> Ancelloti On Henry, Suazo, Kaka And Competitiveness

Warchant
post Jun 26 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THIS PLAYER THAT WILL SHOCK THE WORLD???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 26 2007, 05:27 AM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 26 2007, 04:19 AM)
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THIS PLAYER THAT WILL SHOCK THE WORLD???

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

It isn't Henry, obviously. R10 and Eto'o have repeatedly been linked with us, so I don't see how they could be a 'shock'.

There's only two name - Ibrahimovic and Totti. There is not one other player that was cause a huge shock, only those two. But we're not getting any of them, I think it was just said to make the fans feel excited about something. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jun 26 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #18

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

The problem is Silvio and Galliani have used the same kind of rhetoric with the big signing last summer right. The big surprise that we were all waiting for which was Favalli and Oliveira. The previous surprise was Viera aka Golden flop award.

There really isn't a big signing to be had. It would appear that by now we would have signed them or there would have been speculation in that direction. Etoo is now a target of Arsenal and they are willing to pay the big money to sign him.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 26 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #19

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 26 2007, 05:27 AM)
I've been thinking the exact same thing.

It isn't Henry, obviously. R10 and Eto'o have repeatedly been linked with us, so I don't see how they could be a 'shock'.

There's only two name - Ibrahimovic and Totti. There is not one other player that was cause a huge shock, only those two. But we're not getting any of them, I think it was just said to make the fans feel excited about something.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Totti....half the city of Rome would walk to Milan and start a riot if that was about to happen...and Totti could never ever set a foot on Roman ground again....

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 26 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Carletto)
"We liked Henry, but he receives a much higher wage in Spain."

Oh yeah!?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

If Tevez prefers Inter to Real (see today's Gazzetta) then they can't be paying him peanuts...

Quit that ****! There was a time when Silvio payed from his own pocket too!!

QUOTE (Carletto)
"We already have a strong team. Remember that we won the Champions League without Ronaldo, and next season, he will be available."

No, we DON'T have a strong team!! We have a great starting XI, to me the greatest in the world as they can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere but a strong team? Please... we would have never won the Champions League if we hadn't quit fighting for the Scudetto.

We DON'T have a strong squad cause we won't be able to fight for every target next season, simple as that!

This post has been edited by dst: Jun 26 2007, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 26 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #21

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 26 2007, 08:54 AM)
Totti....half the city of Rome would walk to Milan and start a riot if that was about to happen...and Totti could never ever set a foot on Roman ground again....

Exactly my point. He and Zlatan are the only two players on the planet that would cause a huge shock by joining Milan. But it is NOT either of them, there is 0% chance of either joining.

We've been fooled again. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 26 2007, 11:04 AM

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 26 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #22

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 26 2007, 12:59 PM)
No, we DON'T have a strong team!! We have a great starting XI, to me the greatest in the world as they can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere but a strong team? Please... we would have never won the Champions League if we hadn't quit fighting for the Scudetto.

We DON'T have a strong squad cause we won't be able to fight for every target next season, simple as that!

Exactly

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 26 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 26 2007, 11:03 AM)

No, they fooled ourselves by jumping to the conclusions,...I`m pretty sure that the big suprise, the so called mystery man was either Henry or Etoo or Suazo,...someone who we allready lost.

Our squad has much more problems and week links then mentioned:

1) Injury prone players - a long list - Maldini, Nesta, Ambro, and most of all Pippo and Ronaldo. And this is what I fear most of, and I think it will eventually happen - R99 and Pippo getting injuried at the same time, so that we stay only at Gilardino whom I dont trust to score against any team above the quality of Udinese.

Also, we get pretty shaky if Nesta would be injuried.

2) Our midfield subs suck...all of them. Gourci is too green and can`t do anything special, Brocchi is really horrible. It makes me a headache. Who can step in?? We have noone left?! This is my main concerne... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

3) Our fullbacks dont give us the open and wide, offensive option any more. I like the long runs of our LBs and RBs, but it seems to me everything is turned up side down: Sergio and Cafu, offensive-wise players, are not that fast any more so their prime plus is now off; while Oddo and Janku have the strenght but not the skill needed. Janku can`t cross that good, and Oddo, well Oddo you can`t even watch when he crosses...

So someone who can run miles and miles up and down must come in...

4) Aerial defense: that department stayed unsolved since Stam went off...We simply need a strong defender!

And what bothers me most is that I really dont see any initiative from our board. It seems they have not learned anything from last year.
Instead of waste time that is limited by trying to lure impossible players (We simply cant play the game dirty like Real or Chelski do. And it seems that our old fashioned, donnish way really cant succeed) and dream of things that cant be done, we should be down to earth and bring up three, four or even five new talented and quality players avaible. We should show more interest in younger and not well known players.

Last season we signed Favalli, Oli, R99 and Oddo. With every of does players, exept Gourci who was really a suprise for me, we didnt really know what we got. With Oli we didnt get much, with Favalli we just got lucky. Ronaldo is class, Oddo, well, he adapted fast, thats his best thing.

And what now? Should we wait to see if we get lucky with Ibrahim Ba just like Favalli? What next season then? Should we then sign Giuseppe Cardone and Gianni Comandini as well and hope we`ll be lucky with them too?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:33 PM