> Abate, Ignazio Abate

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 23 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 23 2008, 07:56 PM) *
money, it seems after all there will be one last transfer. I can see why we did that instead of just straight up loaning him.

i read he and paloschi to be in cownerships deals to finance alex silva
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jul 23 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 23 2008, 01:01 PM) *
i read he and paloschi to be in cownerships deals to finance alex silva

yup i knew it. We dont just do co ownerships for no reasons. Good find cmf

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jul 24 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

yep this is rebuilding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 24 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #19

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

It's really a double edged sword I guess. What if there are two teams - Team A and Team B? At Team A he will play. And at Team B he will play with a good foundation and at an excellent atmosphere to develop. But Team B will only take him on a co-ownership, while Team A will be willing to take him on a loan. What then??

Now I'm not saying this is how it is, but it could be. We can't judge without knowing facts. And they're not gonna reveal all the facts either. For all you know, this co-ownership, might not involve money at all, but first option on Rosina. I don't consider Milan as complete retards on the market. You don't last 20 years among the top 10 clubs in Europe that way.

+Quote Post

Diavolo
post Jul 24 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #20

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 772

As Galliani said, nowdays nobody is willing to grow your talents in their team and than when they become realy good returning them back for nothing (in terms of money and the money is everything in these days - sure the team benefits momentarely from his performances, but if the player isn't yours and you know that if he performs well he will go away for nothing, than with co-ownership at least you get some money for that - small teams almost live from that money). You have to pay for growing your talented players in other teams and that is what Co-ownerships are about.
Plus you get some money right away for other transfers and other options for talented players of that team.
Just don't worry, if Abate continues to play like he did and grows his talent even more, then he will be back to Milan in 1-2 years.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 24 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

THe thing with co-ownership, I just don't understand how on earth it benefits Milan at all. We still have to pay to get the player back, so why not just loan him out for a few seasons? I don't understand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 24 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 24 2008, 03:40 PM) *
THe thing with co-ownership, I just don't understand how on earth it benefits Milan at all. We still have to pay to get the player back, so why not just loan him out for a few seasons? I don't understand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

yea borriello hald contract was sold for about 1.5 million euroes and was bought for about 10 million now abate is sold for 2 million after 2 years if he plays well his price will be what 12 million does not make sense to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 24 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

It's what Diavolo says, it makes sense.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 24 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra

So why do it then? We sell half of the player for a tiny amount, but if he plays well, we end up buying the half back for 4 or 5 times the amount we sold it for. I just don't see the upside for co-ownership for a team like Milan. Surely just loaning would be more beneficial.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 24 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

They usually do co-ownership deals rather then loans because the players would get much more playing time then they would if they were just loaned.

But still co-ownership deals always favour the big clubs so if he really does well next season we'll buy him back

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 24 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #26

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 24 2008, 07:23 AM) *
It's really a double edged sword I guess. What if there are two teams - Team A and Team B? At Team A he will play. And at Team B he will play with a good foundation and at an excellent atmosphere to develop. But Team B will only take him on a co-ownership, while Team A will be willing to take him on a loan. What then??

Now I'm not saying this is how it is, but it could be. We can't judge without knowing facts. And they're not gonna reveal all the facts either. For all you know, this co-ownership, might not involve money at all, but first option on Rosina. I don't consider Milan as complete retards on the market. You don't last 20 years among the top 10 clubs in Europe that way.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 24 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

I still don't get the Borriello one, as we do have the numbers for that. We sold half of him, then bought that half back for £6m. Now we definitly did not sell our half for that much, so surely that's just wasted money? I honestly don't see the upside for Milan in this deal. Yes, he got first team experience, but he would have got that from a loan too, and it'd have saved us £6m as well.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 24 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #28

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 24 2008, 11:42 PM) *
I still don't get the Borriello one, as we do have the numbers for that. We sold half of him, then bought that half back for £6m. Now we definitly did not sell our half for that much, so surely that's just wasted money? I honestly don't see the upside for Milan in this deal. Yes, he got first team experience, but he would have got that from a loan too, and it'd have saved us £6m as well.

Ur speaking on hindsight.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 24 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 24 2008, 10:18 PM) *
Ur speaking on hindsight.

It's really irrelevant, it's just common sense, especially with young players.

Loan:
The player remains yours - he gains experience elsewhere - you then have the player back at the club.
If he turns out bad, you sell him for a small price, if he's good, you've had to pay nothing for a good player.

Co-ownership:
You make a small fee to sell half - he gains experience elsewhere - you have to buy the player back.
If he turns out bad, you can get rid of the other half of him, you don't make much. If he's good, you have to pay out to get the player back.

So the outcomes are:
If he's bad? You barely make anything on either a loan or a co-ownership as he is not of much value.
If he's good? With a loan you keep a good player, without costing you a thing. With co-ownership, you have to end up paying out to get him back.

I do not see one single upside with co-ownership. And I'm amazed that after the Marco situation we haven't learned from it and have done it again with Abate.

+Quote Post

Diavolo
post Jul 25 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #30

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 772

Because almost no one wants loaned players in their teams (every year it's more difficult to negotiate a loan, because the other team has no gain from that in the long run, so they at least try to make some money in short run and for small teams that's a big deal). It's co-ownership or nothing. If the player than remains in your team and doesn't play (just in coppa games - big deal) it's even more bad. You have to risk something in order to gain in the future and that has a price like all things in life.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:55 PM