post Oct 31 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 31 2018, 09:50 PM) *
Spaletti is a good coach. Unlike Rino.

He's also good at not winning things so let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Rino is a baby compared to Spaletti and the experience he has.

He's still not someone I'd want coaching this team. We need a proven coach like Conte who is a born winner if we want to actually win anything in the near future
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 1 2018, 01:07 AM
Post #33

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 31 2018, 10:34 PM) *
He's also good at not winning things so let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Rino is a baby compared to Spaletti and the experience he has.

He's still not someone I'd want coaching this team. We need a proven coach like Conte who is a born winner if we want to actually win anything in the near future

Not good at winning things? Before Inter the biggest club he had trained was Roma, it's very unlikely you can win anything with Roma. But on his first season at Inter he took them back to the CL after 6 years. That's a great achievement.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 2 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2018, 01:07 AM) *
Not good at winning things? Before Inter the biggest club he had trained was Roma, it's very unlikely you can win anything with Roma. But on his first season at Inter he took them back to the CL after 6 years. That's a great achievement.

He had a very good Roma side when there was 0 competition in the league aside from Inter, and fell short each season on his first stint there.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but he's not a winning coach and he won't win Inter anything either. Making CL is well and good but I'd want us to aim for something/someone better

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 2 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 2 2018, 06:05 PM) *
He had a very good Roma side when there was 0 competition in the league aside from Inter, and fell short each season on his first stint there.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but he's not a winning coach and he won't win Inter anything either. Making CL is well and good but I'd want us to aim for something/someone better

Indeed, there was Inter, with a much stronger team. Ancelotti had only Juve as opponent as well from 2002 to 2006 and he only managed to win one scudetto for us. With a stronger Milan side than Juve, mind you.

Spaletti is a good, smart coach. I think he is unjustly discredited sometimes.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 3 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 2 2018, 09:05 PM) *
Indeed, there was Inter, with a much stronger team. Ancelotti had only Juve as opponent as well from 2002 to 2006 and he only managed to win one scudetto for us. With a stronger Milan side than Juve, mind you.

Spaletti is a good, smart coach. I think he is unjustly discredited sometimes.

Disagree about Carlo's time. Serie A was miles better then than it is now. And Juve had a great team as well, not to mention, Inter and Roma who were all very strong sides back then, add to that our focus during the Carlo era was always centered around CL football and letting league games slide at times before big CL games and that is why I think we weren't as successful domestically. Add to that I think Carlo is a much better cup coach than a league coach

Don't get me wrong, I think Spaletti is a fine coach, I always admired how Roma played under him, but he's simply not going to take Inter to the next level. And comparing Rino to him is unfair as he's just starting out, Spaletti never had to deal with the pressures Rino is under during his first few years coaching I am sure

And this isn't me being a blind fan of Rino as a coach, I was opposed to his being appointed, I was greatly opposed to the long term extension he was given and I said multiple times that we missed an opportunity to bring in Conte when we had the chance. But having said that, he'd done well for us so far. And it's not just solely based on grinta and firing the players up. We've improved the way we play football from where we were with Montella, Pippo, Miha, etc. He just needs to find the right balance with this team and I think he can be successful with us

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 8 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #37

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Lazio losing 1-0 to Sampdoria.

Seems like the perfect week to win 3 points.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 8 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #38

Allievi Regionali B

Damn, they are winning 2-1.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by William405: Dec 8 2018, 10:33 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 8 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #39

Allievi Regionali B

Oh damn 2-2!!! Saponaraa!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 8 2018, 11:08 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Results are going our way. Let's see if we can capitilise on this. I understand if we slip up, especially when we barely have a defensive line, but this is too huge an opportunity to pass up.

From now till the new year, all our games are winnable and we need to take advantage of that. This is the true test, not playing Juve and Napoli

Roma also drew btw

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 9 2018, 04:55 AM
Post #41

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 9 2018, 01:08 AM) *
Results are going our way. Let's see if we can capitilise on this. I understand if we slip up, especially when we barely have a defensive line, but this is too huge an opportunity to pass up.

From now till the new year, all our games are winnable and we need to take advantage of that. This is the true test, not playing Juve and Napoli

Roma also drew btw

Yes, Roma are terrible this season.

I totally understand your point. However, I also think an important factor is that we reinforce the team January! If we do that, a boost of Ibra-Fabregas is huge IMO.

But, I should also say that I'm very happy with how the team is performing and the idnetity we are giving this year.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 9 2018, 02:53 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 9 2018, 04:55 AM) *
Yes, Roma are terrible this season.

I totally understand your point. However, I also think an important factor is that we reinforce the team January! If we do that, a boost of Ibra-Fabregas is huge IMO.

But, I should also say that I'm very happy with how the team is performing and the identity we are giving this year.

No doubt that those 2 would be a massive boost, not only in the footballing sense but to have winners like them on the team will give us an even better shot. Having Higuain has already showed what someone with his mentality can add to the rest. To have a serial winner like Ibra added to that will help the others understand what it means to win. Our problem is that we've relied on players like Suso for example, who is definitely a talent but has never won anything, same for the rest. We have a lot of talented young players who don't know how to win.

And agreed about the general mentality of the team. Rino imo has surpassed all my expectations, and for all my lobbying for Conte this summer, I'm completely impressed with how he's managed to continue to haul in points even when all the odds have been stacked against him so far this season. When you lose 5 first team regulars, it's always going to be a blow, but especially for us as we don't really have a proper second string side.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 2 2019, 12:51 PM
Post #43

Allievi Regionali B

BTW, I watched Inter yesterday. They won, but they are far from being convincing, honestly. I think they will finish in 2nd place given the competition is weak, but I have problems believing that they will be Scudetto contenders.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 2 2019, 01:27 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 2 2019, 12:51 PM) *
BTW, I watched Inter yesterday. They won, but they are far from being convincing, honestly. I think they will finish in 2nd place given the competition is weak, but I have problems believing that they will be Scudetto contenders.

One game doesn't say much. They were great versus Lecce.

It depends how consistent they will be throughout the season. The fact they have Conte is a huge bonus.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 2 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #45

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2019, 03:27 PM) *
One game doesn't say much. They were great versus Lecce.

It depends how consistent they will be throughout the season. The fact they have Conte is a huge bonus.

Yes, for sure. But, look at the media. They make it sound like they are the best team ever now. Lukaku scores again..while the fact is one goal was a tap in and the other was a penalty. For sure Conte is a plus, but I don't think they can compete with Juventus. Let's see anyway, you're right, the season will show us if the players are good enough.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:37 AM