Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Rossoneri7
post May 11 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #16

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Boys you refer to Donna's feat in the final and throughout the season as if he is a seasoned veteran who is on the down trend. The lad made 100 Serie A appearances and is only 17 or 18.

These mistakes he makes today will serve to improve him.

That said, I doubt he will remain at Milan after this summer. Scores of top clubs want him. And willing to pay serious money for the future Italy #1.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post May 11 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

I don't really have much to say while I barely watch football nowadays, but I simply don't understand the decision to replace Bacca with Kalinic. Does anyone have an explanation for that?

I did see the cup final, and therefore also Donnarumma's mistakes. I do think Rossoneri7 has a point when it comes to his age. Manuel Neuer made quite a lot of silly mistakes during his first seasons, I remember well. I also wonder about what kind of effect the energy has Donnarumma has to deal with nowadays, since the whole saga. I would not be surprised if he better comes to bloom elsewhere since that has happened.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 11 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #18

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 11 2018, 09:42 PM) *
I don't really have much to say while I barely watch football nowadays, but I simply don't understand the decision to replace Bacca with Kalinic. Does anyone have an explanation for that?

Strangely enough, a friend asked me the same question yesterday.

Hey there man, it's been forever! Hope all is good.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Wrong question. Bacca is detested here at MF (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Oh and yeah, sure, Donna is young. But his posturing, behavior, greed and wage make him look like a veteran/established star, so sorry, I'm not gonna give him a free pass with the "he's still a raw diamond" excuse. Those excuses are reserved for players who behave and act according to their place and position.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 14 2018, 10:31 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2018, 10:04 AM) *
Oh and yeah, sure, Donna is young. But his posturing, behavior, greed and wage make him look like a veteran/established star, so sorry, I'm not gonna give him a free pass with the "he's still a raw diamond" excuse. Those excuses are reserved for players who behave and act according to their place and position.

+1

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 18 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

There's rumours about Liverpool being interested along with PSG. I hope this sparks a bit of a bidding war so we can get really good money from him

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 18 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #23

Players who need to GTFO:

Donnarumma
Jose Mauri
Kalinic
Borini
Gustavo Gomez
Montolivo
Antonelli
Bacca (if he returns)

Hopefully we're able to cash in somewhere around 100M, especially from the sale of Donnarumma, Kalinic and Bacca. I read today that Lokomotiv Moscow will make an offer for Kalinic next week. We value him 25M.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: May 18 2018, 07:26 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 18 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #24

Smoking Bianco

If Milan sells Donna and Kalinic, the club technically will have a cushion to absorb the losses and be within FFP compliance. Then the focus would be on bringing in an experienced striker like Cavani.

Think Suso would leave too, which would open room for a winger to come in. Jessie was on loan so need someone to take his role if he doesn't end up at Milan.

The rest are redundant imho.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 18 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

I would keep Antonelli, that is if we haven't already signed Strinić (who is terrible IMO). Antonelli makes a very good rotation player and bench man.

I'd rather sell R Rodriguez and get a real LB for us to work with, for once someone with both speed and offensive power. Calabria is doing good but he lacks precision and attacking intelligence, most of his effort gets lost with his imprecise crosses, passing and shooting. In moder football you gotta do better.

Rodriguez has been a major letdown. He was supposed to bring offensive power and precision but his defensive weaknesses and his slow movement make him a danger. Just think how many goals we've conceded during the last few weeks through his side.

And good God, Borini? Really? He's been a great bench player IMO and I'd definitively keep him as a team player in our roster. Sure he's not first team material but he is more then fine as a filler.

I would sell all of the other players mentioned bar Bacca. I'd rather sell Suso and bring in one experienced and one younger winger and keep the old Bacca running as a striker with Cutrone and another striker as backup.

We also have to think what to do with Locatelli, Silva and Bonaventura. I think it would be wise to cut all ties with Raiola and sell Bonaventura if an offer comes along. Then Locatelli should stay, otherwise a loan to say Lazio or Fiorentina would do good IMO. About Silva, perhaps also a loan? I'm really not sure about the kid, so far he's been a giant wast of money.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 18 2018, 11:46 PM
Post #26

@Fillipo I think you're being too harsh on Rodriguez. Sure, he hasn't performed as well as one might have hoped, but he's been far from the terrible player you make him out to be. Defensively I think he's good, offensively not as much. But the point is that that left side is not a priority at the moment. Same argument for right back. Calabria and Conti, once he recovers, are well enough.

The pressing matter is in attack. We need attacking power, we need goals. Our strikers are shite, all of them! We need at least two great forwards, one on the left wing and one center-forward.

Hopefully we're able to land Belotti this summer, and as for LFW, I don't know. Reus? Depay? Ronaldo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 19 2018, 07:26 AM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 18 2018, 07:25 PM) *
Players who need to GTFO:

Donnarumma
Jose Mauri
Kalinic
Borini
Gustavo Gomez
Montolivo
Antonelli
Bacca (if he returns)

Hopefully we're able to cash in somewhere around 100M, especially from the sale of Donnarumma, Kalinic and Bacca. I read today that Lokomotiv Moscow will make an offer for Kalinic next week. We value him 25M.

I'd actually keep Borini. He's the epitome of utility player. And even if we have a stronger 11 and stronger bench for next season, you can never say when you'll need a player like him who can slot into any position without too much fuss

I think Bacca will stay at Villareal. They might just want to re-negotiate his option but he's as good as gone imo. I can't see him coming back. Maybe we'd get 10 to 12m for him.

Kalinic being valued at 25m is a joke. We'd be lucky to get 15m for him and not lose big money from what we'll have to pay Fiorentina

I agree with the rest. It's obvious that Donna will have to be the big money maker for us. We should try to hold out for at least 70m for him if we can. But he defo needs to go

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 18 2018, 10:33 PM) *
If Milan sells Donna and Kalinic, the club technically will have a cushion to absorb the losses and be within FFP compliance. Then the focus would be on bringing in an experienced striker like Cavani.

Think Suso would leave too, which would open room for a winger to come in. Jessie was on loan so need someone to take his role if he doesn't end up at Milan.

The rest are redundant imho.

I think Suso will stay. I can't see any top club wanting him enough to activate his clause and we'll be happy to keep him as selling him will open up another headache for us in terms of wingers. We already need to look for a proper LW. Selling Suso would mean having to go into the market and replacing him. And that's not always a guarantee that the replacement would be better.

I doubt Cavani would want to come. Our best shot at a striker is Belotti imo

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 19 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #28

Smoking Bianco

Would not say no to Belotti. But when I thought of Cavani, I was thinking experience.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 20 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2018, 01:46 AM) *
@Fillipo I think you're being too harsh on Rodriguez. Sure, he hasn't performed as well as one might have hoped, but he's been far from the terrible player you make him out to be. Defensively I think he's good, offensively not as much. But the point is that that left side is not a priority at the moment. Same argument for right back. Calabria and Conti, once he recovers, are well enough.

The pressing matter is in attack. We need attacking power, we need goals. Our strikers are shite, all of them! We need at least two great forwards, one on the left wing and one center-forward.

Hopefully we're able to land Belotti this summer, and as for LFW, I don't know. Reus? Depay? Ronaldo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Chiesa? Why not? And another top winger. Perhaps you were right after all with Depay. But Reus would be a too big gamble. If we buy German, perhaps we should think of Brandt or even Schürrle. Also give a chance to Götze who could come at a very low price. And maybe snap up a few Bayern rejects, like Rudy, maybe Coman?

What we need is a much faster and agile midfield. Just look at the game today against the Violas. Bonaventura is sooo slow. Locatelli also not adding pace, while Hakan at least tries and contributes. We need at least two new midfielders, one may be more of a gamble (like Hakan) but what we truly need is a player more adapt to moder fast counter football.

I think the fullback position is vital. Again...are you watching the Fiorentina game? Calabria made several good runs and destroyed them with terrible crossing. We can't afford having two offensively weak fullbacks. I think Calabria has to be given more time, so the left back position must be under reconsideration - Rodriguez is defensively simply too weak while at the same time slow to contribute upfront. I think you're the one who's missing all inadequacies Rodriguez has. I really don't see how he's any better then Antonelli or De Sciglio. No. We need a dynamic offensive fullback; offload RR and bring in someone who can play this position.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 21 2018, 12:45 AM
Post #30

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

You're complicating things guys.

For once, we have a nice structure of a team to build on, why sell anyone!?(except maybe some really useless players!)

Fullbacks: We have Calabria, Abate, Conti, Rodriguez, Antonelli. Seems more than enough for me. Mix of talent experience.

Center back: Bonucci, Romagnoli, Muscachio, Zapata?
We are more than good there as well.

We just need to be on the prey for protagonists. Exactly like the Bonucci buy! But, for an attacker and midfielder.

Otherwise, let's keep our core players there!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:41 PM