Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PRIMAVERA IN MALAYSIA, The Inaugural Champions Youth Cup 2007

milanmalaysia
post Aug 14 2007, 05:52 AM
Post #1

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 497

The Milan Primavera Team is in Malaysia currently for the inaugural Champions Youth Cup - Malaysia 2007.

Official website: TheChampionsYouthCup.com

The team coached by Mister Filippo Galli played throughout the Group Stage against Flamengo (Brasil), Ajax and Arsenal and went on the Quarter Finals.

Results:

MILAN 1 - 1 Flamengo

MILAN 1 - 0 Ajax

MILAN 1 - 0 Arsenal

Milan will face Bayern (winner of Group D) tonight at 8.40pm (malaysian time)
which will take place at Shah Alam Stadium..

It's indeed a dream came true to watch AC Milan (juniors, at least!) playing here..

PICS COMING SOON! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

pacang
post Aug 14 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 2,171

Milan not losing sleep over Bayern clash

By LOGANATH VELLOO

ALOR STAR: AC Milan are not worried ahead of their meeting with high-flying Bayern Munich in the Champions Youth Cup quarter-finals at the Shah Alam Stadium today.

Running wild: AC Milan’s Pierre Aubameyang, who has three goals to his name, is the top scorer for the team so far.
The Italian outfit advanced as the Group A runners-up behind Flamengo on Sunday night.

But just like their seniors, who were crowned Champions League winners this year, the Under-19 squad are ready to take on any opponents.

Milan's current top scorer Pierre Aubameyang cited the strong team spirit within the squad as their trump card in the tournament.

“Every game we have played here has provided a different challenge and atmosphere,” he said.

“But Milan managed to overcome each obstacle because we perform as a group and help each other out on the pitch. I expect the same in the quarter-finals ... we will fight to overcome the obstacles.”

The 19-year-old striker, whose elder brother Willy is in the AC Milan senior team, has been on target in all three group matches.

Despite parading an array of talented attacking players like Federico Furlam, Umunegbu Kingsley and Alessandro Ruggeri, only Aubameyang has scored for the team thus far – against Flamengo (1-1), Ajax Amsterdam (1-0) and Arsenal (1-0).

Added the French-born player: “I would not have done it without the support from my team-mates. We are in the knockout phase now and are in with a chance to win the Cup.”

Manager Filippo Galli is not worried about his team coming up against a Bayern side who have dominated a strong Group D competition against PSV Eindhoven, Chelsea and Malaysia in Kuching.

The German side beat Malaysia (2-1) and Eindhoven (1-0) and drew 1-1 with Chelsea for top spot.

“All the eight teams remaining are equally strong. This is a top-class tournament and Milan are proud to be among quarter-finalists. Before arriving in Alor Star, our target was to avoid going home early. We have achieved it and we need to make the most of it.”

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 14 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

FT: Bayern 0 - 2 Milan.

Both goals scored by Pierre Aubemayang. Maybe we've got the wrong brother playing for the senior team?(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Forza Primavera!

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 14 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 14 2007, 05:45 PM)
FT: Bayern 0 - 2 Milan.

Both goals scored by Pierre Aubemayang. Maybe we've got the wrong brother playing for the senior team?(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Forza Primavera!

Great!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Maybe we do have the wrong one indeed... Galli talked big of him the other day on acmilan.com!!

Forza Pierre!! Forza Di Gennaro!! Forza Milan!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 14 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I watched the game against Bayerns and we've got 2 African players that look really good. The #8 and #7, I can't remember their names through but they looked really good and Pierre, Willy's brother also looks a decent talent

+Quote Post

milanmalaysia
post Aug 15 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Pulcini Provinciali 98

we were at the stadium to watch and support our boys..

and hell yeah, they did not let us down...

FORZA MILAN!

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 15 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 14 2007, 08:41 PM)
I watched the game against Bayerns and we've got 2 African players that look really good. The #8 and #7, I can't remember their names through but they looked really good and Pierre, Willy's brother also looks a decent talent

Would you mind checking the official site to see if you can spot their names?

And one more question: Did Di Gennaro play? Has anyone watched him play in any of these games? milanmalaysia?

QUOTE (milanmalaysia @ Aug 15 2007, 05:38 AM)

Nice! Post any pictures if you have...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 15 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Di Gennaro has been loaned out to Serie B's Bologna, dst. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Diavolo
post Aug 15 2007, 04:10 AM
Post #9

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 772

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 14 2007, 06:41 PM)

#8 is Osuji and #7 is Umenegbu (excelent players).
I have been watching our youth team (not quite primavera) because this tournament is U-19, primavera players are also one year older, so a few stayed in Milano to train with Sebastiano Rossi, because they are to old to be in this tournament (one of them is also Willy Aubameyang who wuold have played if the tournament was realy primavera). Willy and Pierre were playing together also last year in primavera and Willy was our top scorer, but maybe this younger Pierre will be even better than Willy. He is a top scorer in this tournament with 5 goals in 4 matches and all Milan goals were scored by him.
He has great partnership with Umenegbu who is really fast and pacey, gives good passes, runs all over the place...
The other Nigerian guy is Osuji who is also very good. He is Gattuso stile midfielder, very strong.
We have also one of the best defences on this tournament - we only conceded 1 goal in 4 matches.
Offredi - giant of a goalkeeper (well he didn't have much to do realy).
Bruscagin and Darmian (he trains with our first team, but he is one of the youngest in the team) - they are like Maldini and Nesta in the centre of our defence.
Cosner (our captain) - excellent kick taker, plays as RB but sometimes Galli (our coach) plays him even in midfield - very good.

Actually our whole team played really well so far, so watch them on EUROSPORT where they show all the games.

In generaly there are some very interesting and good players in our team so I really hope that someday (if they develope as they should) we will see them in our first team.

This post has been edited by Diavolo: Aug 15 2007, 04:18 AM

+Quote Post

Diavolo
post Aug 15 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #10

Esordienti B 96

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 15 2007, 03:44 AM)

And one more question: Did Di Gennaro play? Has anyone watched him play in any of these games? milanmalaysia?

He is loaned to Bologna + he wouldn't have played because he is too old for this tournament as is Willy and a couple of guys from our primavera that stayed home.

Official site of tournament http://www.thechampionsyouthcup.com/splash.asp

All the games on Eurosport!

This post has been edited by Diavolo: Aug 15 2007, 04:14 AM

+Quote Post

Diavolo
post Aug 15 2007, 04:17 AM
Post #11

Esordienti B 96

QUOTE (milanmalaysia @ Aug 15 2007, 03:38 AM)

FORZA MILAN!

Yes I saw on TV (when Milan scored) a couple of guys wearing Milan shirts and supporting our team! Good work guys, but it's a shame that there are so little people in the stadium in all games! WHY?

This post has been edited by Diavolo: Aug 15 2007, 04:19 AM

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 15 2007, 04:31 AM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 15 2007, 06:05 AM)
Di Gennaro has been loaned out to Serie B's Bologna, dst. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Thanks for the info, Diavolo!

+Quote Post

milanmalaysia
post Aug 15 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #13

Pulcini Provinciali 98

PICS COMING SOON!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 15 2007, 02:44 AM)

As Diavolo said, #8 is Osuji and #7 is Umenegbu

I really thought they where great, they have something we miss in our team, great pace and exuberance, they literally fought for every ball that came their way. I was really impressed when I saw them and the #7 was playing sort of as a forward/winger on either the left or right, and he was still going into tackles and continuosly harassing the defenders to win the ball and sometimes he even managed to win it.

I was totally impressed by the bothe of them really.

And another player that really stood out was Costner as Diavolo said he was our captain, he's got an amazing shot and can take a mean free-kick

In the first half he was playing as RB and in the second half he was playing as a left winger and he was equally impressive in both positions.

And our defence was equally impressive they moved together as a unit all the time, each time Bayern tried to send someone through they would get caught offside. Very well marshalled it was amazing how the whole defence moved, something our team isn't even doing quite well atm. The Eurosport commentator couldn't stop raving about our defence as a unit and how they moved, that's how impressive they were.

This post has been edited by han2503: Aug 15 2007, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 16 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Wow! Seems like they're a very good team!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:45 PM