> When is a Dive not a Dive?

Danny
post Dec 18 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

http://ibroxnoise.blogspot.com/2011/12/whe...e-not-dive.html

I write a Rangers blog, but after the Boateng incident yesterday I decided to write about simulation in general.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

littlechris
post Dec 18 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 1,747

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 18 2011, 03:10 PM) *
http://ibroxnoise.blogspot.com/2011/12/whe...e-not-dive.html

I write a Rangers blog, but after the Boateng incident yesterday I decided to write about simulation in general.

The Boateng incident was a close call; there was little contact maybe the referee shouldn't have given the penalty. It proved to me how intelligent Boateng he's; he intentionally wait for the keeper and implicate him.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 18 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Nicely written, man. Good blog you've got there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) I would agree with it 100% any given Sunday, but yesterday was something different. There was a bit of a contact, the keeper lunged towards Boateng, who went down, play acted and cried in pain - all under the umbrella of a tactical dive. Not the prettiest sight, but I've seen worse.

Still, any other day (and with the GK lunging towards the player like a crazed maniac), I'd have called it a dive.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 18 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I saw no contact, but I agree entirely with you that Boateng's response on the turf was ridiculous. At least Rangers' Aluko didn't pretend he'd been cut open with a chainsaw.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 18 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 18 2011, 09:27 PM) *
I saw no contact, but I agree entirely with you that Boateng's response on the turf was ridiculous. At least Rangers' Aluko didn't pretend he'd been cut open with a chainsaw.

Yes, totally agreed. That's one thing that should be out of the game, this very instant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Playacting like you've just been shot, and then as soon as the referee awards the penalty, the player is up, smiling, like nothing happened. This wasn't the case a few years back, but this new generation of footballers want everything to go their way by hook or crook.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 18 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Yes,in slow motion it looks really bad.But,what's not been taken notice of is that Boateng was going really fast,and he didn't have much options.Is it a dive?probably yes.Have I lost any respect from Boateng because of it?No.
Also,there was contact from the goalkeeper's knee to boateng's ankle when Boateng pushed the ball forward.

Nice blog,you have there Danny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .The design is horrible though,I'd advise you to change it.

This post has been edited by William405: Dec 18 2011, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 18 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #7

Berretti

QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 18 2011, 10:06 PM) *
The design is horrible though,I'd advise you to change it.

Well it's noisy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) In a good way. Goes great with the title of the blog!

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 18 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

I would be frustrated and I still don't like it at all but at the same time I see so many decisions where the player has so obviously, blatantly dived, or cheated to get someone sent off, usually the best teams in the world.

So if you can't beat them, join them.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 18 2011, 06:23 PM) *
I would be frustrated and I still don't like it at all but at the same time I see so many decisions where the player has so obviously, blatantly dived, or cheated to get someone sent off, usually the best teams in the world.

So if you can't beat them, join them.

Hear hear

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 18 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

I rather have our players ''earn'' a penalty with a dive to help us winning than not and see us losing / dropping points.

Think about the pressure, the ambition, etc. For a reason it's rare when there's a player who would never do this. You all can disgust this, but most of you would dive to when the situation for it is ideal.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 18 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

It's difficult for referees at the time. I would like to see FAs give players long bans for diving though after they've checked video replays after the game.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 19 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Good blog Danny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

The incident of simulations has always been present with the sport, and as you highlighted in your blog, it is further examined with the help of technology. However, I believe the referee calls it with the split second that he has seen it and not with the help of replays and such. For that, I would suggest what Kurt asserted in the quote below. I think that is a remedy to reduce such incidents in the future.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 18 2011, 10:35 PM) *
It's difficult for referees at the time. I would like to see FAs give players long bans for diving though after they've checked video replays after the game.

I believe that is only fair, but in addition, I would recommend adding another official behind the goal line, ala the CL.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 19 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 18 2011, 09:35 PM) *

Long ban for a dive? That's ridiculous. One dive, and you got a long ban? Right...

They get yellow at most during the match now. And it are dangerous tackles that deserve long bans, not this.

And often it's hard to judge if it's a true dive, or not really. Give a long ban for that, gonna be difficult... and over the top anyway

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Dec 19 2011, 12:38 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 19 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #14

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 19 2011, 11:44 AM) *
I believe that is only fair, but in addition, I would recommend adding another official behind the goal line, ala the CL.

I still haven't quite figured out what those fourth officials do there. they certainly do nothing in regards to penalties and corner/goal kicks. I think they're there just to make sure whether the balls has crossed the line on certain (albeit rare) occasions. so having them for dives is pointless anyway.

I think a 3-match ban would be enough for a dive after it's proved with video replays.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Dec 19 2011, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Dec 19 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

The keeper did make contact with Boateng but it was certainly minimal. I think it was a dive, the only thing to decide in my mind is whether the contact was minimal enough for it to be punishable by the league.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:54 AM