The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I will play too!

Sure of success: Musacchio, Bonucci, Kessie

Almost completely sure of success: Biglia, Calhanoglu, Rodriguez

Question marks: Conti, Silva

Sure of failure: Borini

A bit on the fence on Rodriguez to be honest, but I think he'll succeed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 31 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 31 2017, 07:45 PM) *
So, we agree or we dont? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

On this one, we do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 31 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #18

So, you're not alone on Silva after all, Danny...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 1 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Poor Hakan, completely hijacked his thread...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 1 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #20

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Fine. We're hijacking this thread, but I'm a mod who likes to watch the world burn...

Sure of success: Kessie, Biglia

Almost completely sure of success: Bonucci, Mussachio, Rodriguez

Question marks: Conti, Silva, HK10, Borini

Sure of failure: han2503 picking up a girl on a wild Saturday night out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Bonucci is not a sure thing for me - first because the expectations of this transfer have become too astronomical, second he's not the greatest stopper in the world. His ability to playmake is often used as cover for his less than stellar defensive ability. But he performs well in a unit and I think his partnership with Mussachio is one I'm keen to watch. Mussachio has amazing anticipation for someone playing in a new team.

I'm not considering Borini a failure because we knew precisely what we were getting with him. He's not been brought in to score goals. He's been brought in to work like a dog and tire out the flanks and the defenders while our creatives and scorers take advantage of it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 1 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #21

Primavera
Group Icon

Score goals? I think Borini scored as much goals in 10 years as Gilardino in two seasons, no?

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 1 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

While we're hijacking, why are folks so unsure of Conti? I thought he was quite good last year for Atalanta. Is it because his attacking runs leave him exposed sometimes?

My list:

Sure of Success: Kessie, Bonucci, Musacchio
Almost Completely Sure of Success: Biglia, Rodriguez, Conti
Question Marks: Hakan, Silva, Borini
No Cookies for You: Anyone in an Inert shirt.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 1 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2017, 04:12 PM) *
Score goals? I think Borini scored as much goals in 10 years as Gilardino in two seasons, no?

Yes. Easily. Gilardino was like Belotti level next big thing after that season at Parma actually he had two epic seasons where he scored 23 goals back to back. And then he was with Milan, where in his first season he scored 17 goals in 34 games.

But this was my point, Borini was not brought in as a goal scorer. He'll play for us in our less important matches, and maybe in the Coppa Italia games and such.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 1 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 1 2017, 09:40 AM) *
Bonucci is not a sure thing for me - first because the expectations of this transfer have become too astronomical, second he's not the greatest stopper in the world. His ability to playmake is often used as cover for his less than stellar defensive ability. But he performs well in a unit and I think his partnership with Mussachio is one I'm keen to watch. Mussachio has amazing anticipation for someone playing in a new team.

Good point. Bonucci is a great defender, but I think his signing has been massively overhyped by both media and fans. He's neither Nesta nor Cannavaro. I can see why he'a considered one of the best if not the best CB around at the moment, but the quality of centrebacks nowadays has declined massively compared to 10-15 years ago. Modern football is all about attacking and less about defending.

That being said, I see no reason why Bonucci won't succeed. Of course his performance will be tightly linked to that of the team as a whole.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 18 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #25

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 1 2017, 12:45 AM) *
I will play too!

Sure of success: Musacchio, Bonucci, Kessie

Almost completely sure of success: Biglia, Calhanoglu, Rodriguez

Question marks: Conti, Silva

Sure of failure: Borini

A bit on the fence on Rodriguez to be honest, but I think he'll succeed.

Borini's work rate last game was not bad at all.. i think he will be a good squad player , sure he failed in England but he never really fit in that league not many Italians succeed there.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 19 2017, 08:42 AM
Post #26

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 1 2017, 05:21 PM) *
Good point. Bonucci is a great defender, but I think his signing has been massively overhyped by both media and fans. He's neither Nesta nor Cannavaro. I can see why he'a considered one of the best if not the best CB around at the moment, but the quality of centrebacks nowadays has declined massively compared to 10-15 years ago. Modern football is all about attacking and less about defending.

That being said, I see no reason why Bonucci won't succeed. Of course his performance will be tightly linked to that of the team as a whole.

Well the Bonucci transfer has been hyped because of two factors, not just one; that he's obviously a great player and top 3 in his position imo

But it's also because we took him off of Juve. After years of getting Ls from them, with the Tevez saga, the Matri transfer, the ghost Mustari goal, Pirlo, etc, etc. We finally got one over on them and man does it hurt them.

I think that's a major factor of why fans have been so overjoyed about Bonucci, it's because he represents so much more for Milan than just getting a top class player (which we didn't think we'd be able to get before the summer started, and not just Bonucci but any top tier player)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 19 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

Bonucci is a great signing in several ways. We get a top player, a commander and player with a winning-mentality which we were lacking for years and all that brushed off from our main opponents. I'd call this a real good deal, no need to whine over it.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 19 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 19 2017, 08:09 PM) *
Bonucci is a great signing in several ways. We get a top player, a commander and player with a winning-mentality which we were lacking for years and all that brushed off from our main opponents. I'd call this a real good deal, no need to whine over it.

No whining, except for Ry4n. But when this topic came up, we'd just bought Bonucci and it was peak of Fassobelli mania. People were talking as if we were going to win the scudetto as a matter of course.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 19 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 1 2017, 05:21 PM) *

Can't disagree with this. Defending isn't what it was 10 years ago. The world's best defender? Bonucci is among them but the best now are simply not comparable with the guys you mention above.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 20 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #30

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 19 2017, 04:39 PM) *

Bonucci is a great signing. The impact will be huge, he adds experience and leadership.

The issue will be in the team as a collective. I dont expect the team to mount a title challenge from the off and expect struggle so time is needed for them to gel and form a bond.

This could take a while.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:13 AM