han2503
post Oct 22 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Who: A.C. Milan vs. U.S. Sassuolo

(IMG:http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/hannvis/milan-Sassuolo_zpseb010f2c.png)

Where: Stadio San Siro

(IMG:http://www.acmilan.com/uploads/club/sansiro.jpg)

When:
25th October 2015 @ 3:00pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

(IMG:http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/hannvis/Milan%20-%20Sassuolo%20stats_zpsfnkblfe8.png)

Serie A Form Guide
Milan: WWLLD
Sassuolo: DWDLW

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 22 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Obviously the 'CL Milan plane' didn't take-off, again for three years running. The tension is high in the house of Milan, if the ex-interisti does not win, we are in another roller coaster ride ... Our strikers are out, midfield is shite, defense is a patched up work and the coach can't catch a break.

Coincidentally, the Chinese takeover that got us worked up for brighter days, that hasn't been formally communicated. Until this is done and we bring in established/experienced players, we remain as we are, and Sassuolo will take advantage of our misfortunes.

That said, happier days to come (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Trust Miha to get a draw out of this, maybe a win if the team decides to show up too.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 23 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Diego Lopez; De Sciglio, Romagnoli, Zapata, Antonelli; Kucka, Montolivo, Poli; Honda, Bacca, Bonaventura.

Miha is starting to lose it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 24 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

It's the usual routine, no?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 24 2015, 11:20 AM
Post #5

Yep. But now he's playing Honda on the wing, which means he's regressed to Inzaghi-level mediocrity.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2015, 11:20 AM) *
Yep. But now he's playing Honda on the wing, which means he's regressed to Inzaghi-level mediocrity.

And Bona on the other side, meaning really slow players out wide who both feel awkward playing the position

Again, still think it would make much more sense to adapt a more narrow formation .i.e 4-3-2-1

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 24 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

I think you guys are nit-picking. Han almost worked me up on the "Miha made progress" story, but I guess I haven't fell on it. Inzaghi, Mihajlović,...it's pretty much the same thing. Sure, you'll say Inzaghi made tactical and strategic monstrosities. And right so. Miha isn't doing just that.

But bottom line is, both are bad coaches, mediocre at best, and most importantly, both are completely unequipped to deal the level of mess we're right now in.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 24 2015, 01:50 PM) *
I think you guys are nit-picking. Han almost worked me up on the "Miha made progress" story, but I guess I haven't fell on it. Inzaghi, Mihajlović,...it's pretty much the same thing. Sure, you'll say Inzaghi made tactical and strategic monstrosities. And right so. Miha isn't doing just that.

But bottom line is, both are bad coaches, mediocre at best, and most importantly, both are completely unequipped to deal the level of mess we're right now in.

I'm sad to say that it's becoming clear that you were right.

I wasn't happy about us getting Miha in the first place, but decided to try to give him a chance, but so far he's shown us no sign that he could dig himself out of this

Also, I don't think it's nit-picking to say that we should play a narrow formation that at the very least plays to our players' strengths while also allowing us to have more control in midfield rather than a 4-3-3 which suites absolutely zero of our players aside from Menez who isn't even available

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 24 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Nah, I meant nit-picking with labeling. Is Miha "Inzaghi-level mediocrity" or not, is he regressing after trying out Honda on the wing or suddenly progressing by playing Menez out wide. It's important, but what is more important is: both coaches are not good enough.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 24 2015, 04:31 PM) *
Nah, I meant nit-picking with labeling. Is Miha "Inzaghi-level mediocrity" or not, is he regressing after trying out Honda on the wing or suddenly progressing by playing Menez out wide. It's important, but what is more important is: both coaches are not good enough.

Yeah, well I agree with that

It really doesn't matter, the point is, Miha isn't cutting it, and if things continue to spiral, I can't see him lasting to the new year

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Oct 24 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #11

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I had this conversation with my father the other day who is a die-hard Interista, and therefore a Miha supporter. He was making the argument that firing him to bring in a guy like Donadoni is foolish, it would mean we are paying 4 coaches. He said all the blame cannot go on the coach, the players are broken and the management didn't build the team to his liking.

To some extent, I agree. Bringing in another coach who has no sway on the President or management will mean another year of pointless transfers. In which, we will either spend money on the wrong players or not spend money at all, which will inevitably mean another year like this, and the cycle will continue. In some ways Miha is a huge improvement over Inzaghi, but in others he feels even more amateur. I like the way the guy presents himself, at the meetings with the press, there is no bs, he cuts to the problem. Often times even saying that he is the problem. This seems dignified and powerful, except for the fact that nothing changes week to week. Our defense is around the worst in the league, our defensive mantra seems to be foul first and think later. Our tactics seem to be all over the place, and it's pretty clear that he doesn't understand what the team needs to succeed. His absence of creativity doomed us from day one, it took three weeks for him to understand that someone needs the ability to pass the ball to create chances, this has also been a recurring problem with the forwards. Playing Bacca and Adriano together without a proper play maker or creator was never going to pan out, and many of us could see that from the first game. Now it seems that he cannot understand how to use substitutes, he cannot see when a guy is flailing out there leaving the team to play a man down.

I don't blame everything on him though, he wanted players that the management wouldn't get him and that comes down to his lack of a real resume. One good year at Samp doesn't qualify him as a good coach and without the resume to back him up he does not have precedence over Galliani, and he has no sway with Berlusconi. If I remember correctly it was Galliani who pushed for him which makes sense. Galliani wants a puppet, which is exactly what he got with the last 4 coaches, someone to bully in front of Berlu and someone where he could have almost complete control over transfers.

With a big name coach I can't see Galliani lasting too long. I like to picture it as Galliani and Ancellotti meeting in front of Berlu for a player Ancellotti wants. Berlu is much more likely to open the check book if Ancellotti says it because he has a resume to back him up. He would demand more respect from the management, this includes more time, a longer leash. Take a look at Sassuolo, they have had the same coach with many of the same players since they were in Serie B. This time they have had together has knitted them into a team that is more than just the sum of the parts. There is something extra there, they work for each other and play like a better team then they are, but this take time playing together.

Look at Inter, they haven't played well, but they at least have a project in the mix. They got a coach they were serious about and he had half the year to try out the players. Find out what the team needed and find out who stays and goes. Last summer they spent a lot of money and now they have a true foundation. There is patience and next year with some tweaking they will be even better than this year. If we had the right coach in the wings I'd say do it. Pull the trigger and lets have ourselves a project. Bring in a serious coach give him time and allow him to build the team. This is the only path I see to success. Otherwise hiring Donadoni or some of the other names being thrown around will lead us to be in the same boat as we are right now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 25 2015, 11:20 AM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Latest embarrassment is Lopez is dropped.

As if things weren't diabolical enough as it is, our best player (bar Bacca) is now benched.

Miha making all the same stupid decisions his predecessors did.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #13

Is he really going to bench Lopez??? What a tw@t!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2015, 11:39 AM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Let's not jump to conclusions before the line-ups are out

maldini_03, I'll read that later as I'm running late, I only read the first paragraph and I think your father is right, but if things continue in this vein I see no other option, but certainly not one where we replace him with Donadoni or someone of that level, we might as well stay as we are if that's the case

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 25 2015, 11:42 AM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Replacing Miha won't fix a thing. Not until we have the balanced squad that any manager can work with.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:33 PM