> Çalhanoğlu, Hakan Çalhanoğlu

Danny
post Aug 20 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #31

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 19 2017, 01:39 PM) *
Bonucci is a great signing in several ways. We get a top player, a commander and player with a winning-mentality which we were lacking for years and all that brushed off from our main opponents. I'd call this a real good deal, no need to whine over it.

I still say that while it was a colossal signing, it was a strange situation because either we go three at the back or we bench one defender. And it'll never be the captain and I can't see Musacchio being here to be benched so it's Romagnoli.

And he will not be content with that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 20 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 19 2017, 11:38 PM) *
Can't disagree with this. Defending isn't what it was 10 years ago. The world's best defender? Bonucci is among them but the best now are simply not comparable with the guys you mention above.

IMO it's completely inappropriate, comparing them or mentioning them at all. Another time, another football. Today we don't have Cannavaro or Nesta and no one can know how they would do against Ronaldo, Messi, etc. Bonucci is one of the 5 best defenders in the world right now and that's what matters.

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 20 2017, 05:59 PM) *
I still say that while it was a colossal signing, it was a strange situation because either we go three at the back or we bench one defender. And it'll never be the captain and I can't see Musacchio being here to be benched so it's Romagnoli.

And he will not be content with that.

Well, these are the situations a coach should handle. So far Romagnoli has been out with an injury. We'll see how things evolve.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2017, 08:39 AM
Post #33

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 20 2017, 06:26 PM) *
IMO it's completely inappropriate, comparing them or mentioning them at all. Another time, another football. Today we don't have Cannavaro or Nesta and no one can know how they would do against Ronaldo, Messi, etc. Bonucci is one of the 5 best defenders in the world right now and that's what matters.

Well, these are the situations a coach should handle. So far Romagnoli has been out with an injury. We'll see how things evolve.

I think we've seen how Nesta does against Messi

And this was during the twilight of his career while Messi was about to hit his peek

(IMG:http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Nesta.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 21 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #34

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 21 2017, 10:39 AM) *
I think we've seen how Nesta does against Messi

And this was during the twilight of his career while Messi was about to hit his peek

(IMG:http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Nesta.gif)

Indeed. So the assessment cannot be conclusive. And I remember Messi putting in one or two goals as well. So, there's really no debate here. Different times, different tactics and plays. The fact that Bonucci can pass and build up the game from behind like a defender-metronome is what counts in today's tactics. If it were oldfashioned tactics and criteria to be implemented, I'd probably argue that Ciro Ferrara, Billy Costacurta, Beppe Bergomi, Paolo Montero and a few other cats like them are much better then Bonucci. But old arguments and criteria really don't count here.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:39 AM