4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coppa Italia - Quarter Finals - Juventus - Milan, Date: 25/01/2017 Time: 21:00 CET

Forza Milan!
post Jan 26 2017, 12:32 AM
Post #46

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 25 2017, 11:50 PM) *
Why should I?

We've had a rough couple of weeks no doubt about that but look at the teams we've faced. Aside from Crotone none of them are what you'd call a walk in the park.

Look we were bound to face struggles at certain points during the season, it's simply unrealistic to expect this team to keep the pace we set up for ourselves during the first half of the season (which was on pace with our last Scudetto winning season btw). We don't have the quality, the depth or the strength in said depth.

If we win the next 3 games in the league (which is doable if we don't mess up) Udine, Samp and the game in hand against Bologna, we're back in business.

There will always be ebbs and flows when you don't have a squad that's as filled with quality to the brim and as well drilled as Juve are (and even they are struggling a bit for consistency this season), we're experiencing a bit of a down turn atm, but I have absolute faith in Montella to turn it around. These last couple of games we've played (against the 2 best teams in the league and a truly dogged Torino side) have shown how resilient this team has become under Montella and how truly ready to fight they are. There were points in that second half when we almost turned it around there against Juve at home with 10 men. Before this season we would have lain down and got absolutely spanked in that type of scenario

I understand your concerns, don't think that I'm not worried about a scenario similar to the one you've painted happening, sure I'm worried that this team has already given all it has to offer and is just running on empty now, but I choose to have a little more faith for now. And if it turns out that I'm wrong, I won't be crushed, it's not like this is the first wasted season we've gone through. We've just been given hope thanks to Montella and the work he's done with this team. Give him a proper squad next season and I'm confident we'll do very well

+1

I think EL is still possible, CL rather unlikely. But we cannot afford to drop more points, especially against "lesser teams". I am concerned about recent results, but Montella has shown he can pull the team back together, and hopefully he will do just that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jan 26 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #47

Milanfan to Death

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11

+1

I absolutely agree. Coming back to draw against Torino, almost making a comeback against Napoli and Juventus are something we would have not been able to manage in the past 2-3 seasons. I see fighting spirit in our team which was almost non-existent before. This team will not back down easily. I think we will recover in the next fixtures.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:12 PM