> 10/12/06 - Serie A - Milan v Torino

misha
post Dec 10 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #31

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Ancelotti urges Milan reaction

Carlo Ancelotti has run out of patience and has urged Milan to grit their teeth and start a winning cycle from Torino to avoid an anxious Christmas.

“This is the time when we need to grit our teeth and not look back,” said the Coach. “That doesn’t just apply to the players, but all of us, as we must focus on picking up as many points as possible before the winter break.”

The Rossoneri have been struggling badly of late with just three points from their last five Serie A games and two consecutive Champions League defeats.

Marcos Cafu returns from injury to shore up a side that is already missing Alessandro Nesta, Dida, Kakha Kaladze, Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli and midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, but Kaka’s strain to the sole of his foot is still causing concern.

“The fans will see a different team from the one they saw on Wednesday against Lille. I am certain the crowd will stay close to the players. It’s a delicate moment for us and I think the supporters are viewing it the right way.”

Milan were booed off the field midweek after an embarrassing performance and there could be psychological repercussions against Torino at San Siro this afternoon.

“My angry reaction after the Lille defeat was a realistic analysis done with the right level of bitterness,” insisted Ancelotti.

“We have to face this game with the right motivation and urge to react. This side can do it. We all have to make a few extra sacrifices, though I won’t explain what those are.”

While Ancelotti’s job hangs in the balance, he faces a Torino outfit coming off three consecutive victories with ex-Milan boss Alberto Zaccheroni at the helm.

“Toro are a solid squad in defence and I think we’ll find problems breaking them down. We still own Christian Abbiati’s contract and are following his progress, but I don’t understand why there is so much transfer talk around Milan and goalkeepers. We’ve always kept him in consideration as the first alternative to Dida for the future.”

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 10 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Zac eyes Rossoneri revenge

Alberto Zaccheroni returns to San Siro to face his former club and used Torino’s upturn in fortunes to prove a point to the side that sacked him.

“How did I manage to turn Toro’s season around? Quite simply I adapted my tactics to the players and not the other way round. I played with both three and four in defence which proves, going back to the famous controversy at Milan, that I’m not so pig-headed.”

Zac won a Scudetto for the Rossoneri in 1998, but his departure was prompted by President Silvio Berlusconi’s dissatisfaction with what he considered to be a tactical rigidity in the Coach.

If the Granata have turned a corner with three victories on the trot, then Milan are on a slippery slope with three points from five Serie A games and two consecutive Champions League defeats. However, Zaccheroni insists he isn’t surprised.

“I understood immediately what would happen. When I discovered Andriy Shevchenko was going to Chelsea, knowing Adriano Galliani’s work method, I assumed he already had either Thierry Henry or Samuel Eto’o in his grasp. When neither arrived, I thought it’d be very tough for this team. You didn’t need a fortune teller to work that out.”

Zac was also sacked by Inter after an unsuccessful spell on the other side of San Siro, but they finally look set to win the Scudetto on the field.

“Massimo Moratti has always spent a lot of money, but this time he spent it well, on players of talent and strength. It’s a squad fit for Fabio Capello, with physical power and technique, so they can’t help but win. The real difference is also in their confidence, as you can see them know sooner or later they’ll score.

“Having said that, I prefer Roma, as the way they play is exciting and entertaining with endless surprises. Daniele De Rossi and Alberto Aquilani came from the youth system, but are two of Italy’s best young prospects.”

He had a dreadful start to his Torino career, taking over three days before the start of the season, but explains why he accepted the offer.

“It wasn’t a good idea to arrive so late in the day, but President Urbano Cairo promised that we’d put ambition to one side for a year and build something for the future. Next season we can think about flying high.”

Football Italia

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 10 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #33

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Squad for Milan - Torino

KEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Facchin.

DEFENDERS: Antonelli, Bonera, Bruscagin (37), Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Simic, Darmian (36).

MIDFIELDERS: Bottini (34), Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Guerci (28), Kakà, Seedorf.

STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

Anyone notice hoe Antonelli doesn't have a number next to his name anymore. I think he might be impressing and is heading for the first team (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Dec 10 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #34

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 10 2006, 09:52 PM)
Anyone notice hoe Antonelli doesn't have a number next to his name anymore. I think he might be impressing and is heading for the first team  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

wat do the numbers mean anyways??

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 10 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

My team for this match would be

Cafu--Maldini--Kaladze--Janku
--Brocchi--Seedorf--Gourcuff--
--------------Kaka---------------
------Gilardino--Oliveira--------

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 10 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 10 2006, 10:54 AM)
wat do the numbers mean anyways??

It's because they are from the Primavera

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Dec 10 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #37

7th Heaven

so this would be my line-up for the game:

Kalac
Cafu, Simic, Maldini, Jankulovski
Brocchi, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Gilardino, Oliveira.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 10 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 10 2006, 10:57 AM)
so this would be my line-up for the game:

Kalac
Brocchi, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Gilardino, Oliveira.

I think we should establish some sort of consistancy in who we choose for our central pair, because our defence are making all those mistakes because they haven't established any sort of rapport with eachother, becuase they are constantly changing.

And since Maldini and Kaladze are the strongest pairing we have, I think we should consistantly play with them until Nesta is back

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Dec 10 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #39

7th Heaven

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 10 2006, 10:02 PM)
I think we should establish some sort of consistancy in who we choose for our central pair, because our defence are making all  those mistakes because they haven't established any sort of rapport with eachother, becuase they are constantly changing.

And since Maldini and Kaladze are the strongest pairing we have, I think we should consistantly play with them until Nesta is back

right now we don't have any consistancy except with nesta and maldini so to me i think simic pairing up with maldini will make a strong hold in the future.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 10 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

I think the Formation will be

Kalac
Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Inzaghi , Oliveira.

i think Gattuso will be bak in the squad but i think maybe on 45 mins for fitness reasons

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Dec 10 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #41

7th Heaven

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Dec 10 2006, 10:15 PM)
I think the Formation will be

Kalac
Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Inzaghi , Oliveira.

i think Gattuso will be bak in the squad but i think maybe on 45 mins  for fitness reasons

hmm... no i think that'll happen in our next game.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Dec 10 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #42

7th Heaven

2 more hours till kick-off

and damn it I DEMAND GOALS!!

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 10 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

i think 3 - 1 but im not very optomistic (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) it better not be another draw like Siena

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 10 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

About 30 mins to Kick off im gunna listen to it on the Milan Radio on the website !
as there is no stream sites (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

MILAN-TORINO OFFICIAL LINE-UPS
12/10/2006
Milan (4-3-3): Kalac; Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gourcuff, Brocchi, Seedorf; Ricardo Oliveira, Borriello, Gilardino.
Torino (3-4-2-1): Abbiati[SIZE=7]; Brevi, Cioffi, Franceschini; Comotto, Barone, De Ascentis, Balestri; Lazetic, Rosina; Stellone.
| |

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Dec 10 2006, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 10 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #45

Berretti

Member No.: 347

4-3-3? Or a 4-4-2 with Oliveira on the right?

Hum, OK. Let's do it guys! Forza Milan!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:00 PM