> Serie A 2019/2020 season, All Milan games in Serie A

Danny
post Mar 8 2020, 04:48 PM
Post #796

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 8 2020, 04:45 PM) *
Bennacer is good man, I don't know why you're so fixated with him.

Me? Hope not, because this is literally the first time I've talked about him haha.

(PS it's because Italy has the highest number of old people in Europe. You know what I'm talking about. So don't panic or worry).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 8 2020, 05:14 PM
Post #797

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 8 2020, 04:05 PM) *
Bennacer is garbage, never took to him.

But I'll say this:

I've NEVER seen a club official twitter criticise the team before, like they have today.

Bennacer has been one of our most consistently good performers throughout this season, one off game does not change that And it was the entire team that was bad. Even Theo made the initial mistake that lead to the first goal.

Anyway, the game was just lifeless. We played badly, probably our worst performance in a while, but I was expecting it. All the starts and stops with the scheduling, going to Turin mid-week and then being told the game is postponed just when the players arrived.

All this does not help us, especially when we were finally starting to gain form and play well

Add to all that the sh!t show behind the scenes with Boban and Gazidis, and Rangnik practically being confirmed for next season while Pioli is still trying to do the job he was brought in to do, and you have the perfect recipe for what we saw today. I don't really blame this on the players. There is just too much upheaval and uncertainty surrounding them.

Aside from all that, I hope all you are well and being vigilant about this virus but this mass hysteria is really just making things worse.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 8 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #798

Allievi Nazionali

Real epidemic is panic.

This is a flu bug ffs. One we admittedly don't have PREVENTATIVE treatment for, but like all flu once you have it you just need to get it through your system.

It's beyond disgraceful how the media and governments have portrayed and dealt with it.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 9 2020, 03:42 PM
Post #799

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 9 2020, 12:51 AM) *
Real epidemic is panic.

This is a flu bug ffs. One we admittedly don't have PREVENTATIVE treatment for, but like all flu once you have it you just need to get it through your system.

It's beyond disgraceful how the media and governments have portrayed and dealt with it.

Though I agree the media is painting a grim picture here, but this virus is no ordinary flu bug Danny.

If your immune system is good, then there is a very good chance when you do contract the virus you will probably get it through your system as you stated. However, if you carry the virus and transmit to someone with a bad immune system, then there is no cure and it is fatal.

So the key point here should be it depends on your immune system. And I believe that is where it becomes tricky.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 9 2020, 11:10 PM
Post #800

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 9 2020, 03:42 PM) *
Though I agree the media is painting a grim picture here, but this virus is no ordinary flu bug Danny.

If your immune system is good, then there is a very good chance when you do contract the virus you will probably get it through your system as you stated. However, if you carry the virus and transmit to someone with a bad immune system, then there is

And herein is the misinformation - what you just described is ALL flu bugs. Sadly, people with weak immune systems and the elderly die from flu at this time of the year. The difference with this one is there's no vaccination yet. That's all.

no cure and it is fatal.

There's never been a cure for any strain of flu. Only preventative vaccines.

So the key point here should be it depends on your immune system. And I believe that is where it becomes tricky.

That's why I asked X if he had underlying health issues. If you don't, you're not at risk. Of feeling anything other than feeling badly unwell.

But that's applicable to all strains of flu, not just COVID19.

This post has been edited by Danny: Mar 9 2020, 11:11 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 10 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #801

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

The problem is how highly contagious it is. The insane number of patients in northern Italy has been creating an absolute chaos. And it's slowly spreading everywhere. And it's not something you can just shrug off at home, you need proper medical attention because it causes serious respiratory complications that if not properly cared for, could become dangerous.

It's an epidemic, regardless of how you see it. And it's a serious issue.

What bugs is how easily people fall into panic. Lines and lines in supermarkets raiding everything, as if it's the zombie apocalypse or something. Jeez...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 10 2020, 07:32 AM
Post #802

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 10 2020, 01:28 AM) *
The problem is how highly contagious it is. The insane number of patients in northern Italy has been creating an absolute chaos. And it's slowly spreading everywhere. And it's not something you can just shrug off at home, you need proper medical attention because it causes serious respiratory complications that if not properly cared for, could become dangerous.

It's an epidemic, regardless of how you see it. And it's a serious issue.

No it's not, not strictly. There's a reason Italy's struggling more than any other nation - you have the most number of elderly in Europe - by quite a distance. This is just a horrible flu bug killing the vulnerable as any does - the simple difference here is there's no vaccine. Yet.

What bugs is how easily people fall into panic. Lines and lines in supermarkets raiding everything, as if it's the zombie apocalypse or something. Jeez...

That's the media using this bug for attention, for traffic to fund their sponsors and adverts.

No one cares when 200 Syrians get blown up or 50 Palestinians die or 60 Isralis - so the news doesn't bother with those stories.

But they do care when there's an apparent new superbug killing folk close to home in Europe and there's no 'cure'. So that's a goldmine for news outlets. It wouldn't even have made the news in Europe had it not been for our people being in Wuhan and needing to be brought home.

All about profit and picking and choosing what stories are worth attention.

And it leads to panic buying. And panic reactions. The sooner this f*cking story fades and people can calm down the better.

I mean we even had our Prime Minister showing folk how to wash their hands. As if that stops you getting the flu. And the masks too, they're useless.

All of these things only stop the infected spreading it further, and by the time you're diagnosed, you already have.

This post has been edited by Danny: Mar 10 2020, 07:34 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 11 2020, 01:03 PM
Post #803

Allievi Nazionali

So, Italian football done till next month. Possibly the season to be cancelled. Safe to say this forum will be even deader than it currently is.

Best wishes to you all and while I'll still check in, I doubt I'll see anyone.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 12 2020, 12:49 AM
Post #804

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 10 2020, 07:32 AM) *
No it's not, not strictly. There's a reason Italy's struggling more than any other nation - you have the most number of elderly in Europe - by quite a distance. This is just a horrible flu bug killing the vulnerable as any does - the simple difference here is there's no vaccine. Yet.
ยง

That's the media using this bug for attention, for traffic to fund their sponsors and adverts.

No one cares when 200 Syrians get blown up or 50 Palestinians die or 60 Isralis - so the news doesn't bother with those stories.

But they do care when there's an apparent new superbug killing folk close to home in Europe and there's no 'cure'. So that's a goldmine for news outlets. It wouldn't even have made the news in Europe had it not been for our people being in Wuhan and needing to be brought home.

All about profit and picking and choosing what stories are worth attention.

And it leads to panic buying. And panic reactions. The sooner this f*cking story fades and people can calm down the better.

I mean we even had our Prime Minister showing folk how to wash their hands. As if that stops you getting the flu. And the masks too, they're useless.

All of these things only stop the infected spreading it further, and by the time you're diagnosed, you already have.

I know people who work in hospitals in Milan. They say the media don't tell the full story. This is much worse than what the general public is aware of. There's a huge number of youngsters in their 20s who have severe pneumonia and need respirators. It's not just the elderly.

WHO just declared it a pandemic, the deaths in Italy only for today 12 March were 196. The prime minister issued a decree that closes everything, and I mean everything in the whole country. Only pharmacies and supermarkets remain open. It's going to be a struggle.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 12 2020, 11:37 AM
Post #805

Allievi Nazionali

Media haven't told any story. They've given next to no data on the nature of the sufferers.

PS how many of those youngsters are smokers...

EDIT: I don't mean to sound a cold b*tch, I am aware of the dangerous situation here, but this virus is finite - it's stopped growing in Wuhan, in China, because of the lockdown.

Unfortunately that's what Europe needs to do.

A complete lockdown on air travel between nations and lots of self isolation for the next month.

This post has been edited by Danny: Mar 12 2020, 11:43 AM

+Quote Post

William405
post Mar 18 2020, 11:55 PM
Post #806

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Hello guys,

Hope everyone is safe. Stay at home.

Special thoughts to our members in Italy.. Take care.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 19 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #807

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Agreed. Everyone be safe and hold on.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 19 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #808

Allievi Nazionali

Best wishes to you all. Stay indoors, be responsible, and take the measures.

This thing will pass if we're diligent.

Good luck people.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 9 2020, 12:57 PM
Post #809

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Just checking in... Hope you guys are keeping well and everyone is good.

Stay safe & stay as positive as you can during these uncertain times.

There are many negatives to be highlighted at this time, but I think if we look deep enough we can find our silver linings. Let's use this time to develop our compassion and comradeship.

We're all going to face this with varying degrees of difficulty, due to the challenges it provides us with personally and depending on how conditioned (strong) our mindset is, but...

Suffering without growth would be a shame, so let's not miss whatever lessons these circumstances provide us with along the way (individually & collectively).

Our best chance to overcome this is together. Help whoever you can (& that includes yourself). If you are struggling in anyway (even if that means mentally or emotionally, do not feel ashamed to reach out to someone for help).

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 13 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #810

Allievi Nazionali

Hi Trini, good to see you. I too have been checking in occasionally.

He's not been posting but X is ok, and I couldn't tell you about the others.

Unfortunately in the UK this has brought out the worst in people - you discover someone's true character when they're under pressure in a crisis, and the UK population is not holding itself well.

So while I wish it was the time for people to change in a good way, it's mostly the opposite. For every one kind soul trying to help their elderley neighbour with shopping, there's 10 barging past people in the supermarket, ignoring government guidelines and generally behaving poorly.

But, hopefully this thing will pass sooner rather than later, but unfortunately I have kind of already written this whole year off.

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:41 PM