Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 19 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

MoM goes to Abbiati for me. He did two extremely good and important saves in the crucial moment of the match. This is why all ended well and more or less comfortable. Honda, Abate and Alex did also very well.

Flop goes between Muntari, SES and MDS to the latter. I'm sorry, but almost all of Verona's chances in the second half came from his side. He was no-existent when it came to forward help and runs, no real contact with SES either and on top of it no defensive stability. Very poor showing. SES was a letdown again, while Muntari...it's just Muntari, no need to repeat the obvious.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 19 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

MoM is Abbiati for me as well. Had a terrific game with outstanding saves. Obviously he'll suck in the next one, cos that's Abbiati for ya, but he deserves it this time. Honda as a close second.

Flop goes to the terrible, terrible Muntari. So, so sick of him. Useless all around, plenty of balls lost and no incisiveness whatsoever.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Oct 19 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

MOM to Honda. He's been incredible so far this year. 6 goals and 2 assists. He's not flashy but he gets into good positions to score.

Flop to Muntari. The usual story of giveaways, lazy defending, and aweful passing.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 19 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Honda easy MOTM.

Flop was a 4 way tie with Torres, Muntari, MDS and Essien but I gave it to Torres. He was just invisible.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 19 2014, 10:25 PM) *
Honda easy MOTM.

Flop was a 4 way tie with Torres, Muntari, MDS and Essien but I gave it to Torres. He was just invisible.

I really don't think that's the case with Torres. He worked hard, plus you have to take into account that our midfield was just non-existent, especially when it came to actually getting the attackers involved.

Torres for my was okay.

Muntari, Essien and Rami in that first half were all appalling.

So for me it's Muntari Flop, with Essien coming in a close second (Rami redeemed himself in the second half)

Honda MoM, with Alex, Abate and SES following behind in that order.

The others were all in between that not bad but not very good either, just okay.

I thought DS improved on his previously terrible performances in the other games

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 20 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

How did DS and SES improve?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2014, 01:33 PM) *
How did DS and SES improve?

DS I thought was defensively sound, didn't push up much but I thought was okay overall, which can't be said of his last few games with us, he's clearly been struggling but I thought yesterday was an improvement

SES didn't have anything to improve on as he hadn't played in a couple of weeks. But I thought he was very good, the assist for Honda's goal was just classy in every sense of the word, nearly had another assist for Honda who shot at their keeper from point blank range from El Shaa's cut back after a great run into their area and overall his work off the ball was great he was covering DS more than Muntari was on that side and recovered a fair good amount of balls back to spark attacking moves.

If people can't see this about SES they're just nit-picking on the kid, yes he was awful vs Juve but so was the rest of the team and it's very difficult for an attacker to get into the game when the midfield couldn't even string 3 passes together in that game to get it up to the attackers.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2014, 02:35 PM
Post #8

I didn't notice nay improvements in DS. His overall impact is becoming very insignificant. Right now, as a fullback, he's not offering more than what Bonera would offer in that role.

As for SES, if it wasn't for that splendid assist, I would give him a 5,5. Yes, off the ball he was very helpful, but come on, he's a striker! I only remember a couple of times when he was dangerous. For the majority of the game he wasn't incisive at all.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2014, 02:51 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2014, 02:35 PM) *
I didn't notice nay improvements in DS. His overall impact is becoming very insignificant. Right now, as a fullback, he's not offering more than what Bonera would offer in that role.

As for SES, if it wasn't for that splendid assist, I would give him a 5,5. Yes, off the ball he was very helpful, but come on, he's a striker! I only remember a couple of times when he was dangerous. For the majority of the game he wasn't incisive at all.

I think you have to look at the players on his side for that as well, he has Muntari and DS who as I said to Filippo was defensively sound but he wasn't really doing any runs.

That is problematic for a winger imo because he'll get isolated when he does manage to get the ball as he doesn't really have anyone to play off of. Compare this to what Honda, Abate and Poli were doing on the other side and you'll get what I'm trying to say.

SES imo was good, he needs to score so some of the obvious tension he's carrying around can ease off him but other than that I think he put in an overall good performance.

As for DS, he wasn't even looking all that comfortable defensively in the last few weeks, yesterday he seemed much more in control and was more secure in his positioning and interceptions. Which is why I said he's improved over what have been a bad couple of games now for us this season

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 20 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Forgot Rami. So popular on Twitter (and among sections on here) but he's absolutely terrible.

I've never rated him and never will.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Great assist. But yeah, he's very sloppy. He looked much better last season. Based on performances so far, I agree with you that Alex and Zapata should be our starters. Zapata does make the usual brain-fart passing every now and then, but I wouldn't judge a defender based on his passing abilities.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 21 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2014, 11:04 PM) *
Great assist. But yeah, he's very sloppy. He looked much better last season. Based on performances so far, I agree with you that Alex and Zapata should be our starters. Zapata does make the usual brain-fart passing every now and then, but I wouldn't judge a defender based on his passing abilities.

Zapata makes a crucial passing error in every game, he even made one in every game he played in pre-season

As you said, Rami looked better last season, but I think it was because he was next to Mexes and they have a better understanding with each other since they've been defensive partners before he came to Milan.

I think once him and Alex play a couple of more games together they'll form a really strong pairing.

Zapata doesn't just have an occasional brain-fart, but has them on a consistent basis. I don't trust him or rate him, at all. I still say we should have jumped at the chance of selling him this summer while his price was slightly inflated because of the World Cup.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 21 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2014, 10:04 PM) *

Did forget the assist, but it reinforces the point I made a few matches ago. In an attacking sense he does offer a lot, but as a defender he's ghastly. It's clear now why he no longer plays for France, and why Valencia were eager to get rid of him.

He's the poor man's David Luiz, and that's no compliment.

Agreed also on Zaps, if he could cut out the careless pass now and again he'd be one of the best defenders around. Good in the tackle, very, VERY quick, good reactions and good at last-ditch blocks. Positional sense isn't perfect, but then a defensive partnership has two defenders with complimentary qualities. And Alex and Zapata are good foils for each other.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 21 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 21 2014, 10:05 AM) *
Zapata makes a crucial passing error in every game, he even made one in every game he played in pre-season

As you said, Rami looked better last season, but I think it was because he was next to Mexes and they have a better understanding with each other since they've been defensive partners before he came to Milan.

I think once him and Alex play a couple of more games together they'll form a really strong pairing.

Zapata doesn't just have an occasional brain-fart, but has them on a consistent basis. I don't trust him or rate him, at all. I still say we should have jumped at the chance of selling him this summer while his price was slightly inflated because of the World Cup.

So, and here's the nub, you seem to want to forgive Rami's constant uselessness on the basis of Mexes potentially parntering him, but refuse to forgive Zaps regardless of who partners him, despite the clear superiority of the Alex Zaps partnership - still our best defensive shift of the season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 21 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 21 2014, 11:48 AM) *
So, and here's the nub, you seem to want to forgive Rami's constant uselessness on the basis of Mexes potentially parntering him, but refuse to forgive Zaps regardless of who partners him, despite the clear superiority of the Alex Zaps partnership - still our best defensive shift of the season.

You're talking about just one game

Alex and Rami have started 2 in a row now with only 1 goal conceded. Defensively we've been frail in all the games, even the Lazio one, the problem is mostly the midfield, for the defence the most important thing is continuity, and we're starting to get that now and I'm very happy with it.

For me, Rami is our 3rd best CB, but if Mexes isn't going to start it might as well be him.

And what constant uselessness am I ignoring? I repeated multiple times here and in the match thread that I thought he was our 3rd worst performer against Verona, but he did have a very good second half, even if you don't consider the assist.

Zapata on the other hand usually makes one awful passing or positional error in each game.

Sorry, but I just don't rate him like you do and firmly believe that if he were to start, no matter who he's next to, he'd be making mistakes.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:46 AM