> Serie A - Week 29 - Milan - Roma, Date: 24/03/12 Time: 18:00 CET

han2503
post Mar 20 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Back to the serious business. Must win this one. Juve playing Inter would have meant a lot a season ago, but now Inter are worse than most teams in Serie A.

Juve will most likely take 3 points here, so maintaining the 4 point gap is hugely important

If Nesta is fit, I want Thiago to be given a rest
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Mar 21 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #2

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Maybe we can rest him some other time, after all we're only 4pts atop and Roma is no walkover.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 21 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Mar 21 2012, 12:15 AM) *
Maybe we can rest him some other time, after all we're only 4pts atop and Roma is no walkover.

It's not like we're replacing him with some chump. It's Nesta we're talking about. Besides, Thiago has been far from his flawless self lately. He's clearly beyond worn out at this point. If we're going to get something out of the Barca game then Thiago has to be at his absolute best

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 21 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Abbiati
Bonera - Nesta - Mexes - Mesbah
Aquilani - Ambrosini - Muntari
Emanuelson
Ibrahimovic - Robinho

The fact that Allegri didn't play Ambro today makes me think that van Bommel cannot recover for Roma. Zambrotta, Thiago, Antonini and Nocerino must take a rest. Boateng should play a handful of minutes as warm-up for the Barça game. If all things go well, then this should be our line-up against the Spaniards:

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Mexes - T. Silva - Antonini
Aquilani - Ambrosini - Nocerino
Boateng
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

Now, if Abate was to recover as well, we'd be fit.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Mar 21 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #5

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 20 2012, 07:25 PM) *
It's not like we're replacing him with some chump. It's Nesta we're talking about. Besides, Thiago has been far from his flawless self lately. He's clearly beyond worn out at this point. If we're going to get something out of the Barca game then Thiago has to be at his absolute best

To be honest, I forgot the Barca game was following in such quick succession. I now fully understand your reasoning behind what you said, but at the same time (despite his slight dip in consistency lately) I just always want the guy at the back now as I just tend to feel that much safer regardless.

Sure Nesta is no push over, but he hasn't played in a while and he is quite slow as well in comparison.

Oh well, either way Nesta or Thiago surely shouldn't be our biggest area of concern at the moment.

Either one should be fine to get the job done honestly.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Mar 21 2012, 01:04 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 21 2012, 03:50 AM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Ah, big match week, probably the biggest of the season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) In terms of prestige that is. And no, we'll need our best, best XI for this Roma match. Silva should be playing at all costs. At least the first half, Nesta can be substitute if he is fit, or better yet saved for the Barcelona match.

In fact, it would have been good if we could somehow find a way to play all three against Barcelona, Nesta, Silva and Mexes back in the defense, along with Abate. It may just work on paper, or work wonders in keeping the backline nice and tight. But first let's get over the dirty Romans now. Not as dirty as Lazio, but dirty still.

+Quote Post

William405
post Mar 21 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Silva Can't play this one after that tiring Juve match,can't.We have the match of the season coming up!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 21 2012, 08:52 AM
Post #8

Berretti

If we lose this match, that'll be the season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Roma have the capability to win, let's no go there if we can.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 21 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 21 2012, 08:52 AM) *
If we lose this match, that'll be the season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Roma have the capability to win, let's no go there if we can.

I wouldn't go that far, a draw or a loss would be far from the end of the world, as that would still place us a point in front of Juve with them still yet to have played Napoli, Lazio, Roma (given they beat Inter that is)

Still I agree that we cannot afford to lose points in this one, that being said resting Thiago when you still have a central pairing of Nesta and Mexes is nothing to scoff at.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 21 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #10

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2012, 07:34 PM) *
I wouldn't go that far, a draw or a loss would be far from the end of the world, as that would still place us a point in front of Juve with them still yet to have played Napoli, Lazio, Roma (given they beat Inter that is)

Well not the 'season' season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But still it'll give those basturds at Juve extra motivation.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2012, 07:34 PM) *
Still I agree that we cannot afford to lose points in this one, that being said resting Thiago when you still have a central pairing of Nesta and Mexes is nothing to scoff at.

Yeah, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I just don't want to be making a slacking change, even though both Nesta and Mexes like you said are the absolute next best thing. Still, let's see who sets foot on the pitch.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 21 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 21 2012, 05:54 PM) *
Well not the 'season' season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But still it'll give those basturds at Juve extra motivation.

Yeah, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I just don't want to be making a slacking change, even though both Nesta and Mexes like you said are the absolute next best thing. Still, let's see who sets foot on the pitch.

Juve seem to lose their nerve the most when they're in tight situations, either leading by a very small margin or being on the brink of overtaking us. As we've seen in the pattern of lost points as the season wore on.

We've been playing with Bonera for nearly a month, I think it should be ok. Borini is a slippery little bugger, but Mexes should be able to keep up.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 21 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #12

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Juve seem to lose their nerve the most when they're in tight situations, either leading by a very small margin or being on the brink of overtaking us. As we've seen in the pattern of lost points as the season wore on.

Probably true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) But they've got a whole army of players, who never get injured much. Come the last 5 rounds, I'll be more confident of where we stand. As of right now, it's stick. Not stick in the sense that we are playing catchup, but still. Hopefully (borrowing a word from you, Han), our injured soldiers get back soon!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2012, 11:33 PM) *
We've been playing with Bonera for nearly a month, I think it should be ok. Borini is a slippery little bugger, but Mexes should be able to keep up.

Let's just hope so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) I want a sure win against Roma, somehow, whatever it takes!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 21 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 21 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Probably true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) But they've got a whole army of players, who never get injured much. Come the last 5 rounds, I'll be more confident of where we stand. As of right now, it's stick. Not stick in the sense that we are playing catchup, but still. Hopefully (borrowing a word from you, Han), our injured soldiers get back soon!

Let's just hope so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) I want a sure win against Roma, somehow, whatever it takes!

You really think they'll maintain their injury free record through next season as well? The season Juve have had is the exception, not the rule. They've got a bucket load of mediocre players and a handful of really good ones. Will Pirlo be as reliable as he was this season? Will Barzagli maintain arguably the form of his life? let's not forget this guy was a reject from the German league.

A lot of questions in terms of Juve next season. But still what they've accomplished this season does not deserve a title, not in a million years. This is why I'm slightly confident (although our current schedule due to Barca worries me a lot)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 21 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #14

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2012, 12:21 AM) *
You really think they'll maintain their injury free record through next season as well? The season Juve have had is the exception, not the rule. They've got a bucket load of mediocre players and a handful of really good ones. Will Pirlo be as reliable as he was this season? Will Barzagli maintain arguably the form of his life? let's not forget this guy was a reject from the German league.

We've got nothing to say they won't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Even this season I was expecting a lot of Juventus injuries, just like the last few seasons they had them. But who knows, maybe something changed there. New stadium, better training grounds or routines, more fitness, diet, or just plain luck.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2012, 12:21 AM) *
A lot of questions in terms of Juve next season. But still what they've accomplished this season does not deserve a title, not in a million years. This is why I'm slightly confident (although our current schedule due to Barca worries me a lot)

Same. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I'd hate for us to lose focus on the league because of the Barcelona clashes.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Mar 21 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

According to Gazzetta, Robinho most probably won't recover in time but MVB might. They have Maxi and Ambro starting as for now.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Mar 21 2012, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:24 PM