Jack Sparrow
post Nov 14 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #1

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Kaka Ready To Renew Milan Contract

Milan superstar Kaka has put any doubts over his future to bed by declaring that he is ready to sign a new deal with the club.

The 25-year-old has continuously been linked with a move to Real Madrid for almost two years now and he raised eyebrows earlier today when he said that players would start to leave Italy if all the football violence among supporters didn’t stop. 

“For the moment Real Madrid is closed for me,” Kaka told La Gazzetta dello Sport. 

“If Milan want to keep me, then I am ready to renew my current deal. This way nobody can have any more doubts over my future.” 

Kaka also spoke about the imminent return of Ronaldo, as well as young sensation Alexandre Pato, who is eligible to play from January onwards. 

“Ronaldo will be a help for us, while Pato is raw and will certainly entertain. He could become our Lionel Messi, however I don’t want to put too much responsibility on him.”  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Finally Kaka spoke about Milan legend Marco Van Basten. The Dutchman has recently been likened to current Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic for their similarity in style, but Kaka is perplexed by the comparison. 

“Ibra is a champion, however I cannot understand why he has been compared to Van Basten,” said Kaka. 

“They are two completely different attackers. Van Basten would never have unloaded the bomb that Ibra did in his last Champions League [against CSKA Moscow].” 

I didn't see this match. What does he mean when he says 'unloaded that bomb'?

I Have The Quality To Play With Milan - Oliveira

Milan-owned striker Ricardo Oliveira, currently on loan at Real Zaragoza where he has made a good start to the season, claims he still has what it takes to play with the Rossoneri.

The Brazilian striker's strong start in La Liga with Real Zaragoza, where he scored 5 goals in 12 appearences, is giving him renewed confidence after his nightmare season with the Rossoneri.

"Everything can happen, I still have three years on my contract with Milan," he said, "I'm convinced I have the technical qualities to play there.

"I want to do my job well here, take advantage of all chances I get to play and feel important again after the difficult year I went through."

Oliveira revealed that a big reason for his struggles at Milan was the kidnapping of his sister which occurred in October 2006: "The kidnapping, which came at a moment where I was doing well, really conditioned my performances.

"I did not have a clear head and this prevented me from giving my best. Without that problem, I'm not sure I wouldn't have played, despite the competition from champions like [Filippo] Inzaghi, [Alberto] Gilardino, and Ronaldo," he continued.

"I've won a lot in Brazil as well as in Europe, with the Selecao and Milan, even though I can't say I won the Champions League as a protagonist. But overall I can't complain."
  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Maldini: World Club Cup Is My World Cup

Milan captain Paolo Maldini is desperate to win next month’s FIFA World Club Cup and describes it as his version of the World Cup.

The World Club Cup, formerly known as the FIFA Club World Championship, is contested between the champion clubs from all of the continental confederations. 

Milan qualified courtesy of their 2-1 European Champions League final victory over Liverpool last May, and go into the tournament as the hot favourites. 

Maldini has won virtually every domestic, European and international club trophy on offer during a glittering 23-year career, however he sadly never won anything with the Italian national team and had already retired from the Azzurri when they won the World Cup last summer.

“I have no regrets about the World Cup in Germany as I had already been out of the reckoning for four years,” said the legend. “However the pain of defeat in 1990 and 1994 still burns inside of me. 

“Now I think only about Milan and the World Club Cup. It is a unique competition and I want to win it at all costs having lost the last three editions of it that I played in. 

“It is an opportunity that must not escape – it is the greatest club event out there.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 14 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I think 'the bomb' is referring to his 2nd goal. He hit it like a rocket, wasn't a volley or anything, just one hell of a strike.

Nice to hear that from Oli. Alot of players will just say they haven't been given the chance and want to leave. Seems like he actually wants to stay and fight.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 14 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #3

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

We should bring Oli back in January! he's better than nothing when Ronaldo is unavailable.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 14 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Er. Unless Oliveira's performances were to vastly improve over last year, I wouldn't bring him back. In the two games I went to, he played and he was pretty dire in both (note: I think Favalli scored more goals than Oli). Oli just doesn't suit the Italian game, but he DOES do well in Spain. I think it'd be better for hi if he were to stay in Spain. Plus, after January it'll be Duck Season in Milan. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

FYI the full Maldini interview is somewhere on fifa.com if anyone wants to dig it up.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 14 2007, 09:16 AM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Oli should stay in Spain. He had his chance at Milan and didn't prove to do much. Serie A is the toughest league around, and Oli just crashed out of it.

As for the Maldini interview, here is the full interview: Maldini to Fifa

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Nov 14 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,681

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0RPvLidUI6g
- amazing
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ucnim14hU_s
- amazing
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IwISlMdVQA0
- really nice elavation and placement

those are beautiful strikes. those are strikes of milan quality, goal's ive never seen gila score before. I wouldn't be opposed to a recall. Ronnie's not a sure bet health wise, and Pato's not a sure bet contribution-wise.

Plus, i'd like to make another point. Adriano had/has Golden Ball talent - his dad passes away and he's a bench warmer. Oli is a 23 goal scorer in one of the premier football leagues in the world, la liga..his sisters' whereabouts and livelihood were unknown to him for a whole season? could we possibly, as fans, realize this could have had major effects?

I remember saying in this forum that this is what was going to happen..we would let him go and he would flourish. If he proves himself and scores over 14 goals..i say why not! plus, ronnie isn't a safe bet this season, so that makes him what for next?..

food for thought.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 14 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Nov 14 2007, 11:49 AM)
Plus, i'd like to make another point. Adriano had/has Golden Ball talent - his dad passes away and he's a bench warmer. Oli is a 23 goal scorer in one of the premier football leagues in the world, la liga..his sisters' whereabouts and livelihood were unknown to him for a whole season? could we possibly, as fans, realize this could have had major effects?

I remember saying in this forum that this is what was going to happen..we would let him go and he would flourish. If he proves himself and scores over 14 goals..i say why not! plus, ronnie isn't a safe bet this season, so that makes him what for next?..

food for thought.

For years now, players from Spain have not flourished in Serie A. Take Jose Mari as a recent example. These players need space to move around and to create something, in Serie A there is minimal space. And I'm sure Oli would love to prove me and most Milanfans wrong, but I doubt the Milan management would bring him back, especially now that we have a 4th striker in Pato.

As for the reasons that he didn't succeed in Serie A, well, Kakha went through an even worse situation. But that isn't saying much, as one can't dictate how these players should react, it is inhuman, I know ... So, I'd rather not say anything more on this.

But I will say, Oli had his chance at Milan. And he never really did anything on the ball. His movement off the ball was great, but when he got the ball he just didn't seem to do much with it, ergo the tight defenses that he faced.

Bottom line, he's a waste of time really.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 14 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Nothing against Oli, he's a good kid. He could have said a lot of things about Milan in that interview, but he didn't. Even more, he's shown a desire to come back and fight for a place, even though that looks less likely.

I have nothing against Oli being given one more chance, next season. It's not fair, that Gila gets those second and third chances but Oli doesn't. That would also mean, you have 5 strikers available.(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) We'd be like Inter.

I do think however that Oli is not without his faults. Like R7 said, he can do well in La Liga, where essentially there is some space in transition between the defence and the mid-field, which pacy strikers like Oli can take advantage of. But in Italy, where the mid habitually drops deep, Oli is gonna find himself easily being double and triple teamed. In such cases, he has to learn to use his strength to shrug off the challenges. Something he's been having a lot of trouble doing.

As such I think his running into space, and finishing skills are very commendable. But Serie A requires a few other parameters. The same reason why I think Robinho wouldn't work for us.

While I'm all for second chances, I don't think Milan will bring him back. I believe there is a feeling that de Assis screwed them up over R10, and now Oli is no longer in favour. Oli would have to turn in a Parma-Gila like performance for us to bring him back.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 16 2007, 04:41 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Fans of over a dozen clubs in Italy will not be permitted to attend their team’s next away games as a result of the fallout from last weekend’s tragic events.

Though it is not yet confirmed whether the season will restart on the weekend of November 24, fans of 15 teams will surely have to settle to watch the next away match of their team from the television.

Serie A sides Atalanta, Catania, Milan, Roma, Sampdoria and Torino have all been barred from traveling next round, while the same counts for supporters of Serie B outfits Bari and Cesena and are Serie C sides Potenza, Reggiana, Taranto, Ternana and Verona.

In April, the Italian government introduced a law designed to stamp out football hooliganism following the death of a policeman in rioting at a match in Sicily in February.

Ahh...Inter go off scot free again. I thought they were the blokes, who were outside the Siro making a fuss. They really do have it in for us, this season. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

AC Milan midfielder Yoann Gourcuff is looking increasingly likely to be back in France next year on a season-long loan.

Despite his obvious promise, the 21-year-old has had to become all too familiar with the feel of the bench at the San Siro, and as such he is said to be no longer as adverse to spending next season out on loan.

Touted as the heir apparent Zinedine Zidane in the French national team, Gourcuff has started just one game this season, and his opportunities are bound to get even more limited come January when Brazilian phenom Pato becomes eligible to suit up for the Rossoneri first team.

French football publication L’Equipe has been leading the speculation of a temporary return of Gourcuff to his homeland, and have identified Lens and Monaco as the most likely destinations.

So we've given up on him then?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Milan star Andrea Pirlo talked about a range of topics, including the Scudetto race and last summer's rumours surrounding team mate Kaká's possible departure.

Milan's star midfielder Andrea Pirlo spoke exclusively to Sky on a program dedicated to the Rossoneri today.

Asked whether there was a player that inspired him to take free kicks the way he is doing lately, he admitted: had seen it done by the Brazilian player of Lyon (Juninho Pernambucano). I looked at the way he kicked them, then I started trying to imitate him and gradually I saw it worked and from then on I started to take them like that." (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

On Milan's poor home form especially in the league, Pirlo said: "It's true, our home league games have been disappointing. Perhaps unconsciously we have a different attitude to our Champions League matches, which are more strongly felt and important.

"But we shouldn't neglect the league now, also because it's been a few years since we've last won it. So it would be nice to win it again.

"We know that when we don't win, we are criticised, but that's football," he continued. "We know our strengths, the team spirit is good and we are not bothered by the criticism. Also last year we were heavily criticised, but in the end we reached an important objective which nobody believed in, and it could be the same this year."

Pirlo's final comments were on team mate and Ballon D'Or favorite Kaká: "There were rumours about him leaving, so we weren't sure what to think. But we know he has affection for this team, this group of players, and we are happy to keep him here with us."

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Time to dig up Lyon on youtube. Since any Lyon goal usually means either Juninho or Malouda. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

In an effort to add some youthful energy to an undeniably aging squad, European Champions Milan have turned their attention to a number of interesting young Brazilians.

After many years of investments on already established players during their transfer campaigns, Milan seem intent on altering that policy and look at more youthful players in the future.

That doesn't mean they're doing it to spend less money; consider only that they spent 22 million euros last summer to snatch then 17-year-old Pato away from Internacional. That was the move that started the change in Milan's market strategies.

Right now the Rossoneri have set their sights on San Paolo defender Breno, who at 18 years of age is already considered to be one of the best stoppers in Brazil. This means he will not cost much less than Pato did.

Milan's recent double-header against Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League showcased two more interesting young Brazilians, Fernandinho and Ilsinho, both 22. Currently the market value of Fernandinho is estimated at 7-8 million euros.

Then there is also the hypothesis of forming an attacking couple composed of Pato and CSKA Moscow's Jo, which would be the same of the Brazilian Under 20 side.

The latter impressed the Milan management in the recent Champions League matches against Inter, in which he managed to score twice. The Russian side, who bought the player for around 5 million euros, now consider him to be worth at least twice as much.

Experienced coach and young players might work out. Young coach and experienced players might work out! (Why i keep harping on about MvB (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This isn't gonna stop Tennie from freaking out though!! More Brazillians to Milan...(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

And R7 too...what are we gonna do for all that experience. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Italy striker Luca Toni has praised Roberto Donadoni for the work he has done as Coach of La Nazionale

Donadoni position as Azzurri boss has been a contentious issue ever since he replaced Marcello Lippi following last year’s World Cup success.

Many in Italy argued that he was not experienced enough for the job, given his previous coaching roles at Lecco, Genoa and Livorno.

A draw with Lithuania and a defeat to France at the beginning of this Euro 2008 campaign immediately put Donadoni under pressure but he has recovered well with seven wins from his last eight competitive games.

"I think Donadoni has done a great job," admitted Toni. "It wasn't easy for him to replace Coach Marcello Lippi, who won the World Cup.

"We struggled at the beginning of our qualifying campaign but we bounced back."

The Azzurri need to avoid defeat in Saturday’s crunch qualifier in Scotland to, in theory, book their place at next summer’s European Championships.

Failure to qualify would almost definitely see Donadoni sacked, with Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti the favourite to replace him should this occur

I never got why Donadoni was so criticised. He had a bad start, but then that's forgivable right. It's almost as if they were looking for a scapegoat, some guy they could put up on the pillory, while they guy whom they wanted is freed for coaching duty.

But Ancelotti?? I would have thought Capello...

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Nov 16 2007, 04:51 AM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 16 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Tennie is indeed not happy about the thought of yet more Brazilians in Milan (though trading a retiring Sergio for an Ilsinho...not a bad idea, there). I like the Benzema story better. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Or the one about Zambrotta's wife wanting to know when she is moving to Milan (not kidding on this. There actually WAS such a story in one of the gossip rags.)

The Gourcuff story is a non-story, I think. Because yesterday he was quoted as saying he wants to stay and fight for his place.

And yeah, the current thinking in the Italian press is that if/when Donadoni is sacked (and a lot of people seem to think it's a matter of time), he'll be replaced by Carletto.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Nov 16 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #11

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

bit off-topic but here are the braces Roni and Pato scored in the training game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-HrGkH5hg

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #12

Primavera

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 16 2007, 04:02 PM)
bit off-topic but here are the braces Roni and Pato scored in the training game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-HrGkH5hg

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #13

Primavera

It's really exciting to see Ronaldo-Pato pair (or PaKaRo trident!) after the January break. I can't wait.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 17 2007, 05:02 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

AC Milan star Kaka has come in for criticism from legendary Rossoneri midfielder Zvonimir Boban. In his column for Gazzetta dello Sport, the Croatian great questioned whether the Real Madrid target had an hidden agenda after he recently stated that the increase in Calcio related violence could ultimately force him abroad

Boban wrote: "Many small clues have been offered and suggestions have pointed towards Spain. Is it only harmless flirting or is Kaka really betraying the love the Rossonero show for him?

"His hints about being available to extend his contract, saying that it all depends on the desire of Milan appears to me to be increasingly misplaced. Then I wonder, but hasn't his contract not already been retouched?

"Being the true symbol of a club is a recognition of the human and professional values of a player. And one of these is loyalty.

"Kaka, although time is running out, you have the chance to choose. If you do not want to stay in Milan, you should find a more elegant way of expressing yourself. Perhaps with a bit of clarity."

Boban was reacting to the following comments made by Kaka shortly after Milan’s match with Atalanta was abandoned due to Nerazzurri Ultras threatening to cause a riot if play continued.

“Could I leave Italy? Yes, if these violent episodes continue,” said Kaka. “I love football because it brings me happiness, but at the moment I can’t enjoy myself.

“If there are big problems in Italian football that prevent me doing my job properly, anything could happen.

“I am worried for my family’s safety as my wife and parents frequently come to watch me, so there is a chance I could move to another country.” 

A bit harsh maybe...but if Kaka does intend to leave, then maybe Boban is right...he should just come out with it.

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that, following this weekend’s football violence, he fears another big tragedy like the Heysel Stadium Disaster could take place.

The Heysel Stadium Disaster in 1985 was one of the most catastrophic events in European football history when 39 people, mostly Juventus fans, were killed prior to the European Cup final between the Bianconeri and Liverpool. 

“After what happened last weekend in Italy I have the feeling that the horrors of a disaster like that from Heysel could take place again,” Ancelotti told Bulgarian newspaper ‘168 Chas’. 

“Football is only a game and it should never be transformed into something that is a matter of life or death.” 

Meanwhile Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has also added his voice to the debate and reveals that he has spent €230m trying to make the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium safe.     

"It's time that football does something, but if the political institutions and justice don't do anything, then it's not enough,” said Galliani. 

“I don't agree with those who attack the clubs. We have no rapport with the Ultras, we have spent over 230 million Euros to make San Siro a safe stadium, I don't know what else we can do."

So that's where the transfer money went...(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Milan captain Paolo Maldini had words of praise for Juventus ahead of their upcoming clash, while he describes next week’s trip to Cagliari as a must-win game.

The Rossoneri have had their worst start to a Serie A season in many years and are currently sitting in 11th place in the table. 

Next weekend Milan travel to Sardinia to play struggling Cagliari, before the European champions then renew their famous duel with Juventus on December 2. 

“It’s great because there’s such a great rivalry between the two clubs and Serie A isn’t the same without Juve,” Maldini told the Milan channel. “I think it’ll be a great spectacle. 

“As for Cagliari we want to prove ourselves so badly and we are going there desperate to win as these matches are crucial.

“I think results will depend a lot on the start of the game as has happened for us a lot this season.” 

Maldini has only recently returned to first-team action following a long spell on the sidelines injured. 

The legendary defender is currently in his 23rd season at the club, having made his debut way back in January 1985.

I can't believe I won't be seeing him again after this year...(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Nov 17 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,128

YO wat up ya'll i jus gat a question..I know tis a totally unrelated topic.. But in Messi and Pato, who's better?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:46 AM