> Serie A - Week 16 Onwards, Milan - SPAL

han2503
post Dec 17 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Some crucial players will be back for this one. But our problems have now shifted to the attack. Since we lost Biglia and Bonaventura we have struggled to score regularly. As I said from the beginning, the double pivot of Kessie and Bakayoko won't work long term as there's not enough creativity and we're struggling to bring in the attacking players into the game

After the harrowing midweek venture against Olympiacos it has become even more imperative that we perform in these upcoming games/ We don't have EL to distract us anymore and key players are starting to return from their injuries. So we need to make sure we collect max points from tomorrow to the end of the year
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

27 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

God awful game. Please give us a good coach. I respect Rino but Milan needs someone better at this moment.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

This is just so lame.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

And the worst thing is this choker mentality. This was the second time we had a golden opportunity to build a distance between Lazio and Roma, but no...

I blame of course the lack of creativity, but also Rino not being able to find more solutions. We played like this was just a warm-up friendly - again. Same happened over and over again against weaker opponents, while at the same time we're not even near of winning a competitive match against Napoli, Inter or Juventus.

We need Conte.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2018, 11:37 PM
Post #5

But most of all, we need quality players. Paqueta and Fabregas couldn't come anytime sooner, assuming we'll sign the latter. And we need a left winger in attack AT ALL COST.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Dec 19 2018, 05:26 AM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

first we are scoring but not keeping clean sheets. Now we are keeping clean sheets but not scoring as well. I missed the last 3 games so dont know how are we playing but it seems we have been very dull.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 21 2018, 09:42 AM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Dec 19 2018, 08:26 AM) *
first we are scoring but not keeping clean sheets. Now we are keeping clean sheets but not scoring as well. I missed the last 3 games so dont know how are we playing but it seems we have been very dull.

The injuries in midfield are at the root cause of the stagnant results as of late. Prior to that, the team was on a good run which is reflected in the table's position.

Injuries in defense also contributed to a more cautious approach when attacking, noting that our fullbacks were playing as center backs.

You have to take all this into context, hence why it seems the team is dull as of late.

Don't think Gattuso is to blame, as any coach would be faced with an uphill task given the injuries to so many key players.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 21 2018, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Bertolacci injured as well today. We'll play with Calabria, Mauri and Hakan in midfield vs Fiorentina tomorrow.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 22 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

January couldn't come fast enough.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 22 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #10

I'm not even angry. How can you be angry at such a lousy team? We need a change in January.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 23 2018, 12:25 AM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Same story over and over again. Important players underperform, unexperienced coaches ending up in the dustbin. I do blame Gattuso... playing Calabria in midfield, not having the slightest idea what to do with the given situation, not doing anything to make a change of pace and approch, I can go on and on...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 23 2018, 12:55 AM
Post #12

Honestly, you can't blame him for playing Calabria in midfield. We had NO ONE available. And I mean no one. Montolivo hasn't played a game since May, not even in training. He's not an option. We only had Mauri and Hakan available.

Nevertheless, despite the injuries, I think Gattuso has just lost it. He's just not a capable coach.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 24 2018, 12:41 AM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2018, 02:55 AM) *
Honestly, you can't blame him for playing Calabria in midfield. We had NO ONE available. And I mean no one. Montolivo hasn't played a game since May, not even in training. He's not an option. We only had Mauri and Hakan available.

Nevertheless, despite the injuries, I think Gattuso has just lost it. He's just not a capable coach.

Montolivo is finished but he's still better then Calabria in midfield. He didn't play a minute because of Gattuso. Now I agree he should have sidelined him, perhaps he shouldn't have picked Monto as well, but please - why not change the tactical outlook then? Playing with three right fullbacks/wingers, Suso, Calabria and Abate was a complete mess. Them not achieving more then 2 crosses is yet another tragicomical segment of his wrong approach.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 24 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #14

The issue is that, even when we had a full midfield, against Torino and Bologna, we still didn't manage to score a single goal.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 24 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

And this has to do with tactics and preparation mostly. I understand that with Bonaventura gone we lack creativity, but that's only part of the problem.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:31 AM