4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coppa Italia - Quarter Finals - Juventus - Milan, Date: 25/01/2017 Time: 21:00 CET

han2503
post Jan 25 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Pasalic for Abate? Why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 25 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 26 2017, 12:07 AM) *
Pasalic for Abate? Why?

I though we will make a double sub, otherwise this doesnt make sense. Maybe Kucka will go at RB or Zapata, but I dont understand this swap.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 25 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Who knows.

Kucka almost now.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 25 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I honestly dont know why we waste so much energy on a no-worthy competition. Who cares if we advance further ? If we went win second team in this game, even if we lost team morale wouldnt drop even more 'cos we would be prepared to loose, but if we loose with our first team, their morale get's even worse.

Btw Zapata is joke, even I would react faster to that pass than him.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 25 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Antonelli (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sneakingsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 25 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Antonelli instead of letting that high ball get out to the side line, tries to pass with his head in a space that we had no player. Situations like this one, make me reconsider their intelligence.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 25 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Bonucci is awesome, he just stood there and said to our 7 "you shall not pass" - just as Juve did to us.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 25 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jan 25 2017, 10:30 PM) *
Antonelli instead of letting that high ball get out to the side line, tries to pass with his head in a space that we had no player. Situations like this one, make me reconsider their intelligence.

Well Antonelli isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed...

Anyway, FT and we're out

Let's hsift all our focus to the league, starting with Udine, we better not have anymore hiccups or we can kiss Europe goodbye for next season

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 25 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #39

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Locatelli has been pretty weak for some time, more mentally than anything - he's been struggling with the demands of playing for Milan, in such a crucial position, at the age of 19. He can't handle it and tonight that showed.

Oddly enough we really did play better without him, but again those subs are just becoming a joke.

Why take off Bacca when we needed a goal? Why play with NO STRIKER! And why put on Honda with 3 minutes to go?

Starting to lose a bit of faith in Montella now - getting fed up with his uncanny knack of ruining his good work almost every time.

PS Deufoleu had a decent cameo, hope to see more of our 'Everton Reject' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 25 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 25 2017, 10:38 PM) *
Well Antonelli isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed...

Anyway, FT and we're out

Let's hsift all our focus to the league, starting with Udine, we better not have anymore hiccups or we can kiss Europe goodbye for next season

Really? You didn't kiss it goodbye already? It's done buddy, we are NOT making Europe.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 25 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

This conceding 2 goal thing in the first half trend is simply getting too annoying to quantify now. Why do we seem intent on starting games completely switched off and then wake up when things are too bad to recover from

Montella should have gone with Paletta as well, I don't understand resting him to play Zapata who's been out for months. Antonelli was also absolutely horrific.

Locatelli with his dumb move ruined any chances for us in that second half

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 25 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #42

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jan 25 2017, 10:17 PM) *
Btw Zapata is joke, even I would react faster to that pass than him.

He also destroyed Asamoah for pace earlier in the match. He's flawed for sure but he's not at fault for tonight.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 25 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #43

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

No. Antonelli was horrible. Perhaps the worst player overall today.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 25 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 26 2017, 12:39 AM) *
Locatelli has been pretty weak for some time, more mentally than anything - he's been struggling with the demands of playing for Milan, in such a crucial position, at the age of 19. He can't handle it and tonight that showed.

Oddly enough we really did play better without him, but again those subs are just becoming a joke.

Why take off Bacca when we needed a goal? Why play with NO STRIKER! And why put on Honda with 3 minutes to go?

Starting to lose a bit of faith in Montella now - getting fed up with his uncanny knack of ruining his good work almost every time.

PS Deufoleu had a decent cameo, hope to see more of our 'Everton Reject' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

He thought we will score a goal and then we he would bring Lapadula in for Suso or Bonaventura.

In the other hand he "needed" a debut, so we couldnt switch Bacca with let's say Lapadula. Also we needed more creativity and speed. I relatively agree with Montella on that sub.

As for sending Kucka to RB and Pasalic playing as CMF, bad mistake, I would rather send Zapata to RB and bring a CB instead of Abate.

As for Honda, it was over already. He needed someone who could pass, has physical abilities and also attack if needed, he saw that in Honda.

As for Locatelli, the guy is very young, he has qualities and potential but giving him so much time vs strong teams will damage him more than will serve him good. Did anyone saw 1 on 1 passes with Donna he made in the first half, almost cost us a goal, cos he couldnt react fast and past to the full backs or at least just loose the damn ball.

I think that Bonaventura should get back and play in midfield with Bertolacci and Pasalic/Kucka, while the new player Deulofeu or however his name is play in the left win.

IMO we still are not out of Europe, we just need an injection. But saying "that was a good match, you did good" to players after a loss or a draw will not help at all. Montella should be more tough.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 25 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 25 2017, 10:40 PM) *
Really? You didn't kiss it goodbye already? It's done buddy, we are NOT making Europe.

Why should I?

We've had a rough couple of weeks no doubt about that but look at the teams we've faced. Aside from Crotone none of them are what you'd call a walk in the park.

Look we were bound to face struggles at certain points during the season, it's simply unrealistic to expect this team to keep the pace we set up for ourselves during the first half of the season (which was on pace with our last Scudetto winning season btw). We don't have the quality, the depth or the strength in said depth.

If we win the next 3 games in the league (which is doable if we don't mess up) Udine, Samp and the game in hand against Bologna, we're back in business.

There will always be ebbs and flows when you don't have a squad that's as filled with quality to the brim and as well drilled as Juve are (and even they are struggling a bit for consistency this season), we're experiencing a bit of a down turn atm, but I have absolute faith in Montella to turn it around. These last couple of games we've played (against the 2 best teams in the league and a truly dogged Torino side) have shown how resilient this team has become under Montella and how truly ready to fight they are. There were points in that second half when we almost turned it around there against Juve at home with 10 men. Before this season we would have lain down and got absolutely spanked in that type of scenario

I understand your concerns, don't think that I'm not worried about a scenario similar to the one you've painted happening, sure I'm worried that this team has already given all it has to offer and is just running on empty now, but I choose to have a little more faith for now. And if it turns out that I'm wrong, I won't be crushed, it's not like this is the first wasted season we've gone through. We've just been given hope thanks to Montella and the work he's done with this team. Give him a proper squad next season and I'm confident we'll do very well

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:04 PM