Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 15/4/07- Seria A - Messina - Milan

Darunia
post Apr 11 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Tiring match, so that probable lineup seems likely. Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf deserve a rest. Gila + R9 will score some goals!

Just realized we have a midweek game against Ascoli on Wednesday. Also, the Cagilari game will probably be moved up to Saturday, meaning Milan plays 3 games in 6 days. Luckily Messina and Ascoli are at the bottom of the table, but we can't take any games for granted. We'll prob rest some regulars against Messina and Cagilari.

This post has been edited by Darunia: Apr 12 2007, 05:34 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 12 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I personally would play this one for The next game

Cafu--Bonera--Nesta--Janku
Brocchi--Yoann--Ambro--Sergio
---------Ronaldo--Gila--------

I think this will be enough for Messina, resting key players and getting Sergio back in top form is essential for us in the game against Man U.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 12 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Looks good to me han but I doubt we're going to see that on Sunday.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 12 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2007, 03:35 PM)
Looks good to me han but I doubt we're going to see that on Sunday.

Yeah me too but guys like Kaka, Pirlo and Rino need some rest. And Carlo now knows that we alomst have the CL spot secured, so I'm counting on him to rest some players since we have such a tight schedule in the next few weeks.

Besides, if we aren't doing well we have guys like Kaka who can come on and make a difference, even though I think that Gila or R9 are bound to score at some point and out defence have been looking good recently

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Apr 12 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #35

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

Gourcuff MUST be used. It only makes sense. Kaka, Pirlo and Rino all need to get at least some rest. I have a feeling that Nesta won't start cause he gave 150% against Bayern and he is not that fit yet.

I think Ancelotti will go for:

------------------Dida-----------------------
--Oddo---Bonera--Kaladze---Jankulovski
------------------Pirlo-----------------------
--------Brocchi-------Gourcuff-------------
-----------------Kaka-----------------------
--------Ronaldo------Gilardino------------

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 12 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #36

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Inter-Palermo on the same day. It's time for us to, definately and with a game in hand, enter the Champions League zone.

Forza Milan!

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 13 2007, 02:28 AM
Post #37

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Messina - Milan -- Football Italia preview

Milan visit the Stadio San Filippo knowing that they must take all three points if they are to keep up in the race for Champions League football, but will have to negotiate a Messina side desperately battling to escape the drop.

The alarm bells are ringing in Messina. The Peloritani haven’t scored in three games and have slipped to second bottom with confidence at a low. The return of Bruno Giordano didn’t have the desired effect last weekend as the Giallorossi fell to a 1-0 defeat against high-flying Lazio – the Roman tactician has a lot to do and so little time to do it.

If the Sicilians are to fight their way out of trouble they will need to continue their solid home form. While they are winless on the road, Giordano’s side have triumphed five times on home soil and could possibly spring a surprise. Desperation can inspire struggling sides and the Messina fans will be praying their side find an extra gear or they will need another courtroom drama to remain a Serie A outfit.

Milan also know that one performance could be the difference between a successful campaign and bitter disappointment. Despite the eight-point Calciopoli handicap the Rossoneri could sneak into the Champions League spots and boosted their chances of doing so last weekend with a 3-1 victory over Empoli.

Carlo Ancelotti’s side leapfrogged the Tuscan minnows to move into fifth and are now just one point shy of the stuttering Palermo and the Holy Grail that is fourth place. With so little time remaining Milan must secure maximum points and hope that city rivals Inter can do them a favour and beat Palermo. If they do so Ancelotti’s men will suddenly be in the box seat.

Paolo Maldini was the unexpected goal hero when Milan squeezed past Messina at the San Siro in Week 13. Milan have won the last four meetings between the two sides but Messina fans will recall the 2-1 triumph at the San Siro back in September 2004. This encounter also sees the League’s most disciplined side take on Serie A’s bad boys. While Milan have recorded just three red cards and 51 bookings, the Biancoscudati have seen 13 dismissals and a staggering 94 cautions.

Giordano will be glad to welcome Ivorian stopper Marco Zoro back from suspension but cannot call upon the banned Vincent Candela or injured pair Angelo Rea and Mitsuo Ogasawara. Veteran Milanese hit man Arturo Di Napoli is struggling with a calf injury but cannot be ruled out.

Milan are finally nearing a full strength squad. Serginho remains sidelined and Cristian Brocchi is fighting flu, but they are the only probable absentees. Ricardo Oliveira is set to be banished to the bench leaving a Ronaldo and Alberto Gilardino partnership. Both men will be fresh having sat out the mid-week clash with Bayern Munich due to ineligibility and suspension respectively.

Man on fire: Ronaldo (Milan)
- Il Fenomeno opened the scoring against Empoli last weekend and turned provider to set up Gilardino for the second. He has breathed new life into the Rossoneri front line since his arrival and Messina will struggle to contain him.

Last season: Messina 1-3 Milan

Form guide: Messina (W D L L L) Milan (W L W D W)

Messina (probable): Paoletti; Zoro, Iuliano, Lavecchia, Pestrin; D’Aversa, Masiello, Giallombardo; Alvarez, Floccari, Rigano’

Milan (probable): Dida; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Kaka’; Gilardino, Ronaldo

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 13 2007, 05:27 AM
Post #38

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

^I love how Channel 4 continues to refer to Empoli as "minnows" despite the fact they've been strong all season.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Apr 13 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #39

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 12 2007, 07:26 PM)
Inter-Palermo on the same day. It's time for us to, definately and with a game in hand, enter the Champions League zone.

Forza Milan!

Yap, this is our chance to take the 4th spot. And it's about time IMO!

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 13 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #40

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Serie A Preview: Messina - Milan -- goal.com preview

When: Sunday April 15, 15:00 (CET)

Where: Stadio San Filippo, Messina, Italy

Messina are once again facing relegation, after having narrowly escaped demotion last term. Their Serie A status for this season was not affirmed through their own merit, but due to the Calciopoli scandal and subsequent relegation of Juventus, which allowed Messina to stay up.

Such luck does not appear to be on the horizon this time around, however. They have been fingered as possible perpetrators for the second go-around of the Calciopoli investigations. Although, it is not yet clear if they did in fact have involvement in wrongdoings or in what amount it may have been. Nevertheless, this will not be a welcome distraction for a side on the brink of going down to Serie B by virtue of their poor play. That is, if they aren’t demoted even further when the Calciopoli verdict eventually comes down.

Milan, on the other hand, have been tabbed as victims in the second round of investigations, most notably in the scoreless draw which took place at Juventus’ Stadio Delle Alpi in December of 2004.

The match was embroiled in controversy, and Milan twice had valid penalty claims against Juventus waived off by the referee. The outcome of this match, according to many people, was the real difference in the final standings, as Juventus edged out Milan for the title that season.

On the playing side of things for Milan, the current encounter in Sicily represents a terrific opportunity to finally achieve their goal for this season—Champions League qualification. The Rossoneri are a single point behind Palermo for the fourth place in the table, which brings with it a chance for top European football next season.

Seeing as Palermo play top of the table Internazionale this weekend, Milan can feel good about their chances of moving above Palermo in the standings.

BACKGROUND

When Milan hosted Messina at the San Siro back in November, the deciding factor was ‘Il Capitano’ Paolo Maldini. In the 13th minute, Andrea Pirlo sent a free-kick into the box, and Maldini leapt above the crowd to head home the only goal of the game for a Milan win.

CURRENT FORM

Messina (19th place in Serie A, 24 points)

Last three results

3/18 Messina 0-3 Torino

4/1 Cagliari 2-0 Messina

4/7 Lazio 1-0 Messina

Milan (5th place in Serie A, 47 points)

Last three results

3/18 Milan 1-0 Atalanta

3/31 Roma 1-1 Milan

4/7 Milan 3-1 Empoli

TEAM NEWS

Messina must do without several players for this fixture. Mitsuo Ogasawara, Arturo Di Napoli and Angelo Rea are injured, and Vincent Candela is suspended after being sent off against Lazio last Saturday.

Milan will be missing Paolo Maldini, who must rest his knees after playing the full ninety minutes against Bayern Munich on Wednesday. Several other first team players may also be rested in view of the busy end of season schedule.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Christian Riganò (Messina) – The club’s leading scorer this season, and only consistent threat in front of goal. He will be watched closely, but should still find space among the Milan defenders.

Ronaldo (Milan) – Scored one and assisted on another in the victory over Empoli last weekend. Since returning to the city of Milan, he has committed himself to regaining proper fitness, and this has been evident in his play.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Messina (4-3-3): Paoletti; Zoro, Iuliano, Lavecchia, Pestrin; D’Aversa, Masiello, Giallombardo; Alvarez, Floccari, Riganò

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kakà; Gilardino, Ronaldo

PREDICTION

Surely, Milan will obtain the points they should get, rather than to play down to their competition. Messina are staring the prospect of relegation directly in the face, and the outcome of this match will not do anything to alleviate their fears.

Messina 0-2 Milan

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Apr 14 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

I hope Favali gets a start he was looking good at the Empoli game , and i really want Gourcuff to start he needs to have more time on the pitch espicially as we need to rest seedorf

+Quote Post

tom_valtellina
post Apr 14 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #42

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 3,653

We are in a delicate position. Key players need to be well rested prior to the Man United tie but we cannot afford to drop too many points in the league if we want to finish fourth.

Fiorentina are only six points back with a game against us still to come, plus they have a better goal difference than we do. Empoli and Palermo appear to be fading but can't be discounted. I'm still confident we will finish in fourth place, but we can't afford to take our foot of he pedal on the domestic front.

Our next run of games is Messina (away), Ascoli (away), Cagliari (home), Man U (away), Torino (away), Man U (home) and Fiorentina (home).....six games in three weeks. So Ancelotti will really need to balance his squad very carefully. Thankfully the whole squad is pretty much fit at the moment, after a bad season on the injury front.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (tom_valtellina @ Apr 14 2007, 01:40 AM)
We are in a delicate position. Key players need to be well rested prior to the Man United tie but we cannot afford to drop too many points in the league if we want to finish fourth.

Definately. I would especially like to see Kaka and Pirlo rested, at least for 1 of the games.

Playing a 4-4-2 like I suggested earlier will be enough against Messina imo, Ronaldo is as much a match winner as Kaka imo.

And if it doesn't work we can always put both players in after half time.

Fiorentina are only six points back with a game against us still to come, plus they have a better goal difference than we do. Empoli and Palermo appear to be fading but can't be discounted. I'm still confident we will finish in fourth place, but we can't afford to take our foot of he pedal on the domestic front.

I think we have it secured, yes Fiorentina are really hot atm but I think we have enough to keep them at bay.

Also the fixtures favour us more then anything else, and if we win at home and the gap by then stays the same then we won't have to worry about them anymore.

Our next run of games is Messina (away), Ascoli (away), Cagliari (home), Man U (away), Torino (away), Man U (home) and Fiorentina (home).....six games in three weeks. So Ancelotti will really need to balance his squad very carefully. Thankfully the whole squad is pretty much fit at the moment, after a bad season on the injury front.

Yeah, it will be tough, that's why rotating the squad in these easier games will be key.

What is also in favour of us is that Man U still have to fight for the title and FA Cup, where Chelsea are breathing on their necks in the league, but have a relatively easy path to the finals of the cup.

So they probably won't risk resting a lot of their players, especially since they don't have a lot of depth in their squad.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 14 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #44

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Official list of call-ups:

MESSINA-MILAN: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
14/04/2007
Sono 20 i convocati del Milan per domani:
PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac, Storari;
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo;
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Serginho; ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Apr 14 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

Ancelotti said same defense and attack from the Empoli game... so slightly different midfield then?

We'll prob see this lineup, although maybe Pirlo or Gattuso will be rested.

------------------Dida--------------
Cafu---Bonera--Kaladze---Favalli
------------------Pirlo---------------
--------Gattuso-------Gourcuff-----
-----------------Kaka---------------
--------Ronaldo------Gilardino-----

This post has been edited by Darunia: Apr 14 2007, 06:22 PM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:07 PM