> Milan Financials, ...originally posted on Rossoneri Blog

acid911
post May 4 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 4 2012, 06:07 PM) *
Problem is there's a difference between saving £30m and getting £30m. Most of that money will not be re-invested, in my opinion.

Still better than giving it away, now, is it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Maldini earned 1m toward the end, and his performance was miles ahead of the above mentioned players, in that he played non-stop week in, week out. Or should I say, started every week. If they are to be retained it should probably be at that amount. 1m at most. At this time.

Or we can do almost as good by signing up good prospects or bringing them through our youth system and handing them 1 million roundabouts per season. If that 30 million is to be saved, then so be it. If invested? Nothing better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 4 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #17

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

There have been talks about San Siro being renovated this summer, including Sky boxes, bringing the pitch closer to the stands, removing the barriers between sectors, and a better sanitary system. It should be enough to make it a FIFA top-rated stadium, like Camp Nou and Bernabeu.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 4 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #18

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

That doesn't solve the main issue though, it'd still be owned by the city municipality and we'll still have to pay rent.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 4 2012, 12:26 PM) *
Han, do you really think we can compete at the highest level again if we only sort out our wages?

Sure we need to do that but we also need to do something about the stadium. it's astonishing that we earn less than 40 million compared to Arsenal, Barca, Man U or Real's 100+. I guess normally that number should be between 60-80 for us. 20-40 million more per year would make a good difference for us.

Come on, the capacity and the design of the stadium is not even the issue.

Also:

We pay one of the highest payrolls in Europe, even when compared to clubs like Real, Barca and City, who have players like C. Ron, Messi, Aguero, Silva, etc, etc, etc. Certainly the highest one in Italy by a bit of a margin, and this when taking into account Inter don't have a meager payroll of their own. When you consider out roster, we only have 2 to 4 real super star players on the team, and even that number can be brought into question. Yet we're paying some ridiculous wages. If you think shaving off 30-40 million off that won't make a huge difference, think again. We're talking about this number per annum. So it's not a one time thing cut.

Yes, the stadium is still a huge issue. But I personally wouldn't like to see us moving out of the San Siro. If an agreement cannot be made with Inter and the City council in the future, than yes it will be something that has to be seriously considered.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 4 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #20

Primavera

Dude, I completely agree with what you say about the wages. hopefully this will FINALLY be the year we offload those veterans who are of no use anymore (I tried to be as polite as possible!).

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 4 2012, 05:13 PM) *
Dude, I completely agree with what you say about the wages. hopefully this will FINALLY be the year we offload those veterans who are of no use anymore (I tried to be as polite as possible!).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I sometimes feel bad when I look at someone like Rino for examle. A player who has always stood as one of my personal favourites, and now when I watch him all I can think about is how he's just dead weight in this team in the capacity of a player. I think he still has a lot to conribute to this club, because he's as passionate as they come and is still hugely important within the group. But as a player, he's only a hindrance at this point

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 5 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #22

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2012, 02:26 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I sometimes feel bad when I look at someone like Rino for examle. A player who has always stood as one of my personal favourites, and now when I watch him all I can think about is how he's just dead weight in this team in the capacity of a player. I think he still has a lot to conribute to this club, because he's as passionate as they come and is still hugely important within the group. But as a player, he's only a hindrance at this point

+1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 5 2012, 07:01 AM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2012, 08:26 PM) *

It's sad, yes. I wouldn't say he's a hindrance, but I agree with you. My only demand is - if we're letting go world class veterans like Zambrotta or Seedorf then please bring in decent replacements with the capacity to become WC. If we're again gonna sign more Mesbah's and Taiwo's then releasing would be a mistake.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 5 2012, 07:32 AM
Post #24

Primavera

Kolarov doesn't seem to play much for Citeh. instead of signing someone we don't need (Tevez/Balo) for arguably the same price (if not more), we should focus on him while he's out of favor with Mancio.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2012, 08:12 AM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 5 2012, 06:32 AM) *
Kolarov doesn't seem to play much for Citeh. instead of signing someone we don't need (Tevez/Balo) for arguably the same price (if not more), we should focus on him while he's out of favor with Mancio.

Yeah he'd be an ok signing for the LB position, nothin spactacular but he should do the job better than all of the others combined. Plus he has Serie A experiance.

The only problem is that City would most likely want to keep him since they basically want 2 at least good to great players for every position

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 5 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #26

Primavera

Oh, I don't want spectacular players as they remain dreams for us with the financial state of the club being as it is. I'm very OK with Kolarov.

Can Citeh afford two great players for every position though? I read they're HUGELY in debt.. they'll have to slow down a bit on the spending.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 5 2012, 07:22 AM) *
Oh, I don't want spectacular players as they remain dreams for us with the financial state of the club being as it is. I'm very OK with Kolarov.

Can Citeh afford two great players for every position though? I read they're HUGELY in debt.. they'll have to slow down a bit on the spending.

The dept can always be covered though.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 6 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #28

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 5 2012, 11:59 AM) *
The dept can always be covered though.

How?

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2012, 06:31 AM) *
How?

You really believe that Man City will "play fair" when the FFP rules come into play? They've got endless money backing them up. Those depts will be handled one way or the other.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 6 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

FFP won't work.

English clubs, City inparticular, will keep spending and say "Yeah, what're you gonna do about it?" and nothing will be done. The English clubs that overspend are also the big draws for FIFA/UEFA, so they're hardly going to ban them from Europe are they?

These rules are a joke anyways, just proof that they're doing everything they can to give top clubs an extra advantage.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: May 6 2012, 10:55 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:57 AM