han2503
post Jun 1 2014, 07:49 PM
Post #796

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 1 2014, 05:53 PM) *
What dst means, han, is that the injury could have come at anytime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) In the first match of the World Cup, within the first 10 minutes, or in another such friendly or anything. Heck, if we are going by this logic of blaming the coach for playing the first choice players, I'd much rather blame the players first for getting injured.

And trust me, I know injuries. Ronaldo was injured left and right, and this fact was always on my mind.

I'd rather an injury happen in a proper game though than in a stupid friendly in which Italy usually p!ss away anyway.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Dude, you have a serious crush on Montolivo. The guy is average at best, nothing special. Italy have plenty of midfielders better than him. If Prandelli wants to play a diamond, then he should play a proper trequartista, not frigging Montolivo.

Listen, there are countless other players in that Azzurri line-up that I think are a LOT better than Monto and I have am a bigger fan of. Namely Verratti, Pirlo, De Rossi, heck even Marchisio, who imo is an insanely intelligent midfielder that has zero aim.

BUT. Montolivo, in a diamond midfield system is absolutely crucial for Italy, and no, Insigne is not a trequartista, never can play in that role, and certainly not in the way that Monto plays it. Candreva or Aquilani are the only ones who can do that job and both are utter cr@p

Aquilani was seriously horrible yesterday before he had to come off.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2014, 06:34 PM) *
Right. Problem is, Italy do not have a proper trequartista.

This!

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 07:00 PM) *
Insigne can perfectly play as one.

No he can't imo

Insigne can either be used as a winger or a second striker coming from deep

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 07:02 PM) *
Prandelli's list:

Buffon (Juventus), Perin (Genoa), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Abate (Milan), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Darmian (Torino), De Sciglio (Milan), Paletta (Parma);

Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), De Rossi (Roma), Marchisio (Juventus), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Parolo (Parma), Pirlo (Juventus), Verratti (Paris St. Germain);

Balotelli (Milan), Cassano (Parma), Cerci (Torino), Immobile (Torino), Insigne (Napoli).

No Rossi.

Candreva, Cerci, Paletta, and Parolo are all useless to this team in a tournament like the WC, they are absolute MILES out of their depth

Rossi should have been there imo, he is a player that can make a HUGE difference. He might not be 100% fit now, but he could have regained match fitness and been incredibly useful should Italy qualify from their group.

On another not, Thiago Motta is an absolute disgrace of a player. All he did yesterday was give the ball away. He adss nothing to Italy's game. Just a completely 1 dimensional player.

And seriously, Paletta over Rannochia??? FFS!

Best Italy can do with that list is

Abate--Barzagli--Chiellini--DS
DDR--Pirlo--Marchisio
Verratta
Balo--Cassano/Insigne
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 1 2014, 07:49 PM
Post #797

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 1 2014, 05:53 PM) *
What dst means, han, is that the injury could have come at anytime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) In the first match of the World Cup, within the first 10 minutes, or in another such friendly or anything. Heck, if we are going by this logic of blaming the coach for playing the first choice players, I'd much rather blame the players first for getting injured.

And trust me, I know injuries. Ronaldo was injured left and right, and this fact was always on my mind.

I'd rather an injury happen in a proper game though than in a stupid friendly in which Italy usually p!ss away anyway.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Dude, you have a serious crush on Montolivo. The guy is average at best, nothing special. Italy have plenty of midfielders better than him. If Prandelli wants to play a diamond, then he should play a proper trequartista, not frigging Montolivo.

Listen, there are countless other players in that Azzurri line-up that I think are a LOT better than Monto and I am a bigger fan of. Namely Verratti, Pirlo, De Rossi, heck even Marchisio, who imo is an insanely intelligent midfielder that has zero aim.

BUT. Montolivo, in a diamond midfield system is absolutely crucial for Italy, and no, Insigne is not a trequartista, never can play in that role, and certainly not in the way that Monto plays it. Candreva or Aquilani are the only ones who can do that job and both are utter cr@p

Aquilani was seriously horrible yesterday before he had to come off.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2014, 06:34 PM) *
Right. Problem is, Italy do not have a proper trequartista.

This!

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 07:00 PM) *
Insigne can perfectly play as one.

No he can't imo

Insigne can either be used as a winger or a second striker coming from deep

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 07:02 PM) *
Prandelli's list:

Buffon (Juventus), Perin (Genoa), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Abate (Milan), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Darmian (Torino), De Sciglio (Milan), Paletta (Parma);

Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), De Rossi (Roma), Marchisio (Juventus), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Parolo (Parma), Pirlo (Juventus), Verratti (Paris St. Germain);

Balotelli (Milan), Cassano (Parma), Cerci (Torino), Immobile (Torino), Insigne (Napoli).

No Rossi.

Candreva, Cerci, Paletta, and Parolo are all useless to this team in a tournament like the WC, they are absolute MILES out of their depth

Rossi should have been there imo, he is a player that can make a HUGE difference. He might not be 100% fit now, but he could have regained match fitness and been incredibly useful should Italy qualify from their group.

On another note, Thiago Motta is an absolute disgrace of a player. All he did yesterday was give the ball away. He adds nothing to Italy's game. Just a completely 1 dimensional player.

And seriously, Paletta over Rannochia??? FFS!

Best Italy can do with that list is

Abate--Barzagli--Chiellini--DS
DDR--Pirlo--Marchisio
Verratti
Balo--Cassano/Insigne

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 1 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #798

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

What? Just cos Insigne likes drifting out wide doesn't mean he can't play behind the strikers. I actually posted here some weeks ago how I'd like Italy to play, and you didn't seem to mind me putting Insigne as trequartista (you actually said it looks great), but now you're changing your opinion because you want to support your Montolivo argument? Nah, not fooling me bro.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #799

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 1 2014, 10:48 PM) *
What? Just cos Insigne likes drifting out wide doesn't mean he can't play behind the strikers. I actually posted here some weeks ago how I'd like Italy to play, and you didn't seem to mind me putting Insigne as trequartista (you actually said it looks great), but now you're changing your opinion because you want to support your Montolivo argument? Nah, not fooling me bro.

You posted a 4-2-3-1 right? In that system I don't really care where Insigne plays in the 3 behind the striker

It's not a change of opinion but being more open to different things because it's a completely different set-up

I've said that with the way Prandelli sets up his team when the diamond midfield is used, the trequartista is usually a CM or someone like Candreva who will put in a shift on both sides of the ball. Notice he's never played Insigne there when he played this formation at least not in any competitive match I've seen, and I watched all the qualifying games, usually Monto, Marchisio or Candreva or even Giaccherini play in that position.

In a 4-2-3-1, the player behind the striker can either play as a trequartista or even as sort of a SS with most of the creativity coming from the wings.

I wasn't trying to fool you, this is just how I feel about the issue. Simple as that

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 2 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #800

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 13 2014, 10:14 PM) *
How I would play:

Buffon
Abate - Bonucci - Chiellini - MDS
Verratti - De Rossi - Marchisio
Insigne
Balotelli - Immobile

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 13 2014, 11:10 PM) *
Looks great, but I'd go Barzagli instead of Bonucci, and Pirlo is definitely going to be starting, Italy rely on him too much for basically anything that is remotely creative.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #801

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I stand corrected.

Don't know, I just don't think Insigne will work there for Italy in that formation, I might not have been thinking about it in that way when you posted that.

I think Verratti would do a better job in there than Insigne, or even Marchisio

Whatever it is, I think when Prandelli does use the diamond, he'll play 4 CMs in there because that's always worked very well for Italy

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 2 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #802

Immobile to Dortmund is official.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #803

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 2 2014, 06:59 PM) *
Immobile to Dortmund is official.

Another talented player sold out of Italy. Just disappointing.

He'll do well there

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Jun 5 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #804

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

Thursday June 5 2014

Thohir to invest €200m
By Football Italia staff

Inter President Erick Thohir has been cleared by Goldman Sachs bank to buy out the club and clear its debts.

According to Italian media sources, the Indonesian businessman, who assumed the Nerazzurri presidency late last year, will invest €200m into the club.

The money will in part be used to rid the San Siro giants of debts incurred under previous President Massimo Moratti, as well as officially confirm Thohir as the majority shareholder of the club.

Attention will then turn to this summer’s transfer market, with Inter expected to heavily strengthen as they look to challenge return to the Champions League next season.

falling behind the team in 4rth place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Jun 5 2014, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 5 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #805

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Inter will challenge Juve at some point. They have some good young players there and some quality too with the likes of Guarin and Hernanes.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 6 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #806

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2014, 11:25 PM) *
Inter will challenge Juve at some point. They have some good young players there and some quality too with the likes of Guarin and Hernanes.

If Inter can challenge for the scudetto then we can win the CL.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 6 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #807

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 6 2014, 12:09 AM) *

Wow, that would be on a whole other level of amazing considering we're not even in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

And agreed, Inter are p!ss poor, where are these great young players? The only one I'd take off of them is Kovacic

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 6 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #808

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 6 2014, 12:11 AM) *
Wow, that would be on a whole other level of amazing considering we're not even in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

And agreed, Inter are p!ss poor, where are these great young players? The only one I'd take off of them is Kovacic

It was just a figure of speech, but you get it.

Inter are incredibly poor. If it wasn't for first 2-3 good months they had they would have finished 9th again.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 6 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #809

Serie A 13/14 starts on 31 August. The Supercup between Juve and Napoli is going to be played 23 December as requested by Napoli. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Link

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 6 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #810

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 6 2014, 01:09 AM) *

If 200m is not enough to challenge in Serie A then nobody is ever going to win it.

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:38 PM