> 04/3/08 - CL - Ac Milan Vs. Arsenal

Bluesummers
post Mar 1 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

Lippi: Arsenal Fear Milan

The first leg at the Emirates ended in a 0-0 draw and Lippi believes that the Rossoneri have the upper hand because of their status as European and World Club Champions.

The tactician also believes that Milan are feared by Arsene Wenger's young side of up and coming stars.

“They (Milan) give their maximum in this competition and there is no doubt that Arsenal had some fear against this Milan side,” Lippi told Sky Sport Italia.

“Arsenal’s youngsters, as good as they are, must have asked themselves why does this team always win? Why do they become World and European Champions? There is this type of fear that you can see on the pitch.

“They(Milan) have this conviction, this type of motivation it’s like a predisposition they have in these types of games.

“Then perhaps in the league they may have struggled because they think about it less.”

The Rossoneri are currently fifth in Serie A and they will be hoping to qualify for the Champions League next season ahead of Fiorentina who are in fourth place.

Carlo Ancelotti’s men clash with the Gunners next week for a place in the Champions League quarter finals as they seek to defend their trophy.

GOAL.COM

Alright guys, lets show them why we are one of the most feared teams on the planet in this competition. I hope kaka comes back in time.

FORZA MILAN FORZA MILANFAN (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Mar 1 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Best substiton player :)

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,810

hey, you're overtaking (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) game by game... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) nahh, we gonna destroy them (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Mar 1 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

We need to play our best game of the season to win this game IMO, gotta step it up to another level.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 1 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #4

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

The San Siro crowd will definitely play a significant role in this match! I expect them to boo every time an Arsenal player takes the ball. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Seriously the first thing we need to do is to take their confidence away from them, otherwise we will have problems. an early goal plus constant booing should do the trick I think!

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Mar 1 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #5

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Seedorf out of Arsenal clash

Carlo Ancelotti admits Milan aren’t at their best right now and Clarence Seedorf is out of action against Arsenal.

“I am only worried by the fact we are going into a match with a very strong team in what is not our best form,” said the Coach after their 1-1 draw with Lazio.

It was a second consecutive Serie A stalemate after the midweek 1-1 at Catania and Massimo Oddo’s penalty was needed to fight back from a Rolando Bianchi opener.

The first half performance in particular was very poor and the tempo was kept sluggishly slow.

“I have to say, though, that I don’t see teams in Italy and Europe who are much sharper than we are at the moment.”

During this evening’s encounter Seedorf went off with a thigh problem in the first half and Ancelotti confirmed the Dutchman would not be available for Tuesday’s encounter with Arsenal.

Meanwhile, Lazio President Claudio Lotito – still the only member of the club who will speak to the media – complained that the penalty incident was unfair.

“I saw that at least four Milan corner kicks should have been retaken because the ball was outside the line and that includes the one that led to Oddo’s equaliser.

“We deserved to win, especially considering all the chances we had at the start of the second half. Milan only avoided defeat thanks to Zeljko Kalac’s great saves. He was decisive.”

Channel4

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 1 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

No Seedorf vs the Gunners? Oh dear.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Mar 2 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Big big loss. This is the kind of game Seedorf usually shows up in. Sigh.

Kalac
Oddo Nesta Kaladze Maldini/Janku
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka
Pato Inzaghi

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 2 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 2 2008, 01:35 AM)
Big big loss.  This is the kind of game Seedorf usually shows up in. Sigh.

Yeah like he did at Emirates. No thanks.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Mar 2 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I hope he's at least available for the bench.. what attacking players will we have on the bench... Gourcuff? No way Carlo trusts him in this game. Gilardino? Uh huh..

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 2 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 2 2008, 03:01 AM)
I hope he's at least available for the bench.. what attacking players will we have on the bench... Gourcuff? No way Carlo trusts him in this game.  Gilardino? Uh huh..

We'll probably play with 2 up front. And since Carletto is not the toughest man he will probably field Gila who unlike Pippo draws back to help the defence.

I don't know what was wrong with him in the game in London but he helped them more than he helped us. I would not want to see that again.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 2 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #11

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Hrm. Maybe he said something to Sky, but in the Italian-language articles (interviews, etc) on acmilan.com, there's no confirmation that Seedorf is out. There are a lot of 'maybes' and a couple of the players say that they're pretty sure he'll play. This may be a case of Channel 4 mistranslating.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Mar 2 2008, 04:11 AM
Post #12

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

ON TOP OF THE SLOPE
(IMG:http://media2.acmilan.com/200803/9685_news.jpg)

MILAN - Milan are in difficulty, the rossoneri arrive to the match against Arsenal on the back of a home draw and a lot of injuries. ADRIANO GALLIANI explained the difficult moment as follows:

"With Lazio we obtained a draw that was right, in a match where we suffered many injuries: first Seedorf, then Emerson and Jankulovski. We preferred to rest Maldini for Tuesday, but the ones who did play like Digao did well. Kalac and Gourcuff both did well, there were some positive notes. I asked Seedorf what he thinks of the injury and he told me he doesn't know anything yet. Now we are waiting for Nesta, Pirlo, and Kaká to recover, but there should be no problems. We are aware of this difficult period, but we don't want to hang our heads down."

"Milan-Arsenal will be a great match, we are certainly coming off a difficult period, but we will recover. I don't know how this match will go, but I hope that it will be us who celebrate at the end."

Also coach CARLO ANCELOTTI talked about the difficulties of the team in this moment:

"Again we had some injuries today. The exits of Emerson, Seedorf, and Jankulovski prevented us from making certain predetermined moves. In any case I don't think the physical aspect is the most important thing to win in Europe right now. For this reason I think we should go for it against Arsenal. In the first half tonight we did not play at a great rhythm, but a lot depended on the condition of some of our players. The second half was good, the draw isn't a great result but we must accept it. Kaká and the others? Kaká is doing very well, Pirlo and Nesta will certainly be back in time for Tuesday's game."

"On the penalty, I had asked Oddo during the week whether he would want to take it despite the presence of Ballotta, Massimo is an excellent penalty taker. Today the referee did very well, he let the play flow and he seemed confident in every situation."

"I saw Arsenal today, they struggled too, but in any case they have great qualities and they have recovered important players. We must not think about playing too physically, we will only have to play our football without worrying."

"Fourth place? I think we will manage to play good football later on. I am convinced the bad period is over with tonight's draw against Lazio. I feel a lot of preoccupation around us, but I'm convinced we are on top of the slope. Also on Tuesday we will have a packed stadium supporting us, so I'm optimistic."

@acmilan.com

This post has been edited by arivanjj: Mar 2 2008, 04:12 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 2 2008, 06:16 AM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^^

Here comes that bad feeling again... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 2 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #14

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 2 2008, 04:31 AM)
I hope he's at least available for the bench.. what attacking players will we have on the bench... Gourcuff? No way Carlo trusts him in this game.  Gilardino? Uh huh..

Why would he want to do something like that when he has Brocchinho available?

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Mar 2 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Hopefully Janku is okay, he had to leave at HT with injury. Hopefully it was just a precaution. His crossing was off but at least he gets up there. I guess Milan will start prob start with Maldini though.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 PM