han2503
post Feb 6 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Most fans agree that Allegri deserves to at least see out his contract (expires in 2014, right?) if we finish 3rd or better. and that's what's gonna happen anyway, so why argue about it.

Most Milan fans?

The majority of Milan fans I talk to absolutely despise Allegri, probably even more then I do, which is saying something. Even the majority of people on here hate him.

The fact that they're willing to put up with his cr@p for another year if he manages a 3rd spot only shows the mediocre expectations he's reduced us to. Like I said before. A CL spot for any Milan fan is a minimum expectation and not a cause for rejoicing as if we're some provincial club who have finally hit the motherload after years of waiting thanks to the brilliance that is Allegri. Because by some of the posts above that is what it's being made out to look like

BTW kurt, it really warms my heart to see you taking the time to look for something I said nearly 4 or 5 years ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #47

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2013, 12:56 PM) *
Kurt, you just made my day! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

At this point I'd enjoy seeing Allegri get an extension just so I could see the meltdown that would follow as soon as han hears of it.

Seriously though I think Allegri deserves to stay on if he gets us to 3rd and only deserves an extension if he magically pulls the scudetto out of his *** for us. Assuming he gets us to third, he gets his last year of his contract as a put up or shut up year to make a serious run at the CL and scudetto (hopefully with the help of one or two good signings in the summer.)

The day Allegri wins a Scudetto without Ibrahimovic single handedly winning games for him I'l say he deserves it as well. This should show you how much I'm sure that he wouldn't be able to achieve it in all his years based on his sole merit as a tactician.

I personally think that this talk from Galliani is just that: talk. It's pretty much known that we've been shopping around for a new coach for a while now. And with a new name being linked with us every week it's pretty obvious that the men in suites haven't been happy with Allegri for a while now. Only Galliani seems blinded to his mediocrity

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 6 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #48

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2013, 06:54 PM) *
Like you British say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Eh, it's “the proof is in the pudding”, man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) No one says anything about eating!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 6 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #49

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Most Milan fans?

The majority of Milan fans I talk to absolutely despise Allegri, probably even more then I do, which is saying something. Even the majority of people on here hate him.

The fact that they're willing to put up with his cr@p for another year if he manages a 3rd spot only shows the mediocre expectations he's reduced us to. Like I said before. A CL spot for any Milan fan is a minimum expectation and not a cause for rejoicing as if we're some provincial club who have finally hit the motherload after years of waiting thanks to the brilliance that is Allegri. Because by some of the posts above that is what it's being made out to look like

BTW kurt, it really warms my heart to see you taking the time to look for something I said nearly 4 or 5 years ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Let's start a poll then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) look at this thread for example

Kurt
dst
X-Off
Jack Sparrow
R7
Dracoris
milanbuf
and me

vs.

You
acid

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It's not like that we would mind a better coach, but if you think one would agree to come in this situation, think again. and if we're going to bring someone like Allegri and unsettle ourselves for another few seasons, I personally would rather stick with Max tbh. until the day we have a formidable squad and can persuade a big coach to come in and make us great again.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #50

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well, you know I'm on han's side (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #51

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 6 2013, 02:05 PM) *
Eh, it's “the proof is in the pudding”, man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) No one says anything about eating!

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/proof-of-the-pudding.html (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Let's start a poll then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) look at this thread for example

Kurt
dst
X-Off
Jack Sparrow
R7
Dracoris
milanbuf
and me

vs.

You
acid

It's not like that we would mind a better coach, but if you think one would agree to come in this situation, think again. and if we're going to bring someone like Allegri and unsettle ourselves for another few seasons, I personally would rather stick with Max tbh. until the day we have a formidable squad and can persuade a big coach to come in and make us great again.

Situation?

What situation?

A situation where you basically have job security no matter what f@ck up you come up with each week?

I'm sorry but the only reason you choose to accept this is because you think making the final CL spot in the league is "great" for us. Let's bow down to the almighty Allegri. Personally I'd prefer staying a year out of the CL if it means first and foremost we get rid of this idiot and secondly we use the time to really rebuild. Being out of the CL worked for Juve at the end of the day as imagine them having to contend with the rigorous fixture list we had last season and still winning that league.

There are a LOT of better coaches out there we can choose from. Allegri is simply not the way to move forward. If we make third, we say "thanky you, don't let the door hit you on your way out, bye bye". And that will be a great day for Milan I can assure you. The reason we're in such a sh!tty mess is not simply because we lost 2 players. Who yes were important to us, but certainly not the difference between constantly fighting for first in the league to languishing in the relegation zone. Do you honestly feel that this was simply because we lost these 2 players or because of our incompetent coach?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 6 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #52

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I do apologise to han. It was just an attempt to try and drag some praise out of him regarding Allegri. I thought if I showed him a post of him wanting him would make him backtrack on stuff, but he didn't he stuck to his anti-Allegri attitude so fair play to him for that.

The post was indeed a creation of my own. I tried to find a han post including the word Allegri before he came here as coach, but it only goes back 1000 posts, which wasn't far enough. Basically means han posts about Allegri more than 4 times a day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #53

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 03:56 PM) *
I do apologise to han. It was just an attempt to try and drag some praise out of him regarding Allegri. I thought if I showed him a post of him wanting him would make him backtrack on stuff, but he didn't he stuck to his anti-Allegri attitude so fair play to him for that.

The post was indeed a creation of my own. I tried to find a han post including the word Allegri before he came here as coach, but it only goes back 1000 posts, which wasn't far enough. Basically means han posts about Allegri more than 4 times a day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't know if I wanted Allegri back then, I seriously do not remember. I wanted a change from the stagnancy that had become Carlo's reign in his last few seasons, that's for sure. Allegri back then looked like a smart choice. Humble background, did well with a limited side, had no connection to the so called "Milan family", etc.

However, what I thought back then was just that, in the past. As I said, we've now had 3 years under Allegri and it's more than enough.

No matter what I thought back then, it can never change the negative perception Allegri has built in my mind in the present day.

And I ask all of you guys who I know are genuine Milan fans and have followed this team for a while. Do you really see Allegri as the right choice moving forward beyond this season? The lack of identity he has brought into this club through the way we've been playing should be enough of a decision maker. The fact that last Sunday people were celebrating a non-existant penalty saying that they don't care how, as long as we win it doesn't matter. This had never been the way people who followed Milan viewed things. This is the Allegri way. It's always been apparent from his first season with us. The total lack of class in the team, the time wasting as if we are Cagliari and not Milan. And this is just the superficial aspect of what he brings into the club. Don't get me started on his complete ineptitude as a coach in all areas

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 6 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #54

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

I had actually figured it out (there is a missing anchor graphic) so I knew what Kurt was pulling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But it was so good, did not want to spoil it. And the Jack Bauer landed with his funny image, which I am inclined to believe he fell for the prank or you know, was playing the game all along.

But well played, everyone. Even with my super memory I recall Han was pleased when we signed Allegri, and nothing else. I reckon he was content when we won the league as well, but after that things went downhill. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) In fact, while we were in a state of limbo (Cagliari was not cutting Allegri free), everyone wanted him to come.

Everyone was ecstatic when we snapped up Allegri, because Ibra, Robinho and friends also came at that time.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 6 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #55

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2013, 05:21 PM) *
And I ask all of you guys who I know are genuine Milan fans and have followed this team for a while. Do you really see Allegri as the right choice moving forward beyond this season?

I don't see him winning regular titles or making Finals/SFs of the Champions League. Part of that is the competition both domestically (Juve) and Internationally (Madrid, Man U, Bayern, Barca) being so tough, but part of it is that I don't think he has what it takes to consistantly be a winner.

If the plan really is to make us financially secure and try to improve our profits so we can have a nice budget to work with every summer, he's okay with me for being our coach until that point. Once the club is ready to compete with Juve and be a bigger force in Europe again, that's when we need a top coach who can get it done on both fronts.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #56

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 04:29 PM) *

Kurt
dst
X-Off
Jack Sparrow
R7
Dracoris
milanbuf
and me

vs.

You
acid

Whoa, hold your horses there boyo! I never said I want Allegri to stay. I suggested that if we reach 3rd place then the man deserve some slack from all the haters (including me), but that doesn't change the fact that at the end of he day he's still a mediocre coach, and I want his sorry @ss out of here!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 05:56 PM) *

You deserve an award for this. Not only you managed to fool us, but you succeeded in fooling han himself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 6 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #57

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I'm currently happy enough with Allegri, for all his faults.

We're not getting Pep or any marquee new boss so for I am actually reasonably happy with Max.

So count me in the pro Max camp for the foreseeable future.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 7 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #58

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Seriously though I think Allegri deserves to stay on if he gets us to 3rd and only deserves an extension if he magically pulls the scudetto out of his *** for us. Assuming he gets us to third, he gets his last year of his contract as a put up or shut up year to make a serious run at the CL and scudetto (hopefully with the help of one or two good signings in the summer.)

Agreed.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Mar 26 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #59

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Allegri will stay, underline Milan

Milan have insisted that there is no chance of boss Massimiliano Allegri leaving at the end of the campaign.

Allegri has been linked with a possible move to Roma once this season has come to an end, even though his contract at San Siro doesn’t expire until June 2014.

“The possibility that Allegri will leave does not exist,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani stated on Monday. “Allegri is happy to remain at Milan and he’ll stay.”

The Rossoneri decided to keep faith with the tactician earlier in the season despite a problematic beginning to the campaign which saw them lose five of their first eight League games.

“Allegri, historically, doesn’t start seasons really strongly as you saw when he was at Cagliari,” Galliani added.

“However, our sluggish beginning was down to what we did to the squad in the summer transfer window. I hope we do better next season.”

While at Cagliari, Allegri lost his first five games in Serie A before picking up a point against Milan in Week 6 of the 2008-09 campaign.

Milan are now third in Serie A and just two points behind second-placed Napoli.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 26 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #60

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I'm not sure if Silvio is of the same opinion as Baldy.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:12 AM