> Silva, AndrĂ© Miguel Valente da Silva

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 27 2017, 06:56 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

(IMG:http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10610830.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/xxxxxxx1.jpg)

André Silva

Role: attacker
Jersey: #9
Birth date: 06/11/1995
Birth place: Baguim do Monte, Portugal
Height: 185 cm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jul 27 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #2

Milanfan to Death

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11

Number 9 was worn by Inzaghi. Let's hope he can make the same impact.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 27 2017, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (amancik @ Jul 27 2017, 12:10 PM) *
Number 9 was worn by Inzaghi. Let's hope he can make the same impact.

Completely different kind of player mind you. But we can only hope.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 27 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

We'll see. Getting a proven goal scorer this summer will be very important for Andre's development. We simply cannot rely solely on him for the goals. He's definitely not ready and to load on that kind of pressure on him would be counter productive for us

I like what I've seen from him, he definitely has a high footballing IQ and a great touch. But if he'll be able to adapt to the league and really click with the team is another thing altogether

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 4 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Scored the winning goal tonight for Portugal.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 4 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Great. After New Zealand, Andorra, the Faroe Islands, Latvia and Cyprus he scored his second against Hungary.

On a more serious note, I've seen the match (Hungary-Portugal). Silva seems like the anti-Cutrone. Clumsy in finish, very unpredictable in a negative sense, etc. He reminded me of Gilardino from his worst angle, if you guys remember. I still haven't come even near a final assessment regarding him, but...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 4 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2017, 08:36 AM) *
Great. After New Zealand, Andorra, the Faroe Islands, Latvia and Cyprus he scored his second against Hungary.

On a more serious note, I've seen the match (Hungary-Portugal). Silva seems like the anti-Cutrone. Clumsy in finish, very unpredictable in a negative sense, etc. He reminded me of Gilardino from his worst angle, if you guys remember. I still haven't come even near a final assessment regarding him, but...

Wow, it's like you guys want him to fail.

Also, what do you mean his second? He's scored 9 goals in 15 games with Portugal thus far.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

The anti-Silva agenda you and Danny have going on is really unsettling.

Like x-off said, it's like you guys want him to fail just so you can be the ones to say I told you so.

His finishing is the only aspect of his game that needs work. I'd hardly compare him to Gila considering Silva is a complete forward while Gila could barely run with the ball

His record with Portugal so far is impeccable, especially for someone his age.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 5 2017, 01:53 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2017, 09:20 PM) *

Like x-off said, it's like you guys want him to fail just so you can be the ones to say I told you so.

His finishing is the only aspect of his game that needs work. I'd hardly compare him to Gila considering Silva is a complete forward while Gila could barely run with the ball

Actually his finishing is fine imo, look his games with Portugal and his game vs Shkendija. You can see that he has the sense for the goal. Once he plays more and gets more balls for him you will see him score. Every time he comes in, its close to the end of the game and the team is not pushing, yet he creates chances for himself.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 5 2017, 06:54 AM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 5 2017, 01:53 AM) *
Actually his finishing is fine imo, look his games with Portugal and his game vs Shkendija. You can see that he has the sense for the goal. Once he plays more and gets more balls for him you will see him score. Every time he comes in, its close to the end of the game and the team is not pushing, yet he creates chances for himself.

Compared to where Cutrone is, I think he still needs to improve

Cutrone is ice cold in front of goal. Silva is just better overall and he contributes much more to the overall game than Cutrone, but Cutrone is a predator. And while I see great movement and positioning from Silva, his finishing needs polishing.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Sep 5 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

I think perhaps folks are being a bit harsh on Silva. Yes, he hasn't been stellar so far for Milan. However, he's just transferred to a new league, where a new language is spoken and where the culture is different.

I'd give the guy some time to adjust before writing him off.

Some guys - Rodriguez this year for example - hit the ground running when they move clubs and leagues. Other guys need time, and it seems Silva falls in this category.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 5 2017, 01:01 PM) *
However, he's just transferred to a new league, where a new language is spoken and where the culture is different.

This seems to escape most people.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2017, 08:25 PM) *
Wow, it's like you guys want him to fail.

Also, what do you mean his second? He's scored 9 goals in 15 games with Portugal thus far.

What makes you think I want him to fail man? Now come on, we've all started overreacting. Someone (was it you?) said Silva scored for Portugal. I just decided to jump in, remind that practically all his goals came against weak opposition half jokingly and made a more serious comment on his play, which I actually watched (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2017, 09:20 PM) *

Again, what exactly makes my statements that vicious that you conclude I almost want him to fail? I think you two are going too far now. Put my words in context. I haven't compared Silva to Gilardino; they have little to be compared with in the first place. I just said he reminded me of him.

You know that vibe Inzaghi had all his career long? Where you virtually knew when he was in the zone and would score. Even a old Pippo against Real Madrid or in his last game - you just knew it. Remember the vibe Gila gave? The almost certain no-decider vibe? He'd score a hattrick against Lazio but you still knew somehow that he's not clicking. He scored actually a lot of goals, most of them not as important as the ones Inzaghi, Crespo or Sheva scored. Well that's the vibe I've picked on Silva.

So why do you people want to see more to it than it actually is? Who said anything about him being automatically a failure. There's plenty of time, and maybe he'll become the next Aubameyang or the next Inzaghi.

As for his record, yes - impressive. If you look at the teams he's scored against however, it's a bit less impressing. That's all.

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 5 2017, 03:01 PM) *
I think perhaps folks are being a bit harsh on Silva. Yes, he hasn't been stellar so far for Milan. However, he's just transferred to a new league, where a new language is spoken and where the culture is different.

I'd give the guy some time to adjust before writing him off.

Some guys - Rodriguez this year for example - hit the ground running when they move clubs and leagues. Other guys need time, and it seems Silva falls in this category.

Ugh, well, he hasn't been anything for Milan yet. And it's not his fault. To get a valid assessment of Silva I have to see him play in Serie A and Europe League. Against this amateurish Macedonian team he played good, that's one plus. But he still has a lot to show. I'm actually not harsh on him, I'm just lowering the expectations.

If you look at his stats superficially he seems like a monster. When you put the data in context, he seems fine. I was just commenting his Portugal game.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2017, 05:04 PM) *
This seems to escape most people.

Really? When commenting on a PORTUGAL game? Invalid argument I'd say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 7 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #14

It seems like both you and Danny have this unfounded skepticism towards him. What gives you the Gila vibe? You've barely seen him play. His stats are good. A hunch is the best way I would describe your feelings, nothing more. And I don't know why it's a negative one.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 7 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 7 2017, 11:11 AM) *
It seems like both you and Danny have this unfounded skepticism towards him. What gives you the Gila vibe? You've barely seen him play. His stats are good. A hunch is the best way I would describe your feelings, nothing more. And I don't know why it's a negative one.

I'm a bit skeptical, that's all. I somehow fear the main buy with Andre Silva was in fact Jorge Mendes. I think we overpaid Porto because the kid hasn't got that kind of stellar stats: solid league score ratio, solid CL score ratio. Most of the goals he scored were not that big of a deal. I've watched him now several times for Portugal and he never impressed me. I can acknowledge his work rate and passing, but that's usually a bad sign IMO when talking about a potentially big striker.

Why the Gila vibe? Mainly because he tends to be clumsy in front of goal. He reminded me of Gilardino because Gila was a unique player in the way that he managed to miss great chances or appear clumsy even though he had exemptional technique and skills. This is what I see in Silva: very good skills and technique, but poor reaction and that certain striker-intelligence.

But well, we'll see. He's still young and has still lots of time do adapt. I remain skeptical for now and will watch him closely.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:51 AM