> Ancelotti: Gila can go Sunday 3 June, 2007

Warchant
post Jun 4 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

i'd hate to see him go, as i see a lot of potential in him. but if he leaves he leaves...there are plenty of strikers who would love to sit on the bench at milan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jun 4 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #17

Esordienti A 95

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 874

Personally I have never liked Gilardino. I think he is probably one of the most overrated players in the world.

Look at his goals. 90 percent of them were fluke goals or goals that didn't mean anything. He has 2 goals in 2 Champions League seasons. Keep this in mind that he has played most games. With the Milan's midfield genius, I could probably score a couple goals as a striker.

He can't dribble, pass, or do much of anything. He is the typical italian striker that needs to be served on a platter but lacks the lethal finishing ability like Inzaghi.

If this is what we get I say throw him to the curb Carlo. We have started this guy time and again and he hasn't brought the goods. We need world class strikers and forwards not some guy who might come around in a couple seasons. He doesn't work in our system.

Ronaldo came in and really put us in CL contention with his goal scoring ability. This is what we need not some guy that we keep saying. Maybe next season he'll come around.

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Jun 4 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #18

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

I'd give him the chance for another year.

He deserves it for what he did at Parma, and for those goals that he scored in the last 2 seasons. (although he was critisized a lot, he still scored 35 goals in 92 matches for Milan - a goal in every 2.6 matches)

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Jun 4 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,757

third time (year) lucky!!!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 4 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 4 2007, 03:59 PM)
Look at his goals. 90 percent of them were fluke goals or goals that didn't mean anything. He has 2 goals in 2 Champions League seasons. Keep this in mind that he has played most games. With the Milan's  midfield genius, I could probably score a couple goals as a striker.

What are you talking about? Fluke goals, he kept Parma in Serie A all by himself for 2 seasons while he was 22. And he's never scored a fluke goal for Milan, I don't think I ever saw him score a deflected goal for Milan (ala Pippo).

And none of our strikers where scoring this season, because our midfield was playing so terrible, at least that was part of the reason, the other was terrible for on their part. But aside from all this Gila managed to be our Serie A top scorer and score some important goals that got us a couple of points this season.

You can't say that all his goals where either meaningless or fluke goals because that is simply not true.

He can't dribble, pass, or do much of anything. He is the typical italian striker that needs  to be served on a platter but lacks the lethal finishing ability like Inzaghi.

I give you the can't dribble part. But the can't pass part is wrong, if you watch him when trying to hold up the ball and pass to on coming midfielders you would see how smart he is. And look at all the great asssts he made for us, especially last season.

And besides, he is a PRIMA punta, his job isn't to create and dribble it is to score. And he has great finishing ability, his problem is that sometimes he doesn't have a cool head in big occasions unlike Pippo.

Ronaldo came in and really put us in CL contention with his goal scoring ability. This is what we need not some guy that we keep saying. Maybe next season he'll come around.

Let's not resort to comparing Gila to Ronaldo now. Gila is an up and coming Italian poacher, Ronaldo is a world renowned superstar he is regarded by some as one of the best to ever play the game.

Its ridiculous to compare the 2 really

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 4 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

DP

This post has been edited by han2503: Jun 4 2007, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jun 4 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #22

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2007, 09:25 AM)
What are you talking about? Fluke goals, he kept Parma in Serie A all by himself for 2 seasons while he was 22. And he's never scored a fluke goal for Milan, I don't think I ever saw him score a deflected goal for Milan (ala Pippo).

And none of our strikers where scoring this season, because our midfield was playing so terrible, at least that was part of the reason, the other was terrible for on their part. But aside from all this Gila managed to be our Serie A top scorer and score some important goals that got us a couple of points this season.

You can't say that all his goals where either meaningless or fluke goals because that is simply not true.
I give you the can't dribble part. But the can't pass part is wrong, if you watch him when trying to hold up the ball and pass to on coming midfielders you would see how smart he is. And look at all the great asssts he made for us, especially last season.

And besides, he is a PRIMA punta, his job isn't to create and dribble it is to score. And he has great finishing ability, his problem is that sometimes he doesn't have a cool head in big occasions unlike Pippo.
Let's not resort to comparing Gila to Ronaldo now. Gila is an up and coming Italian poacher, Ronaldo is a world renowned superstar he is regarded by some as one of the best to ever play the game.

Its ridiculous to compare the 2 really

Most of the reason our strikers haven't scored is because Gila has played most of the games. He doesn't work well with Oliveira, but Oliveira hasn't done well. We didn't address the problem at the beginning of the season.

This isn't Parma, this is Milan. he went from being a top scorer and producer to not being able to score consistently. What I mean about fluke goals is that he doesn't create when we need creation. He's not a guy who can come in and score when we need it. There are players out there who can come in so its a competitive issue. We have given him opportunity after opportunity and Milan's management have optimistically backed him.

We do better in the CL when he's not in there. He's on the pitch but missing through most of the scudetto games until a defender or the midfield score. We need world class players for a world class team and Gilardino doesn't fit it so well especially when he's complaining about Milan's treatment of him. Any other club would have thrown him to the curb.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 4 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Personally I have never liked Gilardino. I think he is probably one of the most overrated players in the world.

Look at his goals. 90 percent of them were fluke goals or goals that didn't mean anything. He has 2 goals in 2 Champions League seasons. Keep this in mind that he has played most games. With the Milan's  midfield genius, I could probably score a couple goals as a striker.

His goal against Roma was very important, and was a superb finish, it's hard enough to win a header in your opponents box, but to do it while being dragged down AND score is something else, as I said before, it was also important.

I know he's only scored 2 CL goals, which is a poor return, but his goal against United was also superb. My worst nightmare as a striker is going through THAT clear, like he did. Because you have to score, you've got no excuses, it's alot of pressure and he handled it well with a great finish.

Give him 1 moer year, if he fails to make much of an impact then it's best for both him and the club that he leaves.

+Quote Post

littlechris
post Jun 4 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #24

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,747

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 4 2007, 07:26 PM)
Most of the reason our strikers haven't scored is because Gila has played most of the games. He doesn't work well with Oliveira, but Oliveira hasn't done well. We didn't address the problem at the beginning of the season.

This isn't Parma, this is Milan. he went from being a top scorer and producer to not being able to score consistently. What I mean about fluke goals is that he doesn't create when we need creation. He's not a guy who can come in and score when we need it. There are players out there who can come in so its a competitive issue. We have given him opportunity after opportunity and Milan's management have optimistically backed him.

We do better in the CL when he's not in there. He's on the pitch but missing through most of the scudetto games until a defender or the midfield score. We need world class players for a world class team and Gilardino doesn't fit it so well especially when he's complaining about Milan's treatment of him. Any other club would have thrown him to the curb.

I think i agree with u he fail to lift up to xpectation. he score only 2 in 2 season of champions league football. if inter want him we should do trade by barter, let ibrahimovic come to Ac milan and gilardino going the opposite way. as for henry and eto'o, i will prefer ibrahimovic. can't wait to see him partnering ronaldo in attack.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 4 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #25

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 4 2007, 06:26 PM)

Gilardino is a striker who can bring others into play, look at Kaka's goal vs Catania and you will see that, that is but one example

Gilardino can dribble, he just dosent have the pace or ingenuity to beat his man in most occassions

Olivera has been pathetic and its best i avoid mentioning his name for a while

Luca Toni was a pretty decent striker, but after he turned about 27, he literally exploded and couldnt stop scoring, im not saying that its gonna take years but Gila needs decent support in order to score, something he wasnt regularly getting

Wayne Rooney plays pathetic when isolated, and Gila has been isolated alot, no service equals no impact, he isnt a Kaka, who can do everything him self

Be patient give him a little time 17 goals scored in a debut season is not bad

3 Goals for a debut season though...

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 4 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #26

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (littlechris @ Jun 4 2007, 07:00 PM)
I think i agree with u he fail to lift up to xpectation. he score only 2 in 2 season of champions league football. if inter want him we should do trade by barter, let ibrahimovic come to Ac milan and gilardino going the opposite way. as for henry and eto'o, i will prefer ibrahimovic. can't wait to see him partnering ronaldo in attack.

Adriano is almost as useless as Olivera

Moratti will not enter any kind of negotations with us, our relationship with the Nerazzuri is at an all time low so i doubt, no guarantee we wont get him or Ibra

Henry is proabably off to Barca, and Eto'o will most likely go to the premiership where one of their teams will pay a high transfer fee to land him, Arsenal or Liverpool spring to mind

Ronaldo will probably get injured at some point next season and be out for a while, and if we loose Gila then only,Fillipo "how long can i last" Inzaghi, Ricardo "i am as predatory as a giraffe" Olivera and Marco "why am i not at treviso" Borriello will be left

At that point you would scream for Gilardino back

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 4 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #27

Berretti

Member No.: 347

I wouldn't trade Gilardino for Adriano. Never.

At least Gilardino runs and it's not lazy. Plus, he's italian and still young.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 4 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 4 2007, 07:46 PM)
I wouldn't trade Gilardino for Adriano. Never.

At least Gilardino runs and it's not lazy. Plus, he's italian and still young.

Exactly, too many foreigners and we become like Inter or Arsenal, and loose our identity

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 4 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #29

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Porty and I are agreeing on something....the world is gonna end....!!!!

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 4 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #30

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 4 2007, 10:17 PM)
Ronaldo will probably get injured at some point next season and be out for a while, and if we loose Gila then only,Fillipo "how long can i last"  Inzaghi, Ricardo "i am as predatory as a giraffe" Olivera and Marco "why am i not at treviso" Borriello will be left

At that point you would scream for Gilardino back

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The problem with that is if Gila won't leave without proper replacement and Oli+Borriello will be gone to in exchange to world class striker. At least that what our managmet are saying.

Plus about E'too and Henry It's all just rumors.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM