Rossoneri7
post Dec 16 2021, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Rumors have been circulating about several transfer targets:

Priority: a CB to replace Kjaer.
Subsequent: a Diaz alternative, either bring back Adli or sign Faiver from Brest.

In any case, both positions are a must IMO, Milan lacks an outlet to create upfront and lacks solidity in defense. Though Kjaer is good enough for the next three years, his injury and Romagnoli?s renewal saga prompts Milan to look elsewhere in urgency. While upfront, more than a striker Milan needs a a pace maker someone who can create chances for the forwards.

Think this window will make or break Milan?s season and my favorite for this winter are both Adli and Rudiger.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 17 2021, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Not a fan of winter transfers but Kessie seems destined to be on his way out to either PSG or an EPL club (Tottenham have been rumored).

If Milan manages to sell Kessie and Castelejo then a nice sum would allow to fund for a good AM and CB, I would think.

Ps Conti should be released of his contract, not worth the wait here.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2021, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Can't see us managing to sell Kessie in January

Rudiger is most likely on his way to Real next summer as a free agent. We're being heavily linked to Botman from Lille

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2021, 03:57 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Botman would be a dream. He's very highly rated, and I like what I've seen from him on YouTube. Very physical but also fast, which cannot be said for Kjaer and Romagnoli who are rarther slow players.

But I don't see Lille selling him in January when they have the CL and especially I don't see us forking 25-30 million in January for a CB.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2021, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 18 2021, 03:57 PM) *
Botman would be a dream. He's very highly rated, and I like what I've seen from him on YouTube. Very physical but also fast, which cannot be said for Kjaer and Romagnoli who are rarther slow players.

But I don't see Lille selling him in January when they have the CL and especially I don't see us forking 25-30 million in January for a CB.

I think we'd be willing to pay that if we believe in him enough

Past deals have shown us that if the management value a player to be worth that money, they will pay it. It's what we did with Leao, with Tomori and with Tonali

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2021, 10:40 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 18 2021, 09:40 PM) *
I think we'd be willing to pay that if we believe in him enough

Past deals have shown us that if the management value a player to be worth that money, they will pay it. It's what we did with Leao, with Tomori and with Tonali

Tomori, Tonali and Leao were signed in the summer. It's different from a financial reporting perspective.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 20 2021, 11:04 PM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

After Kessie?s showing against Napoli, id definitely work on selling him. The man?s head isn?t 100% focused on Milan, its clear he has doubts.

I hope Maldini/Massara are working diligently to offload him. He was a reference point (and still is for this team, but) lost all the goodwill he had carried forward from last season.

His mistakes with Milan are very clear, at times I thought he was in favor of Napoli?s win. Also in the CL, his head is definitely not here.

Wherever he goes, he will undoubtedly be a top player. But considering the circumstances, its not working out.

I would love Sanches from Lille as a replacement.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 24 2021, 12:41 PM
Post #8

Smoking Bianco

Kamara is on the market this January (his contract expires in June and is not willing to renew).

Not sure if Kessie will depart this January, but Kamara can play as CB and so does seem like the best choice abailable considering Kjaer?s injury and Kessie unwilling to budge from his astronomical demands.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 24 2021, 01:56 PM
Post #9

Kamara would be great. I don't why we're not pursuing him any further. The press hasn't been linking us with him anymore.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 26 2021, 02:26 PM
Post #10

One player I think we should sign ASAP IMO is Davide Frattesi of Sassuolo. Has anyone been following him this season? The kid is destined to become a great. The sheer class and quality are too evident. If we don't sign him now he'll end up costing 40M like Barella when Cagliari sold him to Inter.

Anyway, as far as rumors for January go:

The main target remains Botman of Lille. The club wants a loan with right of purchase, but I see no reason why Lille would accept such a foolish deal especially since they've got the CL to play in February. They value him at 30M. (Fiorentina just signed Jonathan Ikone from them for a total of 22M).

Cairo said the chances of Bremer leaving are nil.

Conti and Castillejo are destined to leave. Conti might sign for Empoli. Genoa are interested in Castillejo, though he would prefer a return in Spain.

I've also read the names of Beto (Udinese) and Kolo Mauni (Nantes) for the CF position. Beto is a very interesting prospect. Kolo Mauni I have no info about, but his overall stats are terrible.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 6 2022, 07:33 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

What I don't get is why we are so hot for Botman or a serious CB now. Because even with Kjaer out we have still Romag, Tomori and the solid Kalulu plus Gabbia (utter garbage). I'd rather spend bigger elsewhere and sign a filler player for CB then splash money on Botman and sign improvised offensive options.

Also, when Kjaer returns, that would mean we would have 4 good or very good CB's fighting for just 2 starting spots. I mean it's a good situation but something teams like City or Chelsea can afford.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 6 2022, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Maybe Romagnoli won't renew, maybe Kjaer won't return at high levels anymore (his injury is very serious, plus he'll be 33 in a couple of months). Botman would be a top signing and having him and Tomori would secure our CB pairing for the next 10 years (unless we sell them for some crazy money).

Anyway, Maldini said today before the match that Botman is good but there are other good defenders out there. The newspapers also reported that Elliott has given the green light for his signing. So we'll just wait and see.

For the attack, if we don't have any injuries, and with only the league to play at this point, the players we have could be sufficient. I say 'could', because I still think we need a quality RW and a quality CF. But I guess that's going to be an argument for the summer.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 6 2022, 09:38 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

We need another creator. Diaz won't suffice. Today he had a good game, but he's not sufficient.

Also, Florenzi is a very good signing. He's impressed me at right fullback. He's probably more balanced then Calabria.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 11 2022, 05:24 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 18 2021, 10:40 PM) *
Tomori, Tonali and Leao were signed in the summer. It's different from a financial reporting perspective.

My point there was that the club is not so cheap when they believe in a player. If they think he's worth the asking price, they will pay it. January/Summer doesn't matter in this regard

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 6 2022, 09:38 PM) *
We need another creator. Diaz won't suffice. Today he had a good game, but he's not sufficient.

Also, Florenzi is a very good signing. He's impressed me at right fullback. He's probably more balanced then Calabria.

Florenzi has slowly worked his way into this team. I still prefer Calabria for the RB as starter. But Florenzi is an excellent option to have. Plus he's versatile so can help out in multiple positions

And I agree re your point about signing a filler CB and putting the budget towards a creative attacker

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 17 2022, 07:25 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

And we're doing the summer mercato all over again.

Taking ages to make a move, losing important time on unrealistic targets (financially), not being able to secure players with contract extensions either. Unbelievable.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:13 AM