+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 13 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Sosa has at least sparked life into our game. I don't understand why Montella doesn't utilise his abiities
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 13 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

Why are we pleased with a draw ?!

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 13 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Nazionali

This Vangioni is everything but a football player. Why doesn't he try to find himself another hobby ?

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 13 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

FT 1-1

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Feb 13 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 13 2017, 06:37 PM) *

We looked like crap for the first 60 minutes and a draw is decent result all things considered.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 13 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 14 2017, 12:44 AM) *
We looked like crap for the first 60 minutes and a draw is decent result all things considered.

Yeah but we were not that bad in the end and Lazio players were so afraid, we could have put more pressure. Did u see how Suso took that corner? Like he has 1 leg amputated.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 13 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Yeah, those last 8 or so minutes were more frustrating than that first half, if that's even possible. I don't understand why they didn't push harder for the win in the end, I guess they were just relieved that we didn't lose... Although how that attitude is acceptable is beyond me.

Anyway, this was always going to be a tough one, so not losing here is a good thing, and in all honesty, we should have lost this considering how we played. Fiorentina up next so another difficult one while we have a decimated squad

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 14 2017, 06:14 AM
Post #24

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 14 2017, 05:07 AM) *

Because we played essentially a fourth choice defence with a left flank who've probably not even sat for dinner together before this match. Against a team higher than us in the standings at full strength and at home.

So all in all, I'm really pleased. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 14 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yeah. Not that it leads us somewhere, but...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 14 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #26

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

What saddened me last night was not the result, because frankly this Milan going to Rome and getting a point is an achievement these days, but simply the sad side of what our team now is.

Not a single player who lined up for us was even 'normal' Milan squad quality, with Gigio and Abate the only contenders.

It was literally the most depressing XI I have ever seen us start with, Donna, Abate, Zapata, Gomez, Vangioni, Locatelli, Pasalic, Poli, Deulofeu, DeCampos, Suso.

I have never looked at a Milan XI with less sadness than I did last night, and while the guys did try hard enough, the utter absence of even a semblance of proper Milan quality was so, so overwhelming. Suso did one good thing, and was otherwise absolutely useless. That Sosa was our best player on the night summed up that a Besiktas reject is now the pinnacle of our squad.

There's not a lot to like about Milan right now, and there's little Montella can really do. Add the fact that Bacca and he clearly have had a massive fall out and it really is such a feeble era at Milanello. It's actually worse now than the Milan we had after 2012. What we have is a good manager, for all the mistakes he has undeniably made, who is stopping the rot festering into something even worse than the Pippo era. This team would be getting relegated under Pippo. But they do at least try/play for their manager.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 15 2017, 06:50 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

^^

Nah you're right. But I think you have to admit that this was to borrow Sacchi's term , ' a reserve squad'. And it was an exemplary performance from them.

I think barring the Bayerns and Madrids, most team's reserve squads will look shorn of quality just like ours.

Montella for me has been the find of the season. The way he's letting youth develop, seems to suggest he has a long term plan. I would love for us to reach EL this season and then have the club put in the money for him to buy the players he need.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 15 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #28

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 15 2017, 06:50 AM) *
^^

Nah you're right. But I think you have to admit that this was to borrow Sacchi's term , ' a reserve squad'. And it was an exemplary performance from them.

I think barring the Bayerns and Madrids, most team's reserve squads will look shorn of quality just like ours.

Montella for me has been the find of the season. The way he's letting youth develop, seems to suggest he has a long term plan. I would love for us to reach EL this season and then have the club put in the money for him to buy the players he need.

Only Jack, Luca and Romagnoli would have made that team 'stronger'. That's what we whined about for months - that the players in the XI were too close in quality to the bench. And not in the way a Madrid can boast.

But yes, Montella, if not perfect, has certainly impressed. Although he's letting youth develop because he's got no money to do anything else.

That said; who are all the youth players to break through under him? I count only Locatelli?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 16 2017, 07:02 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2017, 07:29 PM) *
Only Jack, Luca and Romagnoli would have made that team 'stronger'. That's what we whined about for months - that the players in the XI were too close in quality to the bench. And not in the way a Madrid can boast.

But yes, Montella, if not perfect, has certainly impressed. Although he's letting youth develop because he's got no money to do anything else.

That said; who are all the youth players to break through under him? I count only Locatelli?

When you say Luca and Romagnoli - we've pretty much upgraded 50% of that defence. FWIW, Paletta with Romagnoli is a different proposition from Gomez/Zapata. Maybe it boils down to chemistry picked up thanks to games together but it is what it is.

I think one of either Bertolacci or Kucka would have made a positive impact in that midfield. I really was liking how Berto was picking up steam and making some really quiet but decisive improvements in quality.

Reg. youth growth -

I consider Donnarumma to have grown much beyond what he showed under Mihajlovic.

I count Suso's growth. He's developed far beyond what he showed in Genoa.

De Sciglio was picking up form again and looking good, then he got injured.

Romagnoli also much improved. He's playing out from the centre much more and is far more crucial to us.

So including Locatelli that makes 4.5 players (De Sciglio being half) who's shown improvement with Montella.

Finally the grit we're showing. I don't know if it's the coach or if it's the players just being tired of being called mediocre and written off, but it's happening positively.

I only hope this new management of Mirabelli doesn't screw up this positive momentum. Already rumours are floating that they're trying to land Mancini along with spending 120 MM. I'd be pissed if that's the case.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 17 2017, 03:44 AM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 16 2017, 07:02 AM) *
When you say Luca and Romagnoli - we've pretty much upgraded 50% of that defence. FWIW, Paletta with Romagnoli is a different proposition from Gomez/Zapata. Maybe it boils down to chemistry picked up thanks to games together but it is what it is.

I think one of either Bertolacci or Kucka would have made a positive impact in that midfield. I really was liking how Berto was picking up steam and making some really quiet but decisive improvements in quality.

Reg. youth growth -

I consider Donnarumma to have grown much beyond what he showed under Mihajlovic.

I count Suso's growth. He's developed far beyond what he showed in Genoa.

De Sciglio was picking up form again and looking good, then he got injured.

Romagnoli also much improved. He's playing out from the centre much more and is far more crucial to us.

So including Locatelli that makes 4.5 players (De Sciglio being half) who's shown improvement with Montella.

Finally the grit we're showing. I don't know if it's the coach or if it's the players just being tired of being called mediocre and written off, but it's happening positively.

I only hope this new management of Mirabelli doesn't screw up this positive momentum. Already rumours are floating that they're trying to land Mancini along with spending 120 MM. I'd be pissed if that's the case.

Paletta has been making a great number of errors recently - he seems to have lost the edge he had. We don't seem to have a reliable CB partnership now alas. Berto is garbage, sorry no one is changing my mind on that - and Kucka's form is agony right now.

And I think you missed my point re: youth. It's not the existing players I'm on about, it's the new ones. And under Montella there's been basically none. He's given an extended chance to those already in the first team, on the basis of us having no one else, which is hardly the same thing.

And Romagnoli was signed for roughly 20M from elsewhere - you can't count him. He's not one of ours.

You're also not getting away with slipping MDS in there! Nice try though.

Suso was spectacular from September to November. Otherwise a few moments of individual craft here and there, he's just not got it. I bought into him but he's a left footed one trick pony who cannot take a set piece for his life. He's also not very quick. His entire game is one-off dribbles and either a miss or a goal. Which is fine for a system which plays to that but right now ours is not and opponents got wise to him a long time ago. Until he broadens his game and does more than his limited range he will never be the world beater he's threatening to be. I fear he peaked v Inter.

Gigio again isn't Montella's and doesn't count.

Locatelli is the only 'success' and I'm not buying his quality either - he lacks confidence and composure. I stand by the concept that Milan is too big for him.

The one thing we agree on here is the grit under Montella - we have shown fight which has pleased me a great deal.

And you're telling me a Serie A and EPL winner with 120M or more to spend and the possible arrival of Aguero is a bad thing?!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:29 PM