+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 14 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Menez is still a big doubt for the game, hopefully Pippo doesn't play him if he's not 100% fit we have other players who can more than fill in that position, no need to create further problems for ourselves.

Bonaventura and DS had minor knocks with the NT but should be ready to play this game
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 16 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Great threads this year Han, I proudly steal the pics for Twitter.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 16 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Yeah, kudos for the threads, Han.

That's an old picture, though. Bentegodi is a bit more modern nowadays:

(IMG:http://rollerclubscaligero.it/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Stadio-12-1.jpg)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 16 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Seems like Essien is the favorite to replace De Jong in the starting lineup.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 16 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 16 2014, 04:10 PM) *
Seems like Essien is the favorite to replace De Jong in the starting lineup.

So Essien AND Muntari at the same time??

Great double the enjoyment and fun(ny) moments (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Thanks for the pic x-off, I'll change it, and thanks guys, just trying to do something different so that it's not always the same old match thread openings

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 16 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #7

Mediaset probable line-up: Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Muntari, Essien, Poli; Honda, Torres, El Shaarawy.

Menez out injured.

We're gonna lose this, mark my words. With that midfield and without Menez any half-decent team can take advantage of our mediocrity.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 17 2014, 08:00 AM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

We'll see.

I do feel for Pippo, because we really are without any central midfielders.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 17 2014, 08:00 AM) *
We'll see.

I do feel for Pippo, because we really are without any central midfielders.

He's been playing Bonaventura there. So what's the deal with dropping him and playing the dynamic duo from Ghana FFS?!!

Essien is redundant, just play Muntari in the anchor position and play Jack and Poli on either side of him, plus this way Muntari gets shackled and the amount of damage he does to our general gameplay is lessened as well so this is doubly beneficial for us

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 17 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Historically, this is an important game. Just like the derby or the Juve game and I think we have what it takes to take the full points.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 17 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 17 2014, 04:48 PM) *
He's been playing Bonaventura there. So what's the deal with dropping him and playing the dynamic duo from Ghana FFS?!!

Essien is redundant, just play Muntari in the anchor position and play Jack and Poli on either side of him, plus this way Muntari gets shackled and the amount of damage he does to our general gameplay is lessened as well so this is doubly beneficial for us

I don't see it that way. I think you give too much credit to our ballplayers to actually hold on to the ball. This will be a touch match any which way, especially with Honda not having caught a break.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 17 2014, 11:39 AM) *
I don't see it that way. I think you give too much credit to our ballplayers to actually hold on to the ball. This will be a touch match any which way, especially with Honda not having caught a break.

The ballplayers are the ones who do all the work in terms of keeping possession, Essien and Muntari wouldn't help in that, they'd only create further headaches in terms or pressure on our defence and stifling any creativity when it comes to getting in behind the Verona defence, especially since there's no Menez.

I really don't get where some get the ridiculous notion that more defensive/muscle players is equal to a more stable defensive game. It usually works in a completely opposite manner and creates more confusion in midfield and more pressure on the defence because our midfield can't string more than 3 or maybe 4 passes together

How many games do we need to watch where our coaches fill up our midfield with these kinds of players and we're not only impotent in attack but become totally inept defensively to prove this very point?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 17 2014, 12:33 PM) *
I really don't get where some get the ridiculous notion that more defensive/muscle players is equal to a more stable defensive game. It usually works in a completely opposite manner and creates more confusion in midfield and more pressure on the defence because our midfield can't string more than 3 or maybe 4 passes together.

Yep. And what's worse is that these defensive players are absolute crap. It'd be different if we played with, say, Khedira, Busquetes and De Rossi. But we have Essien, Muntari and Poli instead, and except for Poli, the other two do more harm than good.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 17 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

And I just feel the ballplayers will do as much harm. Because they're not Pirlo, Kaka and Seedorf. With no defensive cover, once they lose the ball we're screwed.

I'm going to trust the coach who sees the players in training to make the call. Menez being out is bad news. Too much stress on Bonaventura and Honda now, since I'm guessing both Pazzo and Torres will start.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 17 2014, 02:21 PM) *
And I just feel the ballplayers will do as much harm. Because they're not Pirlo, Kaka and Seedorf. With no defensive cover, once they lose the ball we're screwed.

I'm going to trust the coach who sees the players in training to make the call. Menez being out is bad news. Too much stress on Bonaventura and Honda now, since I'm guessing both Pazzo and Torres will start.

What more can Muntari offer in terms of defensive stability that Bonaventura already doesn't? Just because he's labeled as DM makes him a better player when it comes to defending? You're the one who says we shouldn't confuse reality with FIFA, yet you're doing the exact same thing.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:09 PM