> Serie A - Final Match - Cagliari - Milan, Date: 28/05/17 Time: 15:00 CET

Forza Milan!
post May 28 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #121

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 28 2017, 04:42 PM) *
Paletta red, a fitting end to his season. The number of red cards him and Kucka have racked up this season is embarrassing. Good riddance and I hope he won't be here next season to disgrace the shirt any further

Edit

@TheMilanBible OFFICIAL: Paletta has equalled Luigi Appoloni's record for most red cards in a single Serie A season, with 5 red cards.

Hopefully we will have a better squad next year, and performances like this (team as well as individual players) will become distant memory. Hopefully, 'cause I cannot take much more of this ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 28 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #122

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

what a bloody shambles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) just makes me facking depressed , on the upside the season is OVER , even facking arsenal won something this season and they were uttre dog shite....we just lost cag...

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 29 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #123

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I've decided if we don't work hard and get in real quality this summer, I will be taking a major back seat next season. I'm fed up watching absolute rubbish. This window is hugely important.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 29 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #124

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 28 2017, 03:42 PM) *
Paletta red, a fitting end to his season. The number of red cards him and Kucka have racked up this season is embarrassing. Good riddance and I hope he won't be here next season to disgrace the shirt any further

Harsh. First half of the season he and Romagnoli were excellent. His discipline the second half has been a shambles, but so has the whole team. Paletta wasn't our worst performer but I knew you'd be going for the jugular with him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 29 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #125

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ May 29 2017, 11:22 AM) *
Harsh. First half of the season he and Romagnoli were excellent. His discipline the second half has been a shambles, but so has the whole team. Paletta wasn't our worst performer but I knew you'd be going for the jugular with him.

I agree about his first half of the season, but even then he was still a card magnet. He is just an unreliable player, the only way I'd keep him is as 4th choice back up, and even then I personally don't like the fact that we have someone like him and Kucka on the team who are brainless idiots that cannot control themselves.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 29 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #126

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2017, 09:07 PM) *
I agree about his first half of the season, but even then he was still a card magnet. He is just an unreliable player, the only way I'd keep him is as 4th choice back up, and even then I personally don't like the fact that we have someone like him and Kucka on the team who are brainless idiots that cannot control themselves.

Who would you have as 3rd and 4th choices in the backline, Han? Supposing Musacchio and Romagnoli will be the starting pair.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 29 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #127

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 29 2017, 09:08 PM) *
Who would you have as 3rd and 4th choices in the backline, Han? Supposing Musacchio and Romagnoli will be the starting pair.

Well I'd personally keep Gomez, I think he's been impressive this season when he's started.

I'd personally get rid of Zapata and Paletta, both are liabilities in their own way (even though I do think that Paletta is a relatively good CB but he's just not someone that you can depend on) and go for someone new, we've been linked to Kjaer and De Vrij although I'd only assume that we'd go for the latter if Montella is planning to use a 3-man backline. I'm sure we're looking at other CBs as well if they're planning on selling Zapata and Paletta

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 29 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #128

Allievi Nazionali

I'd keep none of our defenders bar Romagnoli. Only one who does a job as squad is Zapata but I'd rather frankly buy a completely new squad with the few exceptions I've already illustrated.

The pairing of Romagnoli and Musacchio does worry me - defence is usually best when it's one experience head and one less. One slower, one quicker. One tougher, one more composed. One older, one younger. For this to basically be two circa 25-year olds is slightly concerning. No slight on either player, Romagnoli is great and I know nothing about Musacchio tbh so I can't judge. It's just a traditional type of pairing which fits one older guy with one younger tends to be better. Better communication rather than two alphas or betas or 'youths' together.

We saw how much defence suffered when Romagnoli was paired with Gomez.

This post has been edited by Danny: May 29 2017, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 30 2017, 08:02 AM
Post #129

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ May 29 2017, 11:56 PM) *
I'd keep none of our defenders bar Romagnoli. Only one who does a job as squad is Zapata but I'd rather frankly buy a completely new squad with the few exceptions I've already illustrated.

The pairing of Romagnoli and Musacchio does worry me - defence is usually best when it's one experience head and one less. One slower, one quicker. One tougher, one more composed. One older, one younger. For this to basically be two circa 25-year olds is slightly concerning. No slight on either player, Romagnoli is great and I know nothing about Musacchio tbh so I can't judge. It's just a traditional type of pairing which fits one older guy with one younger tends to be better. Better communication rather than two alphas or betas or 'youths' together.

We saw how much defence suffered when Romagnoli was paired with Gomez.

Zapata is decent as a squad option but he's not trustworthy either in his own way (although Paletta would take the cake for low trust rating between the 2)

Like I said, I'd only keep Gomez because he's impressed when given the chance, he's young, physical, relatively quick and can grow as the potential is definitely there imo

As for Musacchi and Romagnoli, we'll just have to wait and see how they'll mesh together. Musacchio is coming off a great season with Villareal (best defence in the league) and he has experience playing against the best in the world.

And I agree, most players from our defence need to leave, and I think that's what the management will do this summer

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 30 2017, 12:40 PM
Post #130

Allievi Nazionali

Musacchio confirmed. He's a Milan player. Will join up in July 1st.

Good luck to him. Hopefully the first of many fine signings.

Kessie imminent over the next few days (medical today) and Rodriguez too.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 30 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #131

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Danny @ May 30 2017, 01:40 PM) *
Musacchio confirmed. He's a Milan player. Will join up in July 1st.

Good luck to him. Hopefully the first of many fine signings.

Kessie imminent over the next few days (medical today) and Rodriguez too.

Apparently Kessie's medical showed some issues.

Also, we are linked with Zaza. Shoot me now ...

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 30 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #132

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 30 2017, 03:39 PM) *

We're linked with every striker under the sun (for the backup position, there seems to be a consensus on Morata though). We were linked with Borini a couple of days ago as well

Calciomercqato are the only ones reporting the issue with the medical so far. Hopefully it's nothing too serious

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 30 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #133

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Zaza? I would much rather keep Lapadula.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 30 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #134

Allievi Nazionali

Zaza is a joke.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 31 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #135

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Borini....maybe as a squad player but come on really , would rather have Lorente at this point.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:30 PM