> Milan confirm Allegri for 2013-14

acid911
post Feb 5 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 5 2013, 08:38 PM) *
It's almost as if Allegri is being criticised for winning the league. He did an incredible job in his first season.

Not really, I'm comparing his teams to what Leonardo had to contend with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) He finished 3rd after a total wreck of a season where Kaka and Maldini had left, and the face of the club had a ponytail and rabbit teeth. No offense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 5 2013, 04:47 PM) *
Not really, I'm comparing his teams to what Leonardo had to contend with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) He finished 3rd after a total wreck of a season where Kaka and Maldini had left, and the face of the club had a ponytail and rabbit teeth. No offense.

Yes, his team was better than Leo's. Which is why he finished on 12 more points and won the league.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 5 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #18

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 5 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Yes, his team was better than Leo's. Which is why he finished on 12 more points and won the league.

Aye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) And even though this is hypothetical only, but it would have been interesting had he inherited the same team instead of Ibra, Robinho, Boateng, and even Cassano. That, or Leo with these four players. But this is just comparing both coaches, for my money neither is top, top stuff. Allegri may even be better than Leonardo, but still.

Nevertheless, this just may prove to be sweet talk from the management. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) If they have lined up someone better they will pull the trigger. If not, then Allegri will continue as he knows the team and players, and is familiar with the club atmosphere. But I still believe a coach's shelf life is 5 years at most at a club. At most.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 5 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 5 2013, 03:38 PM) *
In the same way some on here say "We had Zlatan and Silva, of course we should've won the title" the same could be said of Napoli this season. I think Hamsik has been overrated in the past, but this season he's been unreal. Cavani > all of our strikers, Hamsik + Inler now he's back to his Udinese form > the rest of our team. Juve and Napoli are certainly better than us. Even you said earlier in the season Inter have a better squad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'd say 3rd is a decent acheivment considering.

I guess SAF is just lucky he had Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Rooney, Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, etc. Wenger is lucky he had Pires, Ljungberg, Vieira and Henry. Ancelotti that he had a Milan all-star team. Every top club needs top players and we've still not won the league often.

It's almost as if Allegri is being criticised for winning the league. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) He did an incredible job in his first season.

Only you think that Napoli are so much better than us. Hamsik is a good player but nothing more, he's had some great games but he's had them in seasons prior to this one as well. The only really top class player they have is Cavani. Who yes, is better than any of our strikers by far, but as far as the rest of their squad goes we edge them in other areas. And if Balo can actually keep his head screwed on straight we'd also be able to give them a run in attack as well consdering SES probably has as many open play goals as Cavani does.

This is you once again over exxagerating other teams' strength and underrating ours so your Allegri arguments can be founded. When in reality Allegri has always been given a very strong squad, Sure this season he lost Silva and Ibra but it's still a strong squad.

At the start of the season I said only Inter and Juve have better squads then ours on paper. And I stand by that. In reality what we have now is an Inter that has pretty much imploded in on themselves while Napoli are over achieving slightly, but we'll leave them to falter when they face the big hurdles like they have always done in the past.

That being said, I said I only see Inter and Juve ahead of us, the only thing that has changed is Inter's bad performanced while Napoli are doing well. Thus, this still leaves 3rd place for us which we should at least be able to achieve this season. I've said this from the start, minimum requirement has always been 3rd place with the squad we have, Allegri concurred with that at the start as well, and I still stand by that.

The only reason we're rejoicing now is because this provincial coach has forced us to lower our standards to such a degree that we're hyperventelating at the thought of third. As if CL football is the holy grail for a club like Milan and not a mimimum expectation. That's the problem here, we started this season in such a shambolic state barely being able to scrape any sort of result against the worst teams in the league that all of a sudden we're rejoicing that we're picking up the points that we rightfully should considering our recent fixture list. That shambolic start in and of itself was the result of Allegri's mismanagement and total lack of tactical vision.

When Leo took us to the CL with an even worse squad than this one full of old players who had already given their all to the club he was still fired at the end of the season, and I expect the same for Allegri.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 05:45 PM) *
This is you once again over exxagerating other teams' strength and underrating ours so your Allegri arguments can be founded. When in reality Allegri has always been given a very strong squad, Sure this season he lost Silva and Ibra but it's still a strong squad.

And you do the opposite.

Silva v Zapata
Nesta v Acerbi
MVB v De Jong
Montolivo v Aquilani - about equal
Seedorf v Traore
Cassano v Bojan - I think Cassano is far superior, but I'll give this equal too before people complain.
Ibra v Pazzini

And in the case of Silva, Nesta, Seedorf and Ibra we're talking massive downgrades. It's a decent squad, I've said I think we're the 4th best, now with Balo probably the 3rd. Let's hope with the 3rd best squad for half a season we can go and get it.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Feb 5 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,716

It's unimaginable that we could finish third after everything thats happened this year. Allegri deserves to stay 100% and receive a pay increase if we finish third.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 5 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #22

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 04:39 PM) *
Next season we really need to start thinking about our future, and that means a very good coach, who's not just tactically astute, but also able to get the best out of the players he has

Van Basten: "I'm training to become the future Milan coach."

Link

Yes, I want him!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2013, 06:42 PM) *

Link

Yes, I want him!

I'd like him in the future. I'd not take him anytime soon though.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 5 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 5 2013, 04:55 PM) *
And you do the opposite.

Silva v Zapata
Nesta v Acerbi
MVB v De Jong
Montolivo v Aquilani - about equal
Seedorf v Traore
Cassano v Bojan - I think Cassano is far superior, but I'll give this equal too before people complain.
Ibra v Pazzini

And in the case of Silva, Nesta, Seedorf and Ibra we're talking massive downgrades. It's a decent squad, I've said I think we're the 4th best, now with Balo probably the 3rd. Let's hope with the 3rd best squad for half a season we can go and get it.

Nice how you conveniantely left out the most important part of my post which includes us lowering our standards to such a lowly degree simply because of our lowly coach

As for your comparisons you're reducing it into something very simple when the situation is far more complex. Sure man for man in terms of those guys going out and the ones who came in there was a drop in quality in almost all cases.

But you're forgetting players like SES, Mexes, Flamini (now), DS who last season were in the squad but were so peripheral to the squad that they barely got a look in (Mexes havig slightly more playing time because of his bigger name). All of these players have contributed a lot this season and if you want to really compare in terms of who replaced who then you seriously cannot bring in the likes of Acerbi and Traore into the argument who are barely considered squad members at this rate, one of them having already been shipped off.

Even without Balo we still have a strong squad, and like you said, third best in the league. Napoli come behind us as sure they do have better options in certain areas. For example Cavani being better than Balo, Hamsik better than Prince, butthat's pretty much it. Would I want any oftheir defenders ahead of ours? F*** NO! Any of their mids asde from the previously mentioned Hamsik? Once again, no. Any of their forwards? No. And let's not even go into the question of squad depth

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Feb 5 2013, 05:06 PM) *
It's unimaginable that we could finish third after everything thats happened this year. Allegri deserves to stay 100% and receive a pay increase if we finish third.

Oh yes, and we should roll out the gold carpet as well as make that extension for 5 years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Feb 5 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #25

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Not every great player is a great coach. Van Basten failed so far with every team he managed (curently in 14 place with Heerenveen). He might be ready in the future but definitely not now.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Feb 5 2013, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 5 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2013, 05:42 PM) *

Link

Yes, I want him!

I personally prefer Rijkaard if we go down the Dutch road. Van Basten seems like he's too inflexible and as stubborn as Allegri

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Nice how you conveniantely left out the most important part of my post which includes us lowering our standards to such a lowwly degree simply because of our lowly coach

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 5 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 5 2013, 05:50 PM) *

I'm not saying you didn't read it but chose not to respond to it, because whether you like him or hate him it's pretty obvious that this is what Allegri has now reduced us to. So you chose to overlook my observation and not reply to it, simply because you cannot come up with an argument on that bit

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 5 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #29

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 5 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Not every great player is a great coach. Van Basten failed so far with every team he managed (curently in 14 place with Heerenveen). He might be ready in the future but definitely not now.

I know, but I still want him. It's my personal belief that he can do well with us. I understand everyone's skepticism though.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 06:54 PM) *
I'm not saying you didn't read it but chose not to respond to it, because whether you like him or hate him it's pretty obvious that this is what Allegri has now reduced us to. So you chose to overlook my observation and not reply to it, simply because you cannot come up with an argument on that bit

We've finished 1st and 2nd to an undefeated team, I'd hardly say it's awful so far. I also don't believe for a second he has anything to do with who comes in and who leaves.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:56 PM