> Serie A - Week 33 - Milan - Genoa, Date: 14/04/12 Time: 18:00 CET

han2503
post Apr 12 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Simply must win because Juve will win their game for sure. So if we lost points here, the title is gone

If we get VB back, plus Aqui, Ambro and Bonera from suspension, Allegri better play the best possible line-up. No more f@cking around!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 12 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Mediaset's line-up:

Abbiati; Bonera, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Muntari; Emanuelson; Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

I swear, Allegri's fixation of playing all-muscle-and-no-brain players will cost us big time! Play Aquilani instead of Nocerino or Muntari FFS!!!

+Quote Post

William405
post Apr 12 2012, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Still no Aquilani,this is getting frustrating.He was working well in our system before injury... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

And look at that defence,I thought we couldn't have more injuries,what the hell.

This post has been edited by William405: Apr 12 2012, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 12 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 13 2012, 12:36 AM) *
Abbiati; Bonera, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Muntari; Emanuelson; Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

You take Abbiati, Nesta, Ncerino, Van Bommel and Ibrahimovic out, and what do you get?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) A Serie B team. So that's less quality players, and more bundles of mediocrities (five vs six). Painful truth. None of these other guys can play at our level on their own, do some wonders at will, or even assure you 1 or 3 points any given weak.

If we had a full fit squad, none of these would be playing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Each of the six players have better replacements, but they are out injured. We're struggling to score a solitary goal, with a first XI we'd probably be blasting Geona 4-0. Speaking of Geona, I am fairy certain we'll get the three points in this match one way or another. We just will.

As for injuries to players, I thought we couldn't get any worse. But we just did. But we just did!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 12 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I think we ought to forget about Boateng for the rest of the season. Going by what the press writes, the guy will hardly recover. Thankfully we get van Bommel back, and let's not forget Cassano.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 12 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Wouldn't mind seeing Silva though, if he can make it for the last couple of matches!

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 13 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #7

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 12 2012, 05:32 PM) *
You take Abbiati, Nesta, Ncerino, Van Bommel and Ibrahimovic out, and what do you get?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) A Serie B team. So that's less quality players, and more bundles of mediocrities (five vs six). Painful truth. None of these other guys can play at our level on their own, do some wonders at will, or even assure you 1 or 3 points any given weak.

If we had a full fit squad, none of these would be playing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Each of the six players have better replacements, but they are out injured. We're struggling to score a solitary goal, with a first XI we'd probably be blasting Geona 4-0. Speaking of Geona, I am fairy certain we'll get the three points in this match one way or another. We just will.

As for injuries to players, I thought we couldn't get any worse. But we just did. But we just did!

I think Serie B is a bit harsh (not entirely unrealistic though so don't get me wrong because I get your point).

You've mentioned that if you take away away quality players, we are left with the lesser desired set in the bunch.

I'd like to place a bit more focus on Ibra in this statement, as I still find it hard to understand how so many of us are still seemingly ungrateful for what he has brought and continues to bring to our team. Let's face it, we are surely Ibra dependent a lot of time, it was proven (if there was every any doubt) even more so with the influx of injures this season.

Despite all this, I keep hearing it be said, over and over, that we should ship him out in hope of accruing some large some of money, in order to replace him with younger, promising player, in an attempt of being less dependent!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That makes little sense to me, why change something that is working, and has proven so over an extended period of time (so much so I'd like to mention that this is his best season yet, even if argued to be 'only by stats')
He brings us the results, and in just 2 years, has largely contributed to the fact that we are a club on the rise once again and are once again being recognized by other teams (no longer are we a complete joke)

If we bring in some new player, regardless of who it is (I'd like to point out that that nothing is guaranteed)

Even if we were to sell this proclaimed cancer and get money to buy us several players (I don't think it will), that can just lead us back to square one, in a building stage. Where the club will take time to gel, and Lord forbid we have injury problems again, when exactly will this chemistry get time to build?

Now, I know I've gone off-topic and on a slight rant in defense of Ibra when he wasn't actually brought into discussion at the time, but this is what became of my post somehow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

In summary, in case I managed to loose anyone with my scattered points, I think the right path to building this team is by adding to our current set of 'quality' players, not by selling them in hope on reaping benefits from others.

And a point to note is that all 'top' clubs have that one player that stands out (call it dependent if you like). Ibra is ours, just as Messi is Barca's & Cr7 is Real's own.

Acid please note that this was is no way an attack or direct response to you. Somehow your post just sort of provided a stimulating catalyst for my rant above.

Peace! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Apr 13 2012, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 13 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #8

Berretti

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 13 2012, 04:11 AM) *
I think Serie B is a bit harsh (not entirely unrealistic though so don't get me wrong because I get your point).

Serie B as in these guys will struggle big time to find their way in the top division. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) You pull together the mediocre players playing in this match, and double them, and we'll be down in one or two years max. Because these guys just are not the difference makers, they need reference points in attack, defense and even midfield.

Almost all teams large or small, have them, bankable players that the other average players look towards. You fill a squad with mediocre players and it will get real tough for these guys to bring their best game. Collectively they will work but only if there are a few champions around them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) If not, their levels will drop.

Fill our squad with two Antoninis, Yepeses, Muntaris, and more, and they'll have a bit of a task beating the three teams that will come out of Serie B this year after promotion. Hard to deny this.

Acid please note that this was is no way an attack or direct response to you. Somehow your post just sort of provided a stimulating catalyst for my rant above.

I'm glad it did. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) And no, not in a million years I'd have taken t as an attack on me?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) In fact, I was quite enjoying a rare gigantic post from you, and was in fact surprised on reaching the above disclaimer, hehe. As for your Ibra bit, well hard to disagree there, and not much to add, except I'd have loved it if he was consistent.

It's not fun being great in the first 80% of the season, and then busing up in the last 20%. It just isn't.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 13 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #9

Berretti

Peace!

Oh, and peace to you too, my man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Before I forget.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 13 2012, 01:36 AM
Post #10

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 12 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Serie B as in these guys will struggle big time to find their way in the top division. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) You pull together the mediocre players playing in this match, and double them, and we'll be down in one or two years max. Because these guys just are not the difference makers, they need reference points in attack, defense and even midfield.

Almost all teams large or small, have them, bankable players that the other average players look towards. You fill a squad with mediocre players and it will get real tough for these guys to bring their best game. Collectively they will work but only if there are a few champions around them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) If not, their levels will drop.

Fill our squad with two Antoninis, Yepeses, Muntaris, and more, and they'll have a bit of a task beating the three teams that will come out of Serie B this year after promotion. Hard to deny this.

Well no arguments there...

I'm glad it did. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) And no, not in a million years I'd have taken t as an attack on me?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) In fact, I was quite enjoying a rare gigantic post from you, and was in fact surprised on reaching the above disclaimer, hehe.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

As for your Ibra bit, well hard to disagree there, and not much to add, except I'd have loved it if he was consistent.

It's not fun being great in the first 80% of the season, and then busing up in the last 20%. It just isn't.

Agreed consistency is key and he lacks it at times, there is no denying that.

However we must remember that as much of a machine that this guy is, playing 90% of our games (100% if you'd give him the chance / once he's not suspended (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) will take a toll on one's finesse.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 13 2012, 01:46 AM
Post #11

Berretti

I was quite confident Ibra will be getting some well deserved rest this season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Allegri himself said so at the start, but injuries and a very tough schedule never did make this dream materialize. I've seen more than enough of the Swede to know that his intensity drops in the last two or three months.

Which is perfectly fine, because sometimes we forget that this is a big individual, with a body to take care of.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 13 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #12

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 12 2012, 08:46 PM) *
I was quite confident Ibra will be getting some well deserved rest this season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Allegri himself said so at the start, but injuries and a very tough schedule never did make this dream materialize. I've seen more than enough of the Swede to know that his intensity drops in the last two or three months.

Which is perfectly fine, because sometimes we forget that this is a big individual, with a body to take care of.

Indeed so, and he he tends to not realize this either I believe. I recently read that he was disappointed with the amount of injures occurring so very often (understandably so) and he urged his teammates to push through any minor ones they could for the final stretch of the season. It may not seem like much, but it just goes to show his determination.

Recall from the game leading towards the Roma & Barca games where he chose to play despite his back problems.

His drive his second to none! (...but I really do think he can benefit from a rest here & there)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 13 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 13 2012, 06:12 AM) *
His drive his second to none!

That's debatable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) His drive is second to the likes of Paolo Maldini. I'd say even second to Ronaldo (the original one), but that guy was injured so severely throughout his career, that it became more of an issue of steely nerves than drive. I'd probably have had a hard time coming back and back and back after what R99 faced.

But on the whole I agree with you. Ibrahimović has a massive love for the game, mostly unmatched.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 13 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #14

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:50 AM) *
That's debatable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) His drive is second to the likes of Paolo Maldini. I'd say even second to Ronaldo (the original one), but that guy was injured so severely throughout his career, that it became more of an issue of steely nerves than drive. I'd probably have had a hard time coming back and back and back after what R99 faced.

But on the whole I agree with you. Ibrahimović has a massive love for the game, mostly unmatched.

Touche!

But I think my statement can stand at least for our club's current set of players (aside from Nesta maybe?)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 13 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Wait a minute...Aquilani is fit and ready and Allegri still prefers Emanuleson with Muntari, Bommel and Nocerino? Is this for real? I mean, I know Aqui has been poor and he didn't shine in the AM position, but hell, so did Emanuelson more then a few times. Why not try El Shaarawy or Robinho do it? I can't believe how inflexible this man is. And people used to speak of Ancelotti as stubborn.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:33 AM