han2503
post Jul 10 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #406

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2013, 02:54 PM) *
I don't think Nocerino is leaving though. He's been mentioned in some questionable swap rumors as a bargaining chip, but no serious link with any club.

Technically speaking, we need both him and Prince to stay. But I wouldn't be surprised if neither are in the roster for next season...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 10 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #407

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

If we do sell Boateng for, say, €15 million, do you guys have in mind an affordable CM that we could sign?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 10 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #408

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Technically speaking, we need both him and Prince to stay. But I wouldn't be surprised if neither are in the roster for next season...

If Prince goes, we'll find a more suitable (real) midfielder - hopefully.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2013, 05:03 PM) *
If we do sell Boateng for, say, €15 million, do you guys have in mind an affordable CM that we could sign?

Strootman was one of them, but we missed out on him. Hernanes maybe? Thiago Alcântara as well.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 10 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #409

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2013, 03:22 PM) *
If Prince goes, we'll find a more suitable (real) midfielder - hopefully.

Strootman was one of them, but we missed out on him. Hernanes maybe? Thiago Alcântara as well.

Both would be expensive.

If we do get the 15m for Prince than maybe we'd be able to afford one of them. I think Hernanes would be more realistic and would accept a lower wage similar to what Prince is currently on

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 10 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #410

Hernanes and Alcantara are more like advanced midfielders. I can't see Allegri playing one of them, Monto and Honda in midfield, with only De Jong as DM. I was thinking someone more of a box-to-box mid. Oh wait, we already have Boateng! Oh, but we wanna sell him. Yay, let's just create problems for ourselves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 10 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #411

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2013, 05:29 PM) *
Hernanes and Alcantara are more like advanced midfielders. I can't see Allegri playing one of them, Monto and Honda in midfield, with only De Jong as DM. I was thinking someone more of a box-to-box mid. Oh wait, we already have Boateng! Oh, but we wanna sell him. Yay, let's just create problems for ourselves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

The problem is that in Allegri's twisted mind Boateng is some sort of defensive attacker (only in Allegri's world does that term exist) so they see Honda as his replacmenet rather than the additional CAM we needed

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 11 2013, 03:39 AM
Post #412

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2013, 07:29 PM) *

Honestly, I don't think we're creating them. It rather seems like Boateng alone is keen on a move.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 11 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #413

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 11 2013, 05:39 AM) *
Honestly, I don't think we're creating them. It rather seems like Boateng alone is keen on a move.

You think if a €15 million offer arrives we'll say no? Galliani will gift-wrap him himself. And I wouldn't have a problem with that if I knew those money will be reinvested in another player. But sadly that's not how things work at Milan.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 11 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #414

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

The really difficult thing to swallow for me is that we're now seeing the likes of Fiorentina, Lazio and Roma outspending us by huge margins.

We scrounge around to get Honda for free and hold back from making concrete offers for Ljalic or can't come up with 6m to pay for a player without turning into an all summer transfer saga and Fiorentina just paid nearly 20m for Gomez, Lazio just paid 10m or so for Anderson, Roma just bought Strootman, someone who would have been a great fit into our midfield.

It's just depressing at this point.

All while we waste our resources on paying the likes of Traore...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 11 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #415

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 11 2013, 05:54 PM) *
The really difficult thing to swallow for me is that we're now seeing the likes of Fiorentina, Lazio and Roma outspending us by huge margins.

We scrounge around to get Honda for free and hold back from making concrete offers for Ljalic or can't come up with 6m to pay for a player without turning into an all summer transfer saga and Fiorentina just paid nearly 20m for Gomez, Lazio just paid 10m or so for Anderson, Roma just bought Strootman, someone who would have been a great fit into our midfield.

It's just depressing at this point.

All while we waste our resources on paying the likes of Traore...

C'mon. This is exactly the point I'm making about cherrypicking arguments. Yes Fiorentina paid 20 million for Gomez. We paid 20 million for Mario frickin Balotelli last season. Our Mario is 6 years younger and just as good. We win! (if Fiorentina want to play Rock Player Scissors with us).

We are operating on only a slightly higher budget than everyone else. Perhaps the same as Napoli. The transfer season is still underway.

Meanwhile the only reason I would choose Ljajic over Robinho is the excess wage. There's really nothing in it otherwise. So let's see how this plays out. We still have another month and a half of transfers to happen.

I agree with you that we need someone in mid-field, but we have to get the right person at the right price. I'm sure it won't be easy.

If I go with Galliani's logic of one player in for every player out...we're still missing a replacement for Flamini right? Because we let out Salomon to get Poli. We let Ambrosini go and for the sake of the numbers let's say we've brought in Saponara. So who replaced Flamini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 11 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #416

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 11 2013, 02:56 PM) *
C'mon. This is exactly the point I'm making about cherrypicking arguments. Yes Fiorentina paid 20 million for Gomez. We paid 20 million for Mario frickin Balotelli last season. Our Mario is 6 years younger and just as good. We win! (if Fiorentina want to play Rock Player Scissors with us).

We are operating on only a slightly higher budget than everyone else. Perhaps the same as Napoli. The transfer season is still underway.

Meanwhile the only reason I would choose Ljajic over Robinho is the excess wage. There's really nothing in it otherwise. So let's see how this plays out. We still have another month and a half of transfers to happen.

I agree with you that we need someone in mid-field, but we have to get the right person at the right price. I'm sure it won't be easy.

If I go with Galliani's logic of one player in for every player out...we're still missing a replacement for Flamini right? Because we let out Salomon to get Poli. We let Ambrosini go and for the sake of the numbers let's say we've brought in Saponara. So who replaced Flamini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Actually we don't know what the budget is. It's easy to assume that it's slightly higher than the others' but that's just an assumption.

And to say the only difference between keeping Robinho and getting Ljalic is just the wages Robinho earns is stretching it a million miles long!

Robinho is basically finished. We paid nearly 20m for him and all we got was a decent season out of him, the rest was either unforgettable or downright depressing. You really think he'll improve next season? He's finished as a player for a top league. It's always the same thing with these Brazilians, especially ones who've always had baggage like Robinho. Getting Ljalic would not only mean that we bring in someone on a far smaller payment package, but someone who's younger, fitter, a better footballer and infinitely more motivated than Robinho.

And yes it's still early, but getting Robinho out of the way is crucial for us. And as early as it is, we're seeing most of our direct competitors in the league making improvements while we're stuck in limbo. Atm we've only brought in Poli and Saponara. One of which is a youngster untested in the league and the other is mostly a backup player.

Juve have basically already secured the Scudetto. Napoli are about to receive a huge cash injection from the Cavani sale, Lazio and Fiorentina are stronger than they were last season as well. Only us and Inter are mostly floating around doing nothing while at least Inter have a hope of selling a percentage of the club which means heavier investment if that goes through

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 11 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #417

Group Icon

Not disagreeing with you that Robinho is earning beyond what his performance would demand. I'm just as annoyed at this situation as you are, but for once I can't fault the club here. It's early in the transfer window, and we did the gentlemanly thing in trying to get one of our guys into a club he wanted, while still making a fair deal out of it. That's fallen through 10 days into the transfer window. Okay. I'm sure they are back to the drawing board and discussing how to take things forward now.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 11 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #418

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 11 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Not disagreeing with you that Robinho is earning beyond what his performance would demand. I'm just as annoyed at this situation as you are, but for once I can't fault the club here. It's early in the transfer window, and we did the gentlemanly thing in trying to get one of our guys into a club he wanted, while still making a fair deal out of it. That's fallen through 10 days into the transfer window. Okay. I'm sure they are back to the drawing board and discussing how to take things forward now.

I agree with you here. But doing the gentlemanly thing has left us stuck in a terrible situation, so it's time to act in a more concrete manner.

We tried to give him what he wants but things fell through because of HIS demands, now we have to take things into our own hands and forget about his "wishes"

Doing the gentlemanly thing hasn't gotten us anywhere ever before, the management want Milan to be a successful business which is not reliant on Silvio? Then they need to start doing things as they would in any other business. I'm sure that Berlu has no trouble laying off hundreds of workers from mediaset or Fininvest if the need arises.

We have so many players on this team who are in the same bracket as Robinho, which as you so eloquently stated are "earning beyond what their performances would demand". What company out there that is successful actually lets workers stay on earning a huge salary when they're not contributing anything to the company but are only overloading the workforce and weighing down the wage bill of the company? Just doesn't make any sense.

The drawing board was already great. We need to stick to our previous plans; Honda, Ljalic, CB and maybe another DM considering we've lost Ambro and Flamini. Get rid of Robinho, Urby, Traore, Antonini, Muntari and loan some of the kids out.

That was a great plan and we need to stick to it. Exended Robinho's contract and losing on an opportunity like Ljalic is just not the way to go, especially for us when we want to reduce the wage bill and bring in players who will make part of the new Milan

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 11 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #419

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 11 2013, 04:56 PM) *
Meanwhile the only reason I would choose Ljajic over Robinho is the excess wage. There's really nothing in it otherwise.

So, the fact that Ljajic is a much, much better player has got nothing to do with it, eh? Huh, what a peculiar thing to say.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 11 2013, 04:56 PM) *

Poli is Flamini's replacement, Saponara is Bojan's and Vergara is Yepes'.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 11 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #420

Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 11 2013, 10:25 PM) *
So, the fact that Ljajic is a much, much better player has got nothing to do with it, eh? Huh, what a peculiar thing to say.

Poli is Flamini's replacement, Saponara is Bojan's and Vergara is Yepes'.

Is Ljajic really that much better? I mean a Ljajic at his peak vs. a Robinho in flow? I don't know much. All I remember about Ljajic is getting his *** kicked by his coach. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ok so if Poli is for Flamini, Saponara for Bojan and Vergara for Yepes...then who replaced Ambro? Not to mention we also gave up Salomon to Sampdoria on a co-ownership for Poli.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:20 PM