Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 21/4/07 - Serie A - Milan - Cagliari

Portman
post Apr 19 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Really difficult match. Specially 'cause we play on Tuesday and I hope Carletto rest Kaka', Pirlo, Gattuso and Seedorf. I doubt but...

Anyway, 1-0. Ronaldo. Enough for the 3 points.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Apr 19 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

It will be interesting to see how we can deal with fast paced players in preparation of the man utd match

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Apr 19 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Good point.. hopefully dealing with Suazo prepares us for C. Ronaldo. Although Ronaldo isn't just pace.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 19 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 19 2007, 06:08 PM)
Good point.. hopefully dealing with Suazo prepares us for C. Ronaldo. Although Ronaldo isn't just pace.

Maybe we should play a friendly against the Australian swim team, some of those are professional divers, also. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 19 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2007, 04:13 PM)
Where has Broochi been ?! He hasn't played in ages.. And I think that is a very likely formation, maybe Simic instead of Cafu ...

Last time I heard he had the flu

+Quote Post

tom_valtellina
post Apr 20 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #21

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,653

Bit of a danger game this one. Strong chance that everyone's mind will be on Tuesday night and with the likelihood of key players being rested there is a real danger we could drop points.

I would like to see Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf and Gattuso all rested, but I think that playing Gourcuff, Serginho and Brocchi in mid together is a bit risky because they haven't really played much together and there may not be much cohesion between them. So I think Ancelotti will start with any two of Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf or Gattuso with some of the others and look to substitute them at half time if we are able to take the lead and control the match to a relative degree.

Wouldn't like to drop points in this one ESPECIALLY for the reason that we are on a bit of a roll of late and drawing/losing may mean that we lose a bit of momentum going into the Man United clash.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 20 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Brocchi can replace Gattuso perfectly. Gourcuff can play on the left and Seedorf on the right, he can't get tired anyway... it's not like he's trying... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I think this would be a good line-up:

1st half:

Kalac

Oddo - Bonera - Simic - Favalli

Cafu - Seedorf - Brocchi - Yoann

Gilardino - Serginho (>>Oliveira)

2nd half:
Kalac

Cafu - Bonera - Kaladze (he might be needed in Old Trafford) - Favalli

Seedorf - Brocchi - Yoann - Serginho

Gilardino - Kaka/Grimi

Of course this will NOT happen (maybe only the back four will be the same) and I'm 90% sure Kaka and Pirlo are going to play at least for one half each.

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 20 2007, 01:26 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 20 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think we shouldo go with this formation for this game

Cafu--Bonera--Kaladze--Favalli
---Brocchi---Ambro---Sergio---
-------------Gourcuff-------------
-------Ronaldo--Gilardino-------

I think this will be enough to do the trick against Cagliari.

Sergio needs to get some playing time. Yoann has been hitting form lately, and I've noticed that he is shooting more and gaining a lot of confidence with the ball. I think giving him the role of an attacking mid for this game could be a good idea. If it doesn't work out then Kaka can always come on at half time.

Ronaldo and Gilardino have proved to be our best pairing, they are working amazingly well together.

Brocchi on the right and Ambro anchoring that midfield I think will be enough, Ambro still can pass the ball vey well and can create thing same for Brocchi. Again if this doesn't work Pirlo could come on after half time.

BUT, knowing Carlo I'm almost sure this will be our line up

Cafu--Bonera--Kaladze--Favalli
--Ambro/Rino--Pirlo--Yoann/Seedorf
------------Kaka------------------
--------Gilardino--Ronaldo-------

And maybe Kaka and Pirlo coming off after half time

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 20 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Ambro is essential for the Old Trafford game as much as anybody else so I don't think he should play the whole ninety minutes.

I doubt Ronaldo will be fit and that's why I excluded him but if he's ready then he should play, no doubt!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 20 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 12:56 PM)
Ambro is essential for the Old Trafford game as much as anybody else so I don't think he should play the whole ninety minutes.

I doubt Ronaldo will be fit and that's why I excluded him but if he's ready then he should play, no doubt!

I know Ambro will be essential but Rino and Pirlo more so and they've got more games on their legs then Ambro has. But subbing him out and putting in Pirlo in the second half will be enough. Giving them 45 minutes each.

Yeah I know R9 might not be ready, but I'm assuming he will be fit enough to play at least 45 minutes. Just try to get the game rapped up by then.

btw, I like your 4-4-2 formation but I don't know about Cafu, the last time we tried him there he was horrible, although he was in terrible form during that particular period and now he seems like he's back in shape and it could work out.

But I don't know if Carlo would try it again

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 20 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #26

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 01:23 PM)
Kaladze (he might be needed in Old Trafford)

Joking right? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 20 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 20 2007, 01:04 PM)

I PERSONALLY believe that Carlo will put him in as LB against United.

That's my hunch on the issue.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 20 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #28

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Milan - Cagliari -- Football Italia preview

Milan will be hoping to keep up their late push for Champions League qualification with another win when they host Cagliari at the San Siro. The Sardinian visitors will also be eyeing the points though, as they seek to stay clear of the relegation battle.

The Rossoneri have hit form at the right time this season after already making a late storming run into the top four, they are now edging their way closer to Lazio in third place. Three consecutive wins, during which they have scored an impressive 11 goals, means the Diavoli will be full of confidence going into the final stages of their campaign. After the 5-2 thrashing of Ascoli in midweek Coach Carlo Ancelotti will be expecting another comfortable performance here.

Ancelotti has just one absence to contend with, but it could be a crucial one. First-choice goalkeeper Nelson Dida is still out injured after already missing the victory over Ascoli. With the Brazilian absent, Zeljko Kalac is expected to continue to deputise between the posts ahead of January signing Marco Storari. Gennaro Gattuso seems likely to be rested again with Massimo Ambrosini taking his place, while Marek Jankulovski is expected to get the nod ahead of Kakha Kaladze at left-back.

Winger Mauro Esposito is unlikely to play any part in the rest of Cagliari’s season and is now joined in the treatment room by Tiziano Bruzzone, Leonardo Colucci and Alessandro Conticchio. Those absences mean Alessandro Budel and Antonino D’Agostino should keep their places in midfield, while Andrea Capone looks set to get the nod up front ahead of Simone Pepe and Antonio Langella. Paolo Bianco is suspended, with youngster Michele Canini expected to start in his place.

There may be five places between themselves and the relegation zone, but with just the same number of points filling the gap the Rossoblu won’t be feeling safe just yet. Parma’s resurgence has put a number of teams in the bottom half’s position in doubt, and they will be looking to continue their impressive form to keep the relegation battle at arm’s length.

Man on fire: Alberto Gilardino (Milan) – Just like the Milan team as a whole, Gilardino has hit form at the perfect time. The ex-Parma hitman has brushed aside the criticism he has received this season with some clinical finishing recently, scoring four times in four Serie A appearances.

Last season: Milan 1-0 Cagliari

Form guide: Milan (W D W W W) Cagliari (L W W D L)

Milan (probable): Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Nesta, Jankulovski; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Gilardino, Ronaldo

Cagliari (probable): Chimenti; Ferri, Lopez, Canini, Agostini; Biondini, Conti, Budel, D’Agostino; Suazo, Capone

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 20 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #29

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Channel4 are really hard headed, that line-up is impossible a game before CL.

+Quote Post

misha
post Apr 20 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #30

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Gilardino should be rested too. He most probably will play as a lone striker vs United

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:44 AM