X-Offender
post May 6 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #31

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 6 2012, 11:54 AM) *
FFP won't work.

English clubs, City inparticular, will keep spending and say "Yeah, what're you gonna do about it?" and nothing will be done. The English clubs that overspend are also the big draws for FIFA/UEFA, so they're hardly going to ban them from Europe are they?

These rules are a joke anyways, just proof that they're doing everything they can to give top clubs an extra advantage.

That's what you think, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do ban them from European competitions. Platini is stubborn ****, he always wants things to go his way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 6 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I just don't see it, same with Barca.

The only thing FFP does is guarentee Madrid whatever success they want. Even after signing Ronaldo they made a profit that year, it's absurd how much money they make. They can sign who they want, while other clubs - Barca included - make a loss.

I don't see how it works. Yet another thing that's not been thought through at all.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 6 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #33

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 6 2012, 12:01 PM) *
You really believe that Man City will "play fair" when the FFP rules come into play? They've got endless money backing them up. Those depts will be handled one way or the other.

Its debt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

City have a massive sponsorship deal, the biggest in England I believe, that's where their money will be coming from. Mansour cant be pumping money in to cover losses, but there could put in place an SPV established to buy off City's debt and have it settled in that way, however not sure if that is legitimate under new FFP rules.

Hence, to answer your question City has to play fair, however its UEFA's tolerance at allowing these 'BIG' clubs more time to get things in line ... That we have yet to see, but cant pass premature judgments like that han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 6 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #34

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Its debt

Got him! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2012, 11:08 AM) *
Its debt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

City have a massive sponsorship deal, the biggest in England I believe, that's where their money will be coming from. Mansour cant be pumping money in to cover losses, but there could put in place an SPV established to buy off City's debt and have it settled in that way, however not sure if that is legitimate under new FFP rules.

Hence, to answer your question City has to play fair, however its UEFA's tolerance at allowing these 'BIG' clubs more time to get things in line ... That we have yet to see, but cant pass premature judgments like that han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Don't get on the acid train!!!

You just identified one method for them to slip on through. And I'm sure there are even more ways to bend things around.

But like kurt, I don't believe UEFA will be banning any top club. They're all about the money, and stopping clubs like City,. Chelsea, Man U, Milan, Inter, Barca would mean huge losses for them. They'd be ok with leaving out some Russian team, they're all in for applying the rules in those circumstances, but when it does not suite them they're willing to look the other way.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 6 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #36

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 6 2012, 03:05 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Don't get on the acid train!!!

You just identified one method for them to slip on through. And I'm sure there are even more ways to bend things around.

But like kurt, I don't believe UEFA will be banning any top club. They're all about the money, and stopping clubs like City,. Chelsea, Man U, Milan, Inter, Barca would mean huge losses for them. They'd be ok with leaving out some Russian team, they're all in for applying the rules in those circumstances, but when it does not suite them they're willing to look the other way.

I identified one method and can come up with another five, but if that is considered legitimate under the FFP rules, we have yet to see.

Remember han, the BIG clubs asked for the FFP rules, they asked because they wanted to be protected from big spending clubs like Chelsea, City, and the likes ... Also to even out the playing field, but above all it was the big clubs that pushed for it.

Now whether UEFA will ban clubs, we can not 'prematurely' decide about that, we can only hope that UEFA will tolerate stuff and take clubs on a case-by-case basis to sort out certain problems (such as our financial strength, cuz within 3 years we could be bankrupt under FFP rules).

Big clubs bring money to UEFA, yes they do, but how come the FFP rules didn't get any resentment from the top clubs? apart from Wenger who complained about City, and in City's defense they signed a sponsorship deal worth $X and that was all they had to do to secure funds.

Again, I believe the FFP will be implemented slowly so as not to cause a shock, but at the same time clubs have to show their commitment (for example we implemented a wage cap amongst other things) ...

In conclusion, you cant say much about it until it has been implemented.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2012, 01:22 PM) *
I identified one method and can come up with another five, but if that is considered legitimate under the FFP rules, we have yet to see.

Remember han, the BIG clubs asked for the FFP rules, they asked because they wanted to be protected from big spending clubs like Chelsea, City, and the likes ... Also to even out the playing field, but above all it was the big clubs that pushed for it.

Now whether UEFA will ban clubs, we can not 'prematurely' decide about that, we can only hope that UEFA will tolerate stuff and take clubs on a case-by-case basis to sort out certain problems (such as our financial strength, cuz within 3 years we could be bankrupt under FFP rules).

Big clubs bring money to UEFA, yes they do, but how come the FFP rules didn't get any resentment from the top clubs? apart from Wenger who complained about City, and in City's defense they signed a sponsorship deal worth $X and that was all they had to do to secure funds.

Again, I believe the FFP will be implemented slowly so as not to cause a shock, but at the same time clubs have to show their commitment (for example we implemented a wage cap amongst other things) ...

In conclusion, you cant say much about it until it has been implemented.

Did we really implement a wage cap? Because Ibra earns a huge 9m per year...

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 7 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #38

Berretti

You guys do know that the FFP is just plain balderdash, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Anything they want to implement can be surpassed, all their rules bended by any willing soul. All these filthy rich guys (as well as those with dirty black money who want to turn it white) need to do is funnel the funds via sponsorship deals.

If Berlusconi wanted he can throw in 50m any given year using a fake front company. Same goes for almost every other big club, if they want the cash, they can bring it in bypassing any UEFA rules and regulations.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 7 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #39

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Yeah..but that article also talked about UEFA assessing the market value for sponsorship deals. So they can't really bypass that too easily.

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 7 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #40

Berretti

I know, but it'll be like the rest of the financial world, the one holding the money will (almost) always be one step ahead of the one doing the auditing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) In theory FFP may be a good idea that took some time coming, but only in theory. If I am a Russian oil tycoon, or have loads and loads of black money, football is my ticket to white.

European football in particular. How else do you think we arrived at the massively inflated figures of today.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 7 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

If they actually enforced this, a lot of football clubs would just die. I don't think Platini graps the idea that the majority of teams make a loss, so what are they meant to do? Sell players every year to break even until they have nobody left? If enforced properly, you might get 10-12 teams that can get into Europe?

Just another way to keep the rich clubs richer (in terms of success) and give the smaller clubs even less hope of success.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: May 7 2012, 09:51 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 8 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #42

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 6 2012, 09:24 PM) *
Did we really implement a wage cap? Because Ibra earns a huge 9m per year...

Yes we did, with the exception of Ibra of course.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 7 2012, 11:51 AM) *
If they actually enforced this, a lot of football clubs would just die. I don't think Platini graps the idea that the majority of teams make a loss, so what are they meant to do? Sell players every year to break even until they have nobody left? If enforced properly, you might get 10-12 teams that can get into Europe?

Just another way to keep the rich clubs richer (in terms of success) and give the smaller clubs even less hope of success.

Well, if FFP was implemented, you wont have high wages/transfer fees anymore. Financials of clubs will be improved if you have a regulatory body sanctioning them.

Smaller clubs don't have to worry about complying, as they are not even participating in Europe, Medium sized clubs will, but this system only serves to even the playing field and maybe giving a Greek team a chance of a EL final?

Again, you guys just can not jump to conclusions when the FFP has yet to be put in practice, assumptions are one thing and conclusions are another.

ps .. I see opportunity in the FFP, just that the clubs need time to get accustomed to it.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 10 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

The Mayor of Naples has presented plans for the new stadium, which will resemble “a shell at the feet of Mount Vesuvius.”

President Aurelio De Laurentiis has repeatedly stated he wants to construct a new arena for the club to replace the San Paolo or at least restructure it.

“For three more years Napoli will play at the San Paolo. Once the new stadium in the Ponticelli area is completed, work will begin on restructuring the San Paolo,” Mayor Luigi De Magistris told Radio Crc.

“The shell at the feet of Mount Vesuvius is a proposal put forward by the council for the construction of a new stadium, an activity I have said I will do from the start of my work as Mayor.

“Finally someone put forward a serious project and it involves the construction of a new arena in the Ponticelli area and a restyling of the San Paolo.

“We want it to be not only a stadium, but a stadium-arena where other than football games it represents a meeting place for youngsters, a cinema, shops and gyms.

“De Laurentiis will participate in the construction of a new stadium, as any project will be made in conjunction with Napoli. In 2014 the contract between the council and Napoli football club expires, so we have to work both on renewing that and ensuring participation in the new stadium.

“In any case, over the next three years the San Paolo will also be improved and renewed, as we are working with De Laurentiis on this. We’ll improve the toilets, pitch-side advertising boards, the pitch and other significant alterations.”

How come there is no transparency when it comes to Milan?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 10 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #44

Berretti

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 10 2012, 02:21 PM) *
How come there is no transparency when it comes to Milan?!

That's exactly what I asked for in the other thread, yesterday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Where does all the money go?!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 10 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

No I meant transparency on the stadium plans.

The money goes into the wage bill we already know this. 230 million revenue and 192.8 on wages. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:30 PM