han2503
post May 12 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 12 2016, 02:39 PM) *
The Chinese group is Jack Ma's group, aka Ali Baba Group. Both Silvio and Jack have been negotiating for over a year now.

It's reported Silvio wants to sell all of Milan, but the Chinese want him to retain part ownership otherwise the deal will not be made. This could mean one of two things (maybe both); Silvio's management to remain with final approvals coming from China and/or that the Chinese require Silvio's political/social/cultural/etc perks.

All transfer negotiations have been put on hold till the deal is finalized. Think we finally are about to be introduced to our new majority owner.

Enter BIG money Milan.

What's Ma's estimated net worth?

I don't understand how the media is saying Silvio has been negotiating for an entire year considering the Bee fiasco last summer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 12 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

It's all speculation at this point.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 12 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #33

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 12 2016, 07:04 PM) *
What's Ma's estimated net worth?

I don't understand how the media is saying Silvio has been negotiating for an entire year considering the Bee fiasco last summer.

I don't know his networth, but bee was representing them. The deal is coming to a close, that's why all these names are coming out now.

Soon there will be new owners.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 13 2016, 07:18 AM
Post #34

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I've heard it isn't the Ali Baba group, rather the Evergrande group. Jack Ma happens to be a partner in Evergrande.

This is a trend now of Chinese consortiums having investments in football clubs in China, now partnering with European clubs. Provides them an easy access to talent I guess. Now past-it footballers in Europe instead of heading to USA or the Middle East might head to China.

I understand it's an exclusivity agreement signed so far and that the due diligence has just started.

Rumours are the majority stake will be sold by Silvio for 550 million, with the agreement that the new owner will agree to pay off the 250 million debt as well.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 14 2016, 02:54 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 12 2016, 08:19 PM) *
I don't know his networth, but bee was representing them. The deal is coming to a close, that's why all these names are coming out now.

Soon there will be new owners.

So what you're saying is that Bee was an intermediary and this is still the same deal?

Because I think Bee was also given exclusivity a few months ago and it fell through IIRC

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 15 2016, 07:36 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

I believe Bee was more of a broker than anything else. He had little money of his own. However the new intermediaries are very reputed people in the sports business.

Jack Ma heads Ali Baba group and has a personal net worth of 23 billion dollars. But Milan's interested buyers are rumoured to be Evergrande group- China's second largest property developers and owners of Guangzhou Evergrande FC (the team Marcello Lippi coached back in China and 5 time consecutive league winner of Chinese super league). Jack Ma holds a minority stake in the Evergrande company. The majority owner is Xu Jiayin with a personal networth of 4.9 billion dollars.
Source: Wikipedia articles browsed at work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 15 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #37

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 14 2016, 05:54 PM) *
So what you're saying is that Bee was an intermediary and this is still the same deal?

Because I think Bee was also given exclusivity a few months ago and it fell through IIRC

Yup. As Jack pointed out below, he was nothing more than a broker.

The deal has changed from what it was back then. Back then the deal was for Berlusconi to retain majority. This one is where the Chinese become the majority and clear all debts.

They might be two different deals. But knowing Berlusconi's personality (as we all are aware after years of dealing with him) coupled with the character of his Chinese counterpart(s); I'm not at all surprised it lasted a season for their egos to be filled and get this done.

My only hope is that Milan is taken care of by the right people. Money alone

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 15 2016, 04:44 PM) *
Yup. As Jack pointed out below, he was nothing more than a broker.

The deal has changed from what it was back then. Back then the deal was for Berlusconi to retain majority. This one is where the Chinese become the majority and clear all debts.

They might be two different deals. But knowing Berlusconi's personality (as we all are aware after years of dealing with him) coupled with the character of his Chinese counterpart(s); I'm not at all surprised it lasted a season for their egos to be filled and get this done.

My only hope is that Milan is taken care of by the right people. Money alone

Let's hope so, I thought the Bee thing just didn't make any sense at all considering the quoted amount and the fact that it was for a minority share.

I think there's something like 3 weeks still left for the due diligence period to be over so let's all cross our fingers that this thing goes through because we simply cannot afford another season with Galliani running things on the transfer side. We need someone who knows what they're doing

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 23 2016, 02:03 AM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

"The Chinese want to kick me out," he told reporters at the public get-together...

http://www.football-italia.net/84789/berlu...-stay-president

+Quote Post

rip
post May 23 2016, 04:09 AM
Post #40

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,065

i really hope they do

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 23 2016, 07:54 AM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think keeping Berlusconi (without Galliani) wouldn't do much harm.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 23 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

I actually think the opposite. Surprisingly. I think Galliani is a good negotiator for a rich club.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 23 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #43

Primavera
Group Icon

After last season? No thanks. Berlusconi saved Milan from a downward spiral and achieved great things. He's the clubs most successful president.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 23 2016, 07:13 PM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

But anyway, it seems like everything will remain exactly as it is now. Brocchi coach, Berlu president, Galliani CEO. Great...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 23 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #45

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 23 2016, 01:27 PM) *
I actually think the opposite. Surprisingly. I think Galliani is a good negotiator for a rich club.

That's what I thought as well, but then last summer happened as he squandered 100 million.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:49 AM