Rossoneri7
post Aug 3 2022, 09:38 PM
Post #166

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2022, 02:32 PM) *
This, one million times.

Whoever comes as Kessie's replacement should be someone reliable but willing to warm the bench for the majority of the games. Tonali-Bennacer is our future.

Indeed!

And that type of player is available, who the player is is a mystery to only us. I have a conviction that Maldini and co have a shortlist of players they like. A CB and CDM will be added I believe, be that loan or outright purchase, that is a technicality the club has to manage. However for us fans, the mercato is still open and who knows what their next move could be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 4 2022, 08:57 PM
Post #167

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2022, 01:21 PM) *
We have no money, man. Budget was reportedly 55-60 mil and we've already spent 40 for CDK, Florenzi and Messias.

Sanches was a bargain because he would be coming for 15 mil, but it's impossible to find someone of that quality for that much money.

Besides, I didn't mean to sign someone of scarce quality (otherwise we already have Pobega and Krunic), but someone who is willing to accept less playing time. Last year Kessie played a lot because Pioli was fixated with him and Bennacer was injured for many games. But personally I was never a fan of Kessie and I'm actually glad he's not here anymore so Isma can get more playing time.

The names of Pape Matar Sarr, Ndombele and Douglas Luiz are being thrown around now. I'd be fine with any of them (though I don't think Douglas Luiz will come).

We don't know what the budget is, but yes it's probably tight, but we can still work something out with loan + obligation/option formula. That midfield area absolutely needs another good player there. I personally don't know how good any of those players really are, I know Ndombele was very highly rated but seemingly fell off a cliff. What Kessie brought aside from a lot of physicality to the pitch was consistency. I don't think he's missed more than 15 games total during his entire time with us. That's insane and with Benna usually having a couple of niggles each season I am worried about what happens when either him or Tonali are not available or might need to be rested.

I really hope this is not turning out to be like last summer with not replacing Hakan

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 5 2022, 11:55 PM
Post #168

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 4 2022, 08:57 PM) *
I really hope this is not turning out to be like last summer with not replacing Hakan

But last summer we replaced Hakan with his sub, i.e. Brahim. This summer we already have two quality CM's, i.e. Tonali and Bennacer. So, it's not exactly the same.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th August 2022 - 01:18 AM