4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Were Milan right to reject Chelsea's reported £80m bid for Kaka?, 21/07/08 to 28/07/08

Were Milan right to reject Chelsea's reported £80m bid for Kaka?
Total Votes: 40

TriniKing_CE
post Jul 23 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #16

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 22 2008, 05:12 PM) *
when he turns 29 i'd sell him for 50m+ if the offer came around.

Thats not very loyal so to speak... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
Besides you can't know what the future holds for us ahead, who told you Kaka was going to be like others (avg.) and look to deplete after the age of 29? Further more, hopefully if Kaka stays till that time with us his loyalty and love for the club would out weigh, his desire to experience life at new clubs &/or leagues. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 23 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #17

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

When he turns 33, I'd release him to go play for Sao Paulo, and then I'll hire him to replace Leonardo, presuming he's got some eye for talent.

I'm more interested in Pirlo getting in coaching though. I can't see him coaching any other club other than Milan. Coz here he has a reputation. Any other club, I don't think he's that much of a disciplinarian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Probably would need Rino alongside him as an assistant.

EDIT: Even though I voted yes, I'll be interested in the poll results, after maybe 3 or 4 seasons. After he's had a few bad seasons, and is no longer the stellar performer. When other players start outshining him.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Jul 23 2008, 09:40 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 23 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #18

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I don't see a reason why he should retire at a club other than Milan.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 23 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #19

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Well no real reason. Just that, I thought he might like to go back to Brazil some day, for his childhood club. It's what we usually do. Like we did with Rui.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 23 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 23 2008, 12:35 PM) *
It's what we usually do. Like we did with Rui.

If it was up to Milan, Rui Costa would have ended his career at Milan.

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Jul 23 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #21

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

For the people voting yes - do you think every player has his price? At what sum would you start to consider his sale (if at all?)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 23 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #22

Primavera

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 23 2008, 01:05 PM) *
Well no real reason. Just that, I thought he might like to go back to Brazil some day, for his childhood club. It's what we usually do. Like we did with Rui.

I don't think Kaka would leave Milan for Sao Paulo to retire, after having played more than a decade here (from 20-21 to 33-4). I think it's more likely that he well retire here, on a high.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 23 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (m1ke @ Jul 23 2008, 01:09 PM) *
For the people voting yes - do you think every player has his price? At what sum would you start to consider his sale (if at all?)

Not for sale! Unless it's something crazy (above £150m) I would not even consider it.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 23 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #24

Primavera

QUOTE (m1ke @ Jul 23 2008, 01:39 PM) *

If I were Galliani and I had to sell Kaka, it would have been for £45 million, maximum.

EDIT: IMO no player costs more than £50 million. it's stupidity to pay more than that for a single player. even if it's Kaka.

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Jul 23 2008, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Jul 23 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #25

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ah, so you would sell him for £150m?

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 23 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (m1ke @ Jul 23 2008, 01:19 PM) *
Ah, so you would sell him for £150m?

I would consider it.
Depending on the choices that were available in the market to replace him and depending on how complete my squad would be (if it was complete and I did not need the money to buy 3 or 4 great players then I would not sell him) there is a possibility that I would sell him.

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 23 2008, 01:18 PM) *
If I were Galliani and I had to sell Kaka, it would have been for £45 million, maximum.

EDIT: IMO no player costs more than £50 million. it's stupidity to pay more than that for a single player. even if it's Kaka.

Are you crazy mate? We're on the seller's side... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) what do you care how much the buyers are willing to spend?
And the days of rational valuation are long gone...

This post has been edited by dst: Jul 23 2008, 11:33 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 23 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #27

Primavera

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2008, 02:00 PM) *
Are you crazy mate? We're on the seller's side... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) what do you care how much the buyers are willing to spend?
And the days of rational valuation are long gone...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Well, you're right. I was looking at it more from a buyer's point of view (IMG:http://www.pic4ever.com/images/30upn9j.gif)

But Imagine financial problems force us to sell him. we can't put a £150 million price tag on his head! no one would buy. it should be reasonable price, and £45 million is. it's almost world record [Zidane was sold for a few more millions than this I think]

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 23 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 23 2008, 11:42 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Well, you're right. I was looking at it more from a buyer's point of view (IMG:http://www.pic4ever.com/images/30upn9j.gif)

But Imagine financial problems force us to sell him. we can't put a £150 million price tag on his head! no one would buy. it should be reasonable price, and £45 million is. it's almost world record [Zidane was sold for a few more millions than this I think]

Yes but Zidane was sold during a time when prices weren't as inflated as they are now. If Sheva at 30 was sold for £30m then surely Kaka at 26 would be sold for twice that if not more.

Personally I don't think Milan should sell him for whatever price is offered, the whole poverty stint has been used in the past by Galliani and we still bought players like Nesta and Rui, so I'm not worried. The English media keep talking about how Milan are in the red so they have to sell, but they fail to mention that all of their top clubs are in dept. Not to mention the supposed buyers of Kaka, who if Abramovic were to get tired and bored by Chelsea he would leave them in a bottomless pit of dept, Chelsea as a company has been losing money for these last 5 years.

Kaka is one of those few players that you can't put a price on, same goes for Pirlo, from where are you going to find a replacement for these 2 players?

This post has been edited by han2503: Jul 23 2008, 02:31 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 23 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #29

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

There is no reason for Milan (as a club to sell him), unless the economical situation deteriorates even further in Italy. Even then, Silvio would be the decisive factor in such a situation.

I doubt Kaka' would be sold though, as Capello described it, Kaka' is the new flag of Milan, just as Maldini was in the past.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 23 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #30

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (m1ke @ Jul 23 2008, 03:09 PM) *

No, I don't think. Yes, they have value, but for some players you just can't put a price. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Case being Paolo, Totti, even Del Piero. They show so much love and loyalty to their club that they become priceless. Then again, most become priceless when they are near the end of their careers, not when they are young and starting.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 23 2008, 07:49 PM) *
I doubt Kaka' would be sold though, as Capello described it, Kaka' is the new flag of Milan, just as Maldini was in the past.

Yeah, he's the new face of Milan, as I like to call him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Paolo was the face, but now he's the icon.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:35 PM