> Serie A - Week 25 - Milan - Juventus, Date: 25/02/12 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Feb 20 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

The big game we've been talking about for more than a month now. If we win this I'll fly to Milan and kiss Allegri's feet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

That being said, we do have a lot of injuries and potentially no Ibra. My only fear is that we'll see the same midfield we saw against Cesena. And that won't be pretty against Juve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Feb 20 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #2

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 20 2012, 09:54 AM) *
The big game we've been talking about for more than a month now. If we win this I'll fly to Milan and kiss Allegri's feet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

That being said, we do have a lot of injuries and potentially no Ibra. My only fear is that we'll see the same midfield we saw against Cesena. And that won't be pretty against Juve

I'm holding you to this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I am so anxious for this game.

If we get anything but 3 points with an incomplete side I will can't help but think what if. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 20 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Boateng's absence is massive. He's been our most inspirational player this season, alongside Ibra. If both aren't available we'll really really struggle.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 20 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 20 2012, 04:58 PM) *
Boateng's absence is massive. He's been our most inspirational player this season, alongside Ibra. If both aren't available we'll really really struggle.

It's like Kaka' and Sheva were both missing in the old days, that big of a blow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 20 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 20 2012, 04:06 PM) *
It's like Kaka' and Sheva were both missing in the old days, that big of a blow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Fair comparison. Yes, Boateng might not quite yet be viewed in the allure that Kaka was at his peak for us, but us supporters know just how good he is.

If I am totally honest, I'd say he's one of the top 3 players in Italy now - Sneijder, Ibra, and Boateng.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 20 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 20 2012, 04:05 PM) *
I'm holding you to this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I am so anxious for this game.

If we get anything but 3 points with an incomplete side I will can't help but think what if. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

I'd gladly do it

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 20 2012, 05:06 PM) *

Yeah, but sadly back then, the midfield made up for it, as well as having guys like Pippo/Crespo/JDT/Rui
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 20 2012, 05:11 PM) *
Fair comparison. Yes, Boateng might not quite yet be viewed in the allure that Kaka was at his peak for us, but us supporters know just how good he is.

If I am totally honest, I'd say he's one of the top 3 players in Italy now - Sneijder, Ibra, and Boateng.

Hmm, some might argue with the 2 midfielders. Boateng has been far too inconsistant with the injuries, while Sneijder hasn't really been anywhere near his best since the season under Mou, plus all the injuries he's had as well.

I think players like Marchisio, Pirlo and Thiago hae been better value for money imo.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 20 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Any talk about the best players in the Italian league is futile without including Thiago Silva in the top 3. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) FACT.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 20 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #8

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 20 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Any talk about the best players in the Italian league is futile without including Thiago Silva in the top 3. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) FACT.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 20 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

What the man said. Exactly what he said.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 20 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #10

Berretti

Well Ibra himself said that Silva is better than Puyol, Thuram Cannavaro and a bunch of players combined. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) And he's been saying this for quite a while. I don't always agree with him, but got to hand it to the Swede for the respect. It's not that Silva is just good at defending, it's how he makes it look effortless and unnoticeable.

I am aware anyone reading this text knows this, but next time pay attention to Silva and his off-the-ball movements instead of the play and see what I'm trying to get at. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He's anticipating the game, making clearances, covering for his teammates, marshaling the defense. We'd be lost without him, I am sure.

I still think he can improve further in the next couple of years, as he gains more experience and composure. He'll be scary good then, I reckon. Maybe, just maybe, in the league of Nesta in his very prime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) And that's good enough it gets for most mortals. Sometimes I wonder how lucky do we get!? Clubs like City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid, even United would pay bucket-loads for this guy.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 20 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

One thing, one team mate describing another as truly great is meaningless. You'd always big up players on your own team.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 20 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #12

Berretti

Yeah, I am aware of that, but this is something special. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) If he was saying the same for Abate, or Gattuso, Seedorf, anybody else then it would have bee another thing. New players usually say this when they join a club, just to score a few points with the teammates. But it's not just Zlatan who has been saying this, word is on everyone's mouth.

Everyone except fans of most other clubs, they've got their heads in the wrong places, or don't watch enough Milan.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 21 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 20 2012, 10:39 PM) *
I am aware anyone reading this text knows this, but next time pay attention to Silva and his off-the-ball movements instead of the play and see what I'm trying to get at. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He's anticipating the game, making clearances, covering for his teammates, marshaling the defense. We'd be lost without him, I am sure.

Exactly. Just consider the match against Arsenal and how he completely owned van Persie on every playable ball. Monster.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 21 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I gotta say though, Mexes looks really good too. He finally has consistent composure, something he seemed to lack at Roma. Very excited about the future of Mexes-Silva partnership. Could very well form the strongest defensive due in Europe.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 21 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 21 2012, 12:33 AM) *
I gotta say though, Mexes looks really good too. He finally has consistent composure, something he seemed to lack at Roma. Very excited about the future of Mexes-Silva partnership. Could very well form the strongest defensive due in Europe.

+1

+Quote Post

27 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:59 PM