> 22/08/06 - CL - Red Star vs. Milan

Rossoneri7
post Aug 26 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #241

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 26 2006, 02:38 PM)
you obviously are not aware of the reaction Italians had when French (and others) called them mafiosi at the World Cup!!!!!

To call Italians a nation of criminals IS bad!!!!

I am aware of the reaction .. I can see that you are reacting to it .. But believe it or not, its not just Italy that has to go through with this, many countries have organized crime ..

Thus, the term 'mafia' doesn't seem as bad as it did, I took this in Sociology class some 3 yrs ago. The actual word 'mafia' isn't as harsh as it used to be, on contrary it is only the ignorant that use it .. It just doesn't exist in that sense .. Right now, it is much more inbedded to your everyday politics and businesses .. Has nothing to do with a bunch of criminals

Ofcourse you'll be insulted by what it used to mean, but in our day and age; it isn't a reason to sue someone .. Do you get me ?

It is part of history, it's like a dis to a race or religion, like if you say 'Nazi' .. Only the ignorant use it .. You feel discomforted by it, but it is not a reason to go all out on the person, because bottom line they have no idea what it is they are talking about, basically not worth it, IMHO.

'mafia' .. They were saying that during the final, they must have been reacting to the calciopoli; again ignorance, they don't know the details just went for the simplest explanation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 26 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #242

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,214

Comon, people. calm down. mafiosi or not mafiosi, it really doesn't mean anything right now.

We are passed them. "mafia" had started in italy, so it mostly reffers to them.

Nothing special, calm down.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 26 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #243

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 26 2006, 04:35 PM)
Ofcourse you'll be insulted by what it used to mean, but in our day and age; it isn't a reason to sue someone .. Do you get me ?

It is part of history, it's like a dis to a race or religion, like if you say 'Nazi' .. Only the ignorant use it .. You feel discomforted by it, but it is not a reason to go all out on the person, because bottom line they have no idea what it is they are talking about, basically not worth it, IMHO.

I absolutely understood what you're saying!!!

BUT don't you get it!!!?????????????????????
Who gives a f@ck what the word means!!!?? It does not matter; Red Star fans wrote "Mafiosi" and even if Italians know the exact f@cking meaning of that word they still know what Red Star fans mean; and that's CRIMINALS!!!!! the exact meaning is just for dictionaries, the way it's used itself is what counts in this instance!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 26 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #244

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

dst is very reasonable here...

This problem can be used on two different levels:

First, if we say that the word "mafiosi" is used to describe a national characterology in a insulting way. Then this word would be equal as other words like "nazi" or "nigger". Does words, in this shape are very powerfull, even if we have the context on mind.

Second, if we isolated this word and describe as only insulting, but not on the basis of a national characterology. The this word would not have it`s power and would just present a rude gesture.

I don`t know if were clear about this (argh.., English is just my third option language), but the bottom line is that it depends on our point of view. But dangerous words that are even more powerfull than the persons who speak about them should be let beside. Especially for foreign (in this chase not Italian) people.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 27 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #245

Smoking Bianco

@dst .. That's it .. Italians do know that they are ignorant .. But do you ? (That's what I'v been trying to say)

Basically, what i'v been trying to say (for the past 2 days (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) .. Don't let it get to u, cz they have no idea what they are talking about .. just soar lossers

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Aug 27 2006, 07:38 AM

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 27 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #246

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 27 2006, 07:51 AM)
@dst .. That's it .. Italians do know that they are ignorant .. But do you ? (That's what I'v been trying to say)

Basically, what i'v been trying to say (for the past 2 days (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) .. Don't let it get to u, cz they have no idea what they are talking about .. just soar lossers

I don't get you!!! really ...

Italians know that by Mafiosi Red Star fans meant criminals!!!! and this is insulting. Period.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 27 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #247

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 27 2006, 04:29 PM)

Italians know that by Mafiosi Red Star fans meant criminals!!!! and this is insulting. Period.

Living here in Croatia i`ve become very familiar with our neighbour Red Star fans (delije). Belive me, it`s their way of expression. It`s just a primitive way of thinking that should not be even concerned by us...

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 27 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #248

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 27 2006, 07:38 PM)
Living here in Croatia i`ve become very familiar with our neighbour Red Star fans (delije). Belive me, it`s their way of expression. It`s just a primitive way of thinking that should not be even concerned by us...

well here in Greece fans find it funny to shrill out abuses against players' mothers and stuff every Sunday as well so I'm kinda used to that kind of insulting behaviour ...
I don't hold anything against them delije or who they're called cause that's a common manner nowadays but still what they said is insulting, isn't it!!???

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 27 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #249

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 27 2006, 06:29 PM)

No Red Star fans put up that sign to justify their defeat in the CL 3rd preliminary .. Had we played a team like Arsenal or Liverpool; we wouldnt even be discussing this (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 27 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #250

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 27 2006, 05:56 PM)
well here in Greece fans find it funny to shrill out abuses against players' mothers and stuff every Sunday as well so I'm kinda used to that kind of insulting behaviour ...
I don't hold anything against them delije or who they're called cause that's a common manner nowadays but still what they said is insulting, isn't it!!???

Yes it is...but whe should not be insulted. The delije have made the same to every Croatian club they played against. They called us "ustase"(croatian nazis) and demolished the whole city after the game (by the way, they won 3-1.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ). So the minuted I saw Milan is gonna play against them I knew it....

+Quote Post

Denis_prishtina
post Aug 27 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #251

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,371

Hahahahaha why we have to loose time with this things , the only word is : " ARRIVEDERCI a Red star " (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
here is one image for Delije : http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plisatew7.jpg

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 27 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #252

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 27 2006, 08:49 PM)
No Red Star fans put up that sign to justify their defeat in the CL 3rd preliminary .. Had we played a team like Arsenal or Liverpool; we wouldnt even be discussing this (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

they put it up before the game had even started ... and we didn't play Arsenal so that's why we're discussing it!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
anyway let's call it a day, it doesn't seem like we're to end somewhere!!!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 27 2006, 08:56 PM)

oh thank God they did not lose!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 PM