> AC Milan issues ultimatum for Ancelotti

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 4 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 4 2009, 09:09 PM) *
He also wanted Ribery and Ibrahimovic and Silvio said no. Don't know if we can, currently, say that management is any better.

Ribery was too expensive for Milan and after Calciopoli, Juve didn't want to deal with us(understandably). So carlo doesn't do too badly. I agree about the management though, after years of poor quality players with ridiculously high contracts we are now paying the price. It's time to cut the sentimentality crap and clear the deadwood out - something we should have done years ago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 4 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

I don't like the way you put it... "cut the sentimentality crap"... we do need to find a balance but I like the basics of the way we operate.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 4 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #18

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2009, 09:52 PM) *
I don't like the way you put it... "cut the sentimentality crap"... we do need to find a balance but I like the basics of the way we operate.

Players who have payed their whole career at Milan deserve respect while the others are just players. We have been too sentimental with deadwood players(dodo, neverson, favalli etc) who have been given excellent contracts even though they have not deserved them. We are now paying the price for this sentimentality crap.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Mar 5 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

I agree with I Rossoneri, being sentimental with players like Maldini, Costacurta etc is fine because they have been soldiers through the years, being sentimental with Emerson and Favalli is not okay. I have no problem with Dida staying but not a 60k a week wage

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Mar 5 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 06:36 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island? It's hard to find many that do. Robson at Barca, Hodson at Finland, but I struggle to think of many after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As for players, Becks, Macca, Owen and Woodgate went to Madrid, can't think of many more recently!

lineker and gascoigne

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 5 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #21

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Habitant @ Mar 5 2009, 12:16 AM) *
lineker and gascoigne

That was 20 years ago though! It just doesn't seem to happen muh nowadays, clearly our food and weather is superior to everything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #22

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 5 2009, 03:23 AM) *
carlo wanted neverson...

I can understand why he has little say in who we buy.

You know that was a long time ago right? Back when Rino was the only proper DM we had, and Ambro was injured. That's when he said he'd like a player like Emerson coz he could give Pirlo protection.

It's like a case of when you're 9 and you want a toy pony to play Cowboy on, and your dad gets it for you when you're 12 years old and you want a Playstation, saying, "See! It's what you always wanted!"

Neverson... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You can't do anything about contracts man. They're signed at the time of closing the deal. Dida's new contract was a way of showing confidence in him, just like it was with Gilardino. Clubs do that all the time.

You can't cut up a contract every year and make a new one with lesser pay. Not every player is Redondo.

Kaka got his new contract coz of Madrid and the superhuman display in the CL. This last two seasons he's a little off. So do we make a new contract that takes him from his 170,000 a week and bring it to say Lampard's level of 120,000. Since now, you could argue, he's been 'only' as effective as Lampard for Chelsea.

P.S: I'm worried this would be construed as Kaka criticism. So feel free to pull in Pirlo and put him on a 50,000 a week salary as well. Since Pirlo's been 'only' as effective as a Sneijder/Gago. (No idea if that's what they earn, but you get the picture).

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Mar 5 2009, 05:11 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 5 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 10:07 PM) *
You know that was a long time ago right? Back when Rino was the only proper DM we had, and Ambro was injured. That's when he said he'd like a player like Emerson coz he could give Pirlo protection.

It's like a case of when you're 9 and you want a toy pony to play Cowboy on, and your dad gets it for you when you're 12 years old and you want a Playstation, saying, "See! It's what you always wanted!"

Neverson... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You can't do anything about contracts man. They're signed at the time of closing the deal. Dida's new contract was a way of showing confidence in him, just like it was with Gilardino. Clubs do that all the time.

You can't cut up a contract every year and make a new one with lesser pay. Not every player is Redondo.

Kaka got his new contract coz of Madrid and the superhuman display in the CL. This last two seasons he's a little off. So do we make a new contract that takes him from his 170,000 a week and bring it to say Lampard's level of 120,000. Since now, you could argue, he's been 'only' as effective as Lampard for Chelsea.

P.S: I'm worried this would be construed as Kaka criticism. So feel free to pull in Pirlo and put him on a 50,000 a week salary as well. Since Pirlo's been 'only' as effective as a Sneijder/Gago. (No idea if that's what they earn, but you get the picture).

HOW DARE YOU!!! KAKA deserves every penny !!! FUTURE CAPTAIN SHOULD NEVER GET CRITIZED (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

j/k (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) <3 ya jacky poo

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2009, 05:32 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

I'm not jackiepoo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

poo is for pommies. mishiepoo, kurtiepoo, I_Rossipoo, M1keypoo, Ashleypoo and so on....

I'm jackie boy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Mar 5 2009, 05:33 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 5 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #25

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 10:32 PM) *

poo is for pommies. mishiepoo, kurtiepoo, I_Rossipoo, M1keypoo, Ashleypoo and so on....

as mourinho would say. no, shut up drogba.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 5 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 5 2009, 04:32 AM) *

You iz teh ghey.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 5 2009, 05:21 AM) *
as mourinho would say. no, shut up drogba.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Meanie-f@ckin-head....silence! I KILL YOU!

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Mar 5 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #28

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 4 2009, 02:12 PM) *
deadwood players(dodo)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 5 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 5 2009, 12:12 AM) *
Players who have payed their whole career at Milan deserve respect while the others are just players. We have been too sentimental with deadwood players(dodo, neverson, favalli etc) who have been given excellent contracts even though they have not deserved them. We are now paying the price for this sentimentality crap.

What thepatriotsareus said:

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 5 2009, 01:54 AM) *
I agree with I Rossoneri, being sentimental with players like Maldini, Costacurta etc is fine because they have been soldiers through the years, being sentimental with Emerson and Favalli is not okay. I have no problem with Dida staying but not a 60k a week wage

This post has been edited by dst: Mar 5 2009, 10:28 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Favalli again. Yeesh! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:17 PM