26 Pages V  « < 24 25 26  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League - Matchday 1 - Barcelona - Milan, Date: 13/09/11 Time: 20:45 CET

X-Offender
post Sep 16 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #376

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Your post makes sense han, but still, Cassano was extra-poor against Barça. He couldn't control the ball, make a right pass, get involved in the game... In other words, he was useless. I'm certain that Robinho could have done something more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 16 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #377

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2011, 07:44 PM) *
Your post makes sense han, but still, Cassano was extra-poor against Barça. He couldn't control the ball, make a right pass, get involved in the game... In other words, he was useless. I'm certain that Robinho could have done something more.

I'm not saying Cassano was good or anything close to it. But making an excuse out of him is just not going to help anyone, certainly not us. We needed a better game plan in terms of transitioning the ball from the defence to attack. Cassano was poor yes, but should Robinho have been there, he would have still most likely ended up on his own whenever he recieved the ball which is what kept happening to both Cassano and Pato. In fact I don't get why they were playing so far apart from each other. They clearly needed each other's support since the midfield wasn't willing to push up to help them

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 16 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #378

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

Robinho would have done better because of his immense workrate and energy he would never be so non-existant Cassano was that match. I really was sad when I heard Robinho couldn't play.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2011, 10:14 PM) *
In fact I don't get why they were playing so far apart from each other. They clearly needed each other's support since the midfield wasn't willing to push up to help them

Cassano doesn't have the workrate and energy Robinho does, so the latter would have been all over the place and no be so far apart from Pato. Say what you want about Robinho (and his finishing), but he always plays well and is a huge support for any attacker he has played with. Robinho plays well with everyone, anywhere.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 16 2011, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 16 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #379

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

I'd say Robinho could have done tons more if he was fit. Tons, I say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Cassano works best when he is there in a working system, a rolling midfield and he just slots in to provide that extra spark of creativity - whether it is a slick goal or a sublime through ball for one. Play him in a stagnant midfield, and he'll make it even more stagnant.

Robinho could have been a 100 times a player than him against Barcelona, just for the simple fact that he hustles.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 16 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #380

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

It is more or less pointless discussing what Robinho would and could have done.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 16 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #381

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 16 2011, 11:31 PM) *
It is more or less pointless discussing what Robinho would and could have done.

Uhmmmm no, not really. As it's clear how Robinho plays and how that is different from Cassano. For example when we go back to Ronaldinho who disappears vs big teams also. Cassano comes closer to that than others. Robinho on the other hand is the opposite of Ronaldinho/them. His energy, workrate, movement is immense, and he is quick too. Try to let someone like that disappear in a match. For a reason Robinho always links up midfield with attack.

Though in the end what isn't pointless on here, as long as people enjoy discussing it, why not?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 17 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #382

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 16 2011, 11:46 PM) *
Uhmmmm no, not really. As it's clear how Robinho plays and how that is different from Cassano. For example when we go back to Ronaldinho who disappears vs big teams also. Cassano comes closer to that than others. Robinho on the other hand is the opposite of Ronaldinho/them. His energy, workrate, movement is immense, and he is quick too. Try to let someone like that disappear in a match. For a reason Robinho always links up midfield with attack.

Though in the end what isn't pointless on here, as long as people enjoy discussing it, why not?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm sorry, your post made me laugh out loud. It may be "clear" how Robinho is playing, but what's the purpose of dreaming what he'd do instead of Cassano. It's not a mathematical equation we are talking about; it's pretty much unpredictable, and even if it is, there is still no point to it.

I think most of the talk here isn't pointless, but I always count the woulda coulda shoulda talk as pointless. It may help you in some way, but making some definite statements - that's impossible with the "if's"

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 17 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #383

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2011, 12:34 PM) *
Wait up Blue. I will be posting a detailed analysis + Ratings later in the day.

Still waiting, Cap'n. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 24 25 26
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:03 PM