han2503
post Sep 5 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #16

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 5 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Oh yeah, true, I was talking more in creativity terms. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) While I do think a midfield of Montolivo, Honda, Kaka, Poli, Saponara is highly creative, guys like De Jong and Nocerino (hopefully he stays and picks up his game) can take care of guard duties.

Balotelli also has that touch of creativity, and with Abate and DeScig, goal scoring at will ought not be a problem. And that's even without throwing Shaarawy into the mix, who granted is not creative or creates, but is a good finisher. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Only part of the puzzle that remains is Allegri. To him I say, man up or man out!

But overall, in terms of creative potential this midfield is miles ahead of the dry seasons of Ambrosini, Flamini, De Jong, Nocerino, Boateng, Gattuso and then Muntari. More than two of these guys should never have played together, if were were planning to outscore oppositions. And guess what, when they did, we did not.

Agreed on that bit, I'm mostly worried about what even 1 injury to that midfield could do to us at this point. I guess when Honda comes we'll have more depth as he can play in a more retreated role in midfield.

And yes, personally I'm seriously worried about Allegri. All of Gazzetta's predictions have Matri as the 1st choice striker next to Balo. If he drops SES to accommodate his personal idiotic signing, I'll be seriously p!ssed off, even more than I am when I see Muntari constantly starting, and that's saying something.

Dropping him last Sunday for Robinho was just a slap in the face, he said it's because he hasn't played the new tactical set-up but that's really not an excuse, the kid is a striker more than he is a winger, he'll have no problem playing there and I'm sure he'll do great there.

SES was the player that saved Allegri's @ss last season because if it weren't for his goals he'd have been fired before November. I seriously do hope that he won't treat him as he is known to treat certain players with the typical 4 minute sub. Because that's just the most disrespectful thing, I'd rather he hadn't brought him on last Sunday than seeing that, just disgusting

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 5 2013, 10:36 PM) *
Don't know if this was posted but...

Damn it! Can't we for ONCE just sell a player FFS? Have we actually sold a single player this summer for outright cash?

@ Jack, do the 2 years include this coming season?

Also, we have a host of players who'll be on their final year of contracts this season, namely Abate, Abbiati, Urby, Silvestre and Coppola.

Aside from Abate I think all should be let go. But we seriously need to get on extending Abate's contract. Just ridiculous to let it even run down this long
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 5 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #17

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 02:08 AM) *
@ Jack, do the 2 years include this coming season?

He'll have one year left after his return. But we'll probably just exchange him for someone else we don't need.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 5 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #18

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 04:08 AM) *
And yes, personally I'm seriously worried about Allegri. All of Gazzetta's predictions have Matri as the 1st choice striker next to Balo. If he drops SES to accommodate his personal idiotic signing, I'll be seriously p!ssed off, even more than I am when I see Muntari constantly starting, and that's saying something.

Dropping him last Sunday for Robinho was just a slap in the face, he said it's because he hasn't played the new tactical set-up but that's really not an excuse, the kid is a striker more than he is a winger, he'll have no problem playing there and I'm sure he'll do great there.

SES was the player that saved Allegri's @ss last season because if it weren't for his goals he'd have been fired before November. I seriously do hope that he won't treat him as he is known to treat certain players with the typical 4 minute sub. Because that's just the most disrespectful thing, I'd rather he hadn't brought him on last Sunday than seeing that, just disgusting

Yeah, now that you bring it up, I'm scared of the fact that there is some trouble brewing between Allegri and Shaarawy. There have been some reports that suggested this much, you have the coach regularly saying that things are fine between him and the player, even Shaarawy said so once. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) No it's not alright, from what I see it.

If it were, no one would be talking about it or denying it. Fire, smoke, something like that? Be interesting what he does to the Pharaoh this season, how Allegri treats and plays the kid. But I already sense it that the Matri signing was just Allegri's way of laying the smack down on El Shaarawy.

I hope I'm proven wrong, a few matches into the season. But he pulled his shtick on Pato, he can do it to anyone.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #19

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Kaká-Balo-Matri sounds logical though, especially for a 4-3-1-2. You've got your typical trequartista, your prima punta who can defend the ball, and the second striker who can score, dribble the opponent and provide assists. Kinda reminds me of the Kaká-Sheva-Gila combo.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 6 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #20

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 6 2013, 12:45 AM) *
I hope I'm proven wrong, a few matches into the season. But he pulled his shtick on Pato, he can do it to anyone.

Pato was terrible and rightfully dropped and sold.

SES has been terrible for 6 months or so and players need to be dropped. Matri over SES? Yeah. I'd have Robinho in the team over SES at this point.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 6 2013, 05:14 AM
Post #21

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2013, 07:16 AM) *

SES has been terrible for 6 months or so and players need to be dropped. Matri over SES? Yeah. I'd have Robinho in the team over SES at this point.

I don't think he's been terrible. I think what we're seeing is typical of a young player (a very young player) being put in a position out of his comfort zone and having to acclimatize. He's got another 4 years of 'training' before he hits his peak. Let's not rush and start treating him like a prime player.

I wouldn't be too hasty to call it ego issues, just because my opinions on Allegri might be tainting that judgement.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Kaká-Balo-Matri sounds logical though, especially for a 4-3-1-2. You've got your typical trequartista, your prima punta who can defend the ball, and the second striker who can score, dribble the opponent and provide assists. Kinda reminds me of the Kaká-Sheva-Gila combo.

Not when you have someone like SES on the bench it doesn't, and Balo likes to play as a CF in the equation.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2013, 12:46 AM) *

Ask yourself why he's been bad for the last 6 months

Stuck wide playing as some sort of double FB in Allegri's painfully retarded "system", and what has Matri done exactly to warrant the start FFS?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 6 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

Matri had a role at Juve and did it well, like Pazzini did with us. SES was brilliant for the first 4 months of the season but really has done nothing at all since.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2013, 04:03 PM) *
Matri had a role at Juve and did it well, like Pazzini did with us. SES was brilliant for the first 4 months of the season but really has done nothing at all since.

Scoring 10 goals in I don't know how many appearances?

And what does that have to do with anything really? He has done zilch for Milan, and just like Pazzini (once Balo came) was treated as a sub, the same should be done for Matri.

SES and his great 4 months saved Allegri's @ss last season, he and Balo have also shown great glimpses of link-up play. Balo and Matri will only get in each other's way as Balo tends to move centrally a lot and same can be said for Matri

A front line of

SES-Balo
Kaka

is far more dynamic then a front line of

Matri-Balo
Kaka

Simply because Matri does nothing but stand around and wait for the tap-in, at least Pazzo does great holding up the ball, that's not really part of Matri's game

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 6 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Scoring 10 goals in I don't know how many appearances?

"appearances" is a massively generic term though.

Matri was mostly used off the bench and only played 1,000 minutes of the entire season. I don't recall who it was (Trini maybe) posted a table showing that - taking penalties out - he had the best goals: minutes ratio in the entire league. You can push it off as "meaningless stats" but fact is he's a goalscorer.

What you said makes no sense. Do you think when we signed Balo he should've been on the bench? After all he'd done nothing for Milan. SES is a very limited player, a lot of young players start out hot as they're new. After a while they get found out and that's when the hard work starts - we'll see if he can adapt or not.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Sep 6 2013, 04:54 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2013, 04:51 PM) *
"appearances" is a massively generic term though.

Matri was mostly used off the bench and only played 1,000 minutes of the entire season. I don't recall who it was (Trini maybe) posted a table showing that - taking penalties out - he had the best goals: minutes ratio in the entire league. You can push it off as "meaningless stats" but fact is he's a goalscorer.

What you said makes no sense. Do you think when we signed Balo he should've been on the bench? After all he'd done nothing for Milan. SES is a very limited player, a lot of young players start out hot as they're new. After a while they get found out and that's when the hard work starts - we'll see if he can adapt or not.

Matri had the best midfield in the league in support of him, Pazzini barely had a midfield behind him and their stats are nearly identical.

And if SES is considered a "very limited player" by you then I don't know what to say about Matri.

To score the amount of goals he did in Serie A isn't just something a "lot of young players" do. And let me remind you he scored zero penalties as well.

To bench him for Matri would just be blasphemous on every footballing and logical level that you can think of. Simple as that.

And of course Balo is different. Unlike Matri, Balo is a top player that the team desperately needed at the time. Matri is just added weight that was mostly a frivolous buy by our coach.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 6 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

I never said players do score that amount of goals, it's just common for players to start great and fade. It's going to be even harder for him now.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Sep 6 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Pato was not trained properly and his injuries were all muscle related, that was do to the way Milan had him bulking up. SES hasn't inspired me at all, I'm not convinced playing thru the middle is the answer either. Mario would play better off Matri than he would Pazzini. Matri tends to do some work out of the box, his hold up play is pretty decent and can bring other players into the game. with the return of Kaka i think the prospect of Matri over Pazzini will become a reality.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2013, 05:38 PM) *
I never said players do score that amount of goals, it's just common for players to start great and fade. It's going to be even harder for him now.

I know what you said, but even if most players do start great, that could mean anything really. SES started out by being the club top scorer. I don't think that's just a run of the mill great that is simply experienced by every young talented player.

It won't be as hard for him as last season when he was stuck wide on the wing having to both defend and the responsibility of scoring the goals as well. He found it hard last season because he was being played in a position that is simply not suited to him. A winger needs to be able to dribble, cross and pass very well, not really traits that SES possesses. He's a very quick striker, nothing else. And as soon as other teams figured out how to keep him stuck out wide the goals dried up.

All I'm saying is that he needs to be given a PROPER chance playing as a striker on this team, and not giving him that privilege after last season in order to play Matri would be seriously stupid

Anyway, it's pointless talking about it now as we haven't seen what Allegri will decide as of yet, but I have a nasty suspicion that he'll be playing Matri ahead of him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 6 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Pato was not trained properly and his injuries were all muscle related, that was do to the way Milan had him bulking up. SES hasn't inspired me at all, I'm not convinced playing thru the middle is the answer either. Mario would play better off Matri than he would Pazzini. Matri tends to do some work out of the box, his hold up play is pretty decent and can bring other players into the game. with the return of Kaka i think the prospect of Matri over Pazzini will become a reality.

Matri can do work outside the box?

Even if you haven't watched him these last few years at Juve, his 20 minute appearance for us should tell you that he can do no such thing.

Work outside the box? Look at what SES does on a weekly basis travelling up and down the wing defending or how him and Balo linked up so well against PSV. Look at the work Pazzini did last season, especially in that game against Barca. Matri is just not even as good as Pazzini, let alone as good as SES who is one of the most sought after young players in football

I understand not being inspired by him yet, but you seriously cannot tell me that you'd bench him in favour of Matri.

+Quote Post

59 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 PM