han2503
post Mar 21 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Difficult one, it could most likely be another seriously long night

I think at this point Seedorf should scrap the 4-2-3-1. It's pointless to continue to insist on it when we don't have the players for it. Our defence is put under even more pressure and really what's the point of playing with4 supposed attackers and then flooding the midfield with CMs? How is that ever going to work?

I get people are p!ssed off at Balo, but we just need to suck it up. He's the best we can afford, and if we sell him, no one better will be coming in. So I'd rather put up with a bit of his whining.

I think it's time Seedorf goes for a 4-3-1-2. Balo works better with a partner, and ideally our midfield should include both Poli and Monto while they're not completely out of position. This formation gives us that plus that bit of extra defensive cover which the 4-2-3-1 does not.

And please! No Urby!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 21 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

(4-2-3-1): Amelia; De Sciglio, Rami, Zapata, Emanuelson; De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Poli, Kakà; Balotelli.

I agree with you, han. I'd go with Honda behind Balo and Pazzo. We have nothing to lose at this point, might as well experiment with various options.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 22 2014, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Well, i would want a 4-3-2-1, but we all know that is not what Seedorf has in kind.

Lazio are tough opponents, and we can bot afford to give then space. Whether 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1, we should scratch those and put up a xmass tree lineup

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Mar 22 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #4

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2014, 04:26 PM) *
I get people are p!ssed off at Balo, but we just need to suck it up. He's the best we can afford, and if we sell him, no one better will be coming in. So I'd rather put up with a bit of his whining.

+1 I just said something very similar in the Summer Transfer thread.

And for what it's worth, I don't think Balo is the whiner, I think the fans are actually more guilty of that if anything.

What we can be upset with Balo over is his lack of dedication, determination & focus!

Bottom line is, as it stands we can do no better than Balo in terms of his talent & all round attributes.

We are expecting that the money we get from his sale will be reinvested in a similarly talented forward, but when last have we seen that happen? ...so what makes us think it's gonna be any different this time?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 22 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2014, 08:26 PM) *

Who cares about his whining? He can whine all he wants as long as he produces results, which he doesn't. One goal here and there doesn't make up for it, especially if he disappears during the important games. Balo is not the best we can afford because there are plenty of strikers out there who are better and cheaper than him.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Mar 23 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 22 2014, 05:18 PM) *
Who cares about his whining? He can whine all he wants as long as he produces results, which he doesn't. One goal here and there doesn't make up for it, especially if he disappears during the important games. Balo is not the best we can afford because there are plenty of strikers out there who are better and cheaper than him.

Agreed. He shows occasional signs of brilliance but he is far from consistent and way too moody. He has the tendency to disappear in big games. He is a yellow card / red card magnet. Tired of waiting for him to "mature" or to "blossom" (he is almost 24, not 18!)

Hope he has a great WC and we sell him somewhere (maybe Napoli, they seem to want him).

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 23 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Yeah I gave up with Balo after ... tbh can't remember which match it was. PS he's 23 not 24. Still, while he's achieved a lot at his age, he is p*ssing his talent away and doesn't seem to be able to focus on his job.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 23 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 22 2014, 04:18 PM) *

Who? Immobile? You have no guarantee that he's not another Gila, Matri, etc.

Yes, he's banging them in for Toro, but same could be said for many strikers in Serie A who did amazing things with smaller clubs but fizzled when they had bigger opportunities.

I think people are mostly mad at Balo because he doesn't produce match winning performances as much as they think he should. Yet, he's still single handedly won us games. But people still expect Ibra like stuff, where he pulls something brilliant out of his @ss each week to lead us to the title, and the fact that he doesn't do that leaves people bitter towards him. As if it's his fault that the club threw away Ibra with barely a second thought for a ridiculous transfer sum

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Mar 23 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #9

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

OFFICIAL Milan XI (vs Lazio):

Amelia; De Sciglio, Rami, Mexes, Constant; De Jong, Essien, Kaka, Poli, Honda; Pazzini.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 23 2014, 08:51 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Mar 23 2014, 08:39 PM) *
OFFICIAL Milan XI (vs Lazio):

Amelia; De Sciglio, Rami, Mexes, Constant; De Jong, Essien, Kaka, Poli, Honda; Pazzini.

Seriuosly cannot begin to grasp what Seedorf's trying to accomplish when he makes these choices

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 23 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 23 2014, 08:51 PM) *
Seriuosly cannot begin to grasp what Seedorf's trying to accomplish when he makes these choices

Monto is injured, those are the best players he could play sans Constant.

To those watching the game, are we playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 23 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

how r we playing??

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 23 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 23 2014, 09:08 PM) *
Monto is injured, those are the best players he could play sans Constant.

To those watching the game, are we playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

He could play Poli instead of De Jong or Essien and Taraabt
or Balo upfront. We're currently very slow, static and have zero ideas as to how we can break them down

Both De Jong and Essien in there completely kill any attacking rythm we try to build

And it's 4-2-3-1

Lazio score, cancelled for offside I think....

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 23 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

KAKA!!!!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 23 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Totally lucky goal. Maybe our luck is finally changing

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:56 AM