han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 08:12 AM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Who: AC Milan vs. Juventus FC

(IMG:https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/419x183q90/905/mjbysh.png)

Where: Stadio San Siro

(IMG:http://www.acmilan.com/uploads/club/sansiro.jpg)

When:
20th September 2014 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

(IMG:https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/637x207q90/540/MiPxdY.png)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 15 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

If we win this, it will be explosive. I would love for us to win this against Allegri's Juventus!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 15 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Think we have a chance, given the enthusiasm and boost from our coach. Coupled with Juve's CL commitments.

But dare I say Juve are the reigning champs and have a squad three levels above us.

A draw would be fantastic for me, let alone a win. But I would like to keep my feet on the ground and start off with a prediction that we would loose. If otherwise, the only way is up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 15 2014, 12:07 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

No goals conceded, please.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 15 2014, 11:20 AM) *
Think we have a chance, given the enthusiasm and boost from our coach. Coupled with Juve's CL commitments.

But dare I say Juve are the reigning champs and have a squad three levels above us.

A draw would be fantastic for me, let alone a win. But I would like to keep my feet on the ground and start off with a prediction that we would loose. If otherwise, the only way is up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

There's always a chance, but Pippo has to do something about that defence.

Eliminating Bonera from the equation solves 50% of the problems, but it's still a major issue. We just made it too easy for Parma at times yesterday. All the goals came from massive defensive howlers.

We're obviously very potent in attack, which is great to see as we've been caught in a lethargic coma in that area for too long now. We're unpredictable, whereas before we were probably one of the easiest teams to defend against because of the useless possession we tried to keep.

However we must improve in our midfield domination. Muntari and Poli imo should not be there as atm neither is really giving anything to the cause, our midfield is just de Jong atm, basically doing everything all while Poli runs around needlessly and Muntari jogs around without any aim. Getting the midfield to be more in control of the game should help out our defence immensely

If Torres and SES are fit I'm just curious to see what Pippo does as Honda and Menez atm are unplayable

Thankfully Juve have the CL to worry about this week so Pippo has a bit of an advantage to prepare. Also, whether Pirlo or Vidal manage to make it back is a huge factor here

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 15 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

If we start with Abate, Alex, Zapata & MDS I will feel confident about our solidity at the back.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 12:46 PM) *
If we start with Abate, Alex, Zapata & MDS I will feel confident about our solidity at the back.

They're saying Alex is a big doubt for the game.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 15 2014, 02:57 PM
Post #8

How Pippo will play:

Abbiati
Abate - Rami - Zapata - MDS
Poli - De Jong - Muntari
Honda - Menez - SES

How we should play:

Abbiati
Abate - Rami - Zapata - MDS
Poli - De Jong - Honda
Menez - Torres - SES

Playing Poli, NdJ and Muntari against Juve will kill us. It's time to step up and bring the big guns. Torres as CF and Honda as CM. We need to play our game, instead of defending and letting Juve play their own.

Unfortunately, Pippo will 99,9% go for the first line-up. And here's another issue: will Pippo gradually learn from his mistakes and adapt accordingly, or will he do an Allegri and stick to his rigid and outdated ideas? Only time will tell.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 15 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2014, 12:23 PM) *
They're saying Alex is a big doubt for the game.

Allegri's fault along with Lopez, SES & Torres (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 15 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

If we can't beat the Juve reserves, there is no hope for us.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 15 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Marginalizing Muntari? Really?

This, despite all three coaches at Milan considered him a starter.

Its probably not your flavor, but I definitely see the role the man plays in the middle of the park. Not a flashy player, neither the most technically gifted on the team, yet he gives the stability required. A stop-gap and an anchor both in the attacking half and the defensive half.

Since the days of Ancelotti, Broochi/Gattuso were deemed by some MF members as irrelevant. Neglecting the fact that a coach has other considerations on the pitch, besides the entertainment factor.

But that is not fun to discuss isn't it?

Anyways my 2 cents, as I consider Muntari an 'integral' element of the team (and until the club brings in someone who can fill that role), Muntari is a starter. This regardless of our personal opinion about him or his football.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 03:42 PM) *
Allegri's fault along with Lopez, SES & Torres (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

2 of which are sprains, they could happen to you or me by getting off the pavement awkwardly. Lopez just stretched is awkwardly during a game.

Yeah, it's completely the same as having close to a dozen players out at the same time (which we did have at certain points under Allegri) all with some sort of muscular issues (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 15 2014, 04:54 PM) *
Marginalizing Muntari? Really?

This, despite all three coaches at Milan considered him a starter.

Its probably not your flavor, but I definitely see the role the man plays in the middle of the park. Not a flashy player, neither the most technically gifted on the team, yet he gives the stability required. A stop-gap and an anchor both in the attacking half and the defensive half.

Since the days of Ancelotti, Broochi/Gattuso were deemed by some MF members as irrelevant. Neglecting the fact that a coach has other considerations on the pitch, besides the entertainment factor.

But that is not fun to discuss isn't it?

Anyways my 2 cents, as I consider Muntari an 'integral' element of the team (and until the club brings in someone who can fill that role), Muntari is a starter. This regardless of our personal opinion about him or his football.

Once again, Muntari was NEVER a regular under Seedorf. Yes, Allegri liked him a lot, but this is also a coach who played Urby as a RW and AM, played all of Ambro, Rino and Flamini in the same midfield and used the basic "punt the ball to Ibra" tactic to win the Scudetto. I'd hardly take pointers from him

Pippo has only had 2 official games, one of which Muntari was his only option in midfield aside from Essien.

Stability required? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) His positional sense is appalling, he's lazy and a tactical nightmare! Do you really keep and eye on him on the pitch or are you just going with anything the team/club does is good motto. He was absolutely useless yesterday, not to mention nearly assisted Parma twice with his bad passing and his horrible tackling skills are just asking for trouble.

Pippo now has options in midfield, very good ones in fact. We'll see if he continues to use Muntari a few months from now.

And it's ridiculous that you would try to imply that our balance on the pitch relies on f@cking Muntari, we achieve that in spite the fact that he's on the pitch, De Jong is the one who brings the balance, Muntari is simply not that guy.

Really Brocchi? An even bigger bane of our existence than Muntari probably.

Carlo always played with at least one destroyer, usually Rino. He tended to go for both him and Ambro in more difficult CL games at times and convert to a xmas tree. It's only after we sold Sheva that Carlo took a far more pragmatic approach and started playing both Rino and Ambro together, which made it very difficult for us to break most Serie A sides down and it's no coincidence that that's when our position in the league started to slip gradually

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 15 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2014, 05:22 PM) *
Once again, Muntari was NEVER a regular under Seedorf. Yes, Allegri liked him a lot, but this is also a coach who played Urby as a RW and AM, played all of Ambro, Rino and Flamini in the same midfield and used the basic "punt the ball to Ibra" tactic to win the Scudetto. I'd hardly take pointers from him

Pippo has only had 2 official games, one of which Muntari was his only option in midfield aside from Essien.

Stability required? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) His positional sense is appalling, he's lazy and a tactical nightmare! Do you really keep and eye on him on the pitch or are you just going with anything the team/club does is good motto. He was absolutely useless yesterday, not to mention nearly assisted Parma twice with his bad passing and his horrible tackling skills are just asking for trouble.

Pippo now has options in midfield, very good ones in fact. We'll see if he continues to use Muntari a few months from now.

And it's ridiculous that you would try to imply that our balance on the pitch relies on f@cking Muntari, we achieve that in spite the fact that he's on the pitch, De Jong is the one who brings the balance, Muntari is simply not that guy.

Really Brocchi? An even bigger bane of our existence than Muntari probably.

Carlo always played with at least one destroyer, usually Rino. He tended to go for both him and Ambro in more difficult CL games at times and convert to a xmas tree. It's only after we sold Sheva that Carlo took a far more pragmatic approach and started playing both Rino and Ambro together, which made it very difficult for us to break most Serie A sides down and it's no coincidence that that's when our position in the league started to slip gradually

Thank you.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

“De Jong is a cornerstone of this team. He plays very simple, whilst he needs to play in the middle with technical players alongside him to bring out his best.

“Yesterday he scored a great goal, I am pleased that Milan can count on an experienced player like him.” - Demitrio Albertini

Enough said.

Muntari is hardly the technical player Albertini speaks of. Surely not! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:21 PM