> [CL] Champions League 07/08

Fillipo Simone
post May 21 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #1786

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

It was an amusing final to say at least. But at the end, I'm so sorry for Chelsea. This should have been won by them. The referees in this match just egregiously!! Poor Joe Cole, he was mentally attacked by the linesmans filthily judgments. And the tackle on Malouda could have been easily seen as a penalty. All in all, Chelsea deserved to win.

I'm positive that Grant will stay. As for the comparison to Mou - Jose is clearly the bigger name and star, and he really is a better coach in all. But, Grant did lead the team to the final, which Mou did not achieved. That is a fact.

And after this final Avram deserves praise. He showed he's a good coach too. He won the tacticall battle against Ferguson. Only the Cole-Anelka sub was a mistake. It should have been Andrij instead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jefri91
post May 21 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #1787

"Durgle The Turtle"

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,402

Worst year for football, Man utd win the double, Inter win the league and we don't make it into next years champions league

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 21 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #1788

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (jefri91 @ May 21 2008, 10:48 PM)
Worst year for football, Man utd win the double, Inter win the league and we don't make it into next years champions league

Isn't life just wonderful. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 21 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #1789

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 21 2008, 11:43 PM)
My uncle's a United fan and admitted the ref was terrible, gave everything Uniteds way. Worst players for me were Tevez and Essien. Ronaldo went passed Michael way too easily all the time, and I can't even remember seeing Tevez, other than his un-sporting way of giving the ball back to United.

Terry spit on him? Never saw that myself, I'm sure the player he spit on would have reacted quite a bit if that were the case!

Tevez didn't play well but he was one of the best for united (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
He was the only one running up front and his off the ball cause a lot of trouble for Chelsea.

I'm quite sure Terry spit on him, right before Tevez got the yellow (after Drogba sending off). Terry made it look like he was going to blow his nose and spit on Tevez, not sure if he got him though. Or maybe I was hallucinating (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 21 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #1790

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 21 2008, 10:54 PM)
I'm quite sure Terry spit on him, right before Tevez got the yellow (after Drogba sending off). Terry made it look like he was going to blow his nose and spit on Tevez, not sure if he got him though. Or maybe I was hallucinating  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

You could be right, I was too busy smacking my head off the wall to notice! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 21 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #1791

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 21 2008, 11:47 PM)
And after this final Avram deserves praise. He showed he's a good coach too. He won the tacticall battle against Ferguson. Only the Cole-Anelka sub was a mistake. It should have been Andrij instead.

I don't agree with you, he didn't win any battle at all, actually he did nothing at all, and he tried to do something he screwed up. He deserves nothing at all!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 22 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #1792

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 21 2008, 11:58 PM)
I don't agree with you, he didn't win any battle at all, actually he did nothing at all, and he tried to do something he screwed up. He deserves nothing at all!

O yeah? Well, he pulled down Joe Cole and helped shut down Ronaldo. The minute he made that Anelka-Cole sub, the left side opened again and Evra made that deadly attack. Other then that, he did manage to motivate the team in half time. Chelsea played clearly better and this due to his tacticall changes, in which he sacrificed Drogba in order to get more space for Malouda and Cole, plus eventually either Lampard or Essiene. IMO he did everything right and in a good timing. Only mistake is that the first sub should have come 10-15 minutes earlier.

He behaved rational and calm. Ferguson on the other hand should be punished with sever mesures. Did you see him speaking to the ref in half time? He put him under pressure, he yelled at him...I don't know. This was the worst referee team in years for a final. I started as a neutral watcher. The ref's turned me into a Chelsea supporter.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 22 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #1793

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2008, 12:44 AM)
O yeah? Well, he pulled down Joe Cole and helped shut down Ronaldo. The minute he made that Anelka-Cole sub, the left side opened again and Evra made that deadly attack. Other then that, he did manage to motivate the team in half time. Chelsea played clearly better and this due to his tacticall changes, in which he sacrificed Drogba in order to get more space for Malouda and Cole, plus eventually either Lampard or Essiene. IMO he did everything right and in a good timing. Only mistake is that the first sub should have come 10-15 minutes earlier.

He behaved rational and calm. Ferguson on the other hand should be punished with sever mesures. Did you see him speaking to the ref in half time? He put him under pressure, he yelled at him...I don't know. This was the worst referee team in years for a final. I started as a neutral watcher. The ref's turned me into a Chelsea supporter.

huum, since I didn't see the first half it's going to be difficult to argue, but I don't think he changed his formation Cole was as usual working in both midfield and attack, and I don't see why you're saying he sacrificed Drogba? it's not like he made him play as a midfielder or a winger! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

As for the behaviour it's just his usual, he's always like that whether he wins or loses. But I do agree about Ferguson, he was a bit nervous, don't know why though! And the ref. was (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

+Quote Post

Habitant
post May 22 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #1794

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (Porty @ May 21 2008, 09:41 PM)
You could see in Anelka's eyes he was going to miss. F mtfk.

he dint even look like he cared, it was easy to read his penalty and poorly placed.

This post has been edited by Habitant: May 22 2008, 04:10 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 22 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #1795

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Porty @ May 22 2008, 12:58 AM)

Once again he cracked under pressure. he really took it poorly and he should be thankful to JT. it could have been a nightmare for him.

Anyway, I wanted to see him cry, I saw him cry. that's what matters (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

What happened to John Terry was really cruel. Chelsea were clearly the better side after the from the second half until the penalties... but I wanna look at the bright side; at least two legends [among a bunch of arrogant pr1cks] like Giggs (on the day he broke SBC's appearances record) and Scholes won it, ehem... for the last time. Chelsea player are young and they'll be even hungrier next season. they'll have their revenge on Man U...

+Quote Post

IoRDanCHo
post May 22 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #1796

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 2,500

Man Uniter should pay their tickets for watching tha game from so close!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 22 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #1797

Primavera
Group Icon

Once again he cracked under pressure. he really took it poorly and he should be thankful to JT. it could have been a nightmare for him.

You know, I really dislike CR and I'd be glad to say he cracked but...he scored the leading goal. He was excellent. Only Grant's move in half-time stopped him. And the penalty...well, he didn't crack. He was way over confident. Arrogant.

+Quote Post

agenth
post May 22 2008, 11:03 AM
Post #1798

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

OCVER CONFIDENT??

when i saw his face expression, insecurity, fear; I knew he would screw it up

+Quote Post

dst
post May 22 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #1799

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Damn it Terry put the bloody thing in!

It was a good game... that Chelsea deserved to win.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 22 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #1800

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2008, 01:11 PM)
You know, I really dislike CR and I'd be glad to say he cracked but...he scored the leading goal. He was excellent. Only Grant's move in half-time stopped him. And the penalty...well, he didn't crack. He was way over confident. Arrogant.

No, I mean he cracked under pressure WHEN he stepped to take the penalty. actually he surprised me in the 1st half. he did everything he wanted. but in the 2nd half and two extra times he did almost nothing and took his penalty very badly.

+Quote Post

122 Pages V  « < 118 119 120 121 122 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:00 AM