> Serie A - Week 29 - Milan - Genoa, Date: 18/03/17 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Mar 17 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

A must win if we want to keep up pace. We have a couple of do-able fixtures coming up, before the derby, we need to make sure not to lose any points in them
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 17 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

I am beginning to tentatively believe a top 5 place is not COMPLETELY out of the question, but every match is now more important than the last. Which just makes this season increasingly stressful.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 18 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Am I the only one who doesn't care whether we make the Europa League or not?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 18 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 18 2017, 12:26 PM) *
Am I the only one who doesn't care whether we make the Europa League or not?

Yes, you may well be. I haven't had European football football with either of my clubs since we lost to Barca in 2013. Four years. Pretty sure that's when it was, and what it was. So it would be nice. Other than summer trashings in those Champions Cup things and one away trip for Rangers to Leipzig I've had no real continental football.

I miss it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Let's see if Mati can last more than 15 minutes

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Nope, it looks like Berto is about to break his own record for least amount of time spent on the pitch...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Has the ref lost his yellow card?

Watch him give us one on our first foul

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

MATIIII

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Important 3 points, could have done more to finish them off but overall it was an uneventful and professional display

Pescara and Palermo up next, we need to make sure to get max points out of those before the derby. International break coming up next though, hopefully it doesn't kill our momentum

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 18 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Poor Han was left completely on his own in this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It was, with a truly awful XI, probably the most comfortable win I can remember in many years. Absolute stroll, and I'd take that every week.

Mati had a good one, Deu was hit and miss, and Ocampos worked hard, even if he totally lacks composure and intelligence.

But how bad are Genoa, seriously. That must be the worst side I've seen at San Siro in a long, long time.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Mar 18 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

I was at the game! My first Milan game! We definitely should have finished them off earlier but we were solidly in control all game. I love Ocampos's work rate but he is an awful finisher. We really missed Sosa and his passing. Way too many back passes and playing around at the back. Very frustrating. Deulofeo is fantastic at times but he needs help. Anyways, an important win.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 18 2017, 11:13 PM) *
Poor Han was left completely on his own in this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It was, with a truly awful XI, probably the most comfortable win I can remember in many years. Absolute stroll, and I'd take that every week.

Mati had a good one, Deu was hit and miss, and Ocampos worked hard, even if he totally lacks composure and intelligence.

But how bad are Genoa, seriously. That must be the worst side I've seen at San Siro in a long, long time.

Yeah, I was so lonely I took a double shot of vodka and went to sleep right after (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Genoa have been up and down all season. They beat us and Juve handily but they've also been pretty terrible at times.

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Mar 18 2017, 11:14 PM) *
I was at the game! My first Milan game! We definitely should have finished them off earlier but we were solidly in control all game. I love Ocampos's work rate but he is an awful finisher. We really missed Sosa and his passing. Way too many back passes and playing around at the back. Very frustrating. Deulofeo is fantastic at times but he needs help. Anyways, an important win.

Congrats! It's great isn't it. Walking into the stadium when it's full is a surreal experience (I went to the Juve game this year and it was an amazing experience)

And agreed about the back passes and sideways passes. Paletta and Zapata probablu have the highest passing stat on the team, the constant back and fourth between them and Locatelli was incredibly tedious. Sosa, Mati and Bona are our only mids who always look to make the forward pass

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:19 AM