> Honda, Keisuke Honda

han2503
post Dec 23 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #16

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Unless SES is on the pitch we should avoid a 4-3-1-2, Balo has shown us time and again that he does well when he's the furthest guy upfront. He's not good at being the second striker, and when you play someone like Pazzo or Matri you're either going to play them as a lone striker or as a prima punta in a 2 striker system, and in that type of system Balo would want to occupy the same positions.

So imo, we have 2 options. Either we go for a 4-2-3-1 and incorporate all of Kaka, Balo, Honda and SES or we got for a 4-3-2-1 and use Kaka and Honda behind Balo.

A 4-3-1-2 wouldn't make sense because then you're leaving out one of Kaka or Honda and imo, that makes absolutely no sense.

Anyways, don't know why we're even debating this, I'm sure Allegri will find fun and creative ways to ensure that all that talent at his disposal is wasted and we'll be treated to the Birsa show a couple more times this season I'm sure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 24 2013, 12:09 AM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 24 2013, 12:11 AM) *
Really? You, the fiercest critic of 4-3-1-2 want us to play that instead of a formation that gives us more creativity and width? I'm surprised.

4-3-2-1 gives us no width at all when those players are Kaka' and Honda.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 24 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #18

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 02:09 AM) *
4-3-2-1 gives us no width at all when those players are Kaka' and Honda.

But when han and I some time ago were saying we shouldn't play 4-3-3 because we don't have wingers, you said having wingers or not isn't really what makes 4-3-3 work, and that Aston Villa had been playing 4-3-3 properly without any real wingers. How's this different?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 24 2013, 08:32 AM
Post #19

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 24 2013, 02:03 AM) *
But when han and I some time ago were saying we shouldn't play 4-3-3 because we don't have wingers, you said having wingers or not isn't really what makes 4-3-3 work, and that Aston Villa had been playing 4-3-3 properly without any real wingers. How's this different?

Because it was with strikers, they occupy forward positions. Honda and Kaka' will both naturally drift inside and come back for the ball. This means Balo is going to be isolated and we'll be too narrow.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 24 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Well, no, I don't think Honda is the type of player who can win you games single-handedly. But he'll provide that amount of quality which we really, really lack.

I honestly don't think it's what we lack. We lack real class right now, above everything. Honda for me is an addition in quantity, not in quality.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 24 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #21

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Maybe maybe not. I'm inclined to agree with you, but I'll wait to see him in action first.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 24 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 10:32 AM) *
Because it was with strikers, they occupy forward positions. Honda and Kaka' will both naturally drift inside and come back for the ball. This means Balo is going to be isolated and we'll be too narrow.

So you'd prefer a headless chicken like Niang instead?

4-3-2-1 is clearly the formation that suits us best right now. That, or try 4-2-3-1.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2013, 11:52 AM) *
I honestly don't think it's what we lack. We lack real class right now, above everything. Honda for me is an addition in quantity, not in quality.

We lack many things, Fillipo. I'm not saying Honda will save the country, but it's the type of player we really need right now.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 24 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

What does he bring that we haven't got already with SES or Robinho? Granted, he might be more exprienced the SES and offers tactically different options. But I really don't see a big step forward with him.

But Jack is right. I might be jumping the gun here.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 24 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #24

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2013, 09:28 PM) *
But Jack is right. I might be jumping the gun here.

You probably are. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Just a tad. He offers that small select level of quality that we just could put to good use. And besides, a player like him never hurts. I've wanted us to sign him for years now, if only for the push he provides us in the Far East. Now whether we capitalize on his signing or not, time will tell.

But as a player, we could have done a lot worse, I tell you. Honda may not be class, but he's more than alright.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 24 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #25

But SES and Robinho are strikers, Honda is a midfielder. And he has more vision and than all our midfielders combined. That's why I'm saying we really need a player like him right now.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 24 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #26

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Plus, he brings free kicks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Something that SES and Robinho can only dream of.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 4 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #27

He's here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vnC5rHw4jA

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Jan 4 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2013, 05:52 AM) *

Then you have no idea how he can help us... I'll let you wait for the day berlu coughs up millions, because I certainly won't. Until then, We have gotten a very good trequartista for nothing. My only fear is that once our form picks up and honda is identified as a valuable asset (and perhaps an indispensable force for creation and vision in our midfield), we leave unlearned the lesson of coughing up a small chunk of dough for getting players 6 months earlier and actually APPEAR to give a f*** about the season. Confidence, whether infused in sport or in business, is an important asset and one that has not followed the current Milan - and when could a fanbase ever be confident when it`s FO won't allow their team the seriousness it deserves.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 4 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #29

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I'm a little excited. sham on me, ha?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 4 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I won't lie, seeing a new face here has got me excited myself.

(IMG:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdJ5WeQCEAABT5M.jpg)

Welcome to AC Milan Keisuke Honda.

Really hope we go that 3-1 formation discussed last year.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 PM