han2503
post Jul 6 2015, 04:00 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 6 2015, 01:55 PM) *
Name a single example! For me, and this is key; you're only as good as your last match. I judge in real time. If someone has 3 bad matches and one good one I say they had three bad matches and one good one.

And I do rate Suso as a player, but he's immature like Niang was and plays like he did. Menez is what happens when that isn't coached out of a player.

You mean just players from this season?

Armero, Bocchetti (not saying you're wrong there, but as soon as he had a bad game you turned on him completely), DS is suddenly sh!t to you after a couple of bad matches and months out injured, same with SES, Destro, Cerci, Suso, who you were all about and then suddenly, nah he's not good enough, etc.

My point is, that you can be right about certain players. But I prefer to give them a longer chance then suddenly decalring them a joke or bad after one bad or really terrible performance.

It's not like I don't agree with you about certain players from that list, but the quickness of your decision about them is a bit unfair.

Have we really seen enough of Suso to make any sort of logical assessment? No imo, far from it.

Are Bocchetti, Armero and Cerci terrible? Yes, I didn't want any of them in the first place. But I still gave them a chance, I gave Cerci even more than that before I completely threw in the towel and this coming from someone who was adamant about how average he is and his season at Torino was nothing but a fluke for a player who's pretty much failed in any decent side he's played for.

For me, I judge a player on a wider span of games than just 2 or 3, especially if they're new to the side.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 6 2015, 01:55 PM) *
Even SES excelled in our last few matches. Even Pippo looked like a manager.

Van Ginkel had been consistently good for the last 2 months though, he took a bit of time to get into a rhythm once Pippo started playing him regularly after February, but the last 2 months or so were very good from him.

We only looked decent in the last 2 or 3 games, which is not what I meant for Van Ginkel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 8 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Suso: "I can play the #10 role and be a starter for this team"

Link

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jul 8 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 8 2015, 01:51 PM) *
Suso: "I can play the #10 role and be a starter for this team"

Link

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

I'm not sure he's up to that yet but I like his confidence and he should definitely be given a fair shot at proving himself this preseason. He's probably good enough to be the first back up for that spot depending on tactical requirements.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 8 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think if we're looking for someone to play the "Di Maria" role, Suso is the only guy that can be realistically considered. This SES nonsense for that position is just laughable and makes you think, do these people ever watch these players play?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 8 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #35

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 8 2015, 08:16 PM) *
I think if we're looking for someone to play the "Di Maria" role, Suso is the only guy that can be realistically considered. This SES nonsense for that position is just laughable and makes you think, do these people ever watch these players play?

There's no such thing as the 'Di Maria' role. There's only a player called Di Maria who plays the way he does.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 8 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 8 2015, 09:25 PM) *
There's no such thing as the 'Di Maria' role. There's only a player called Di Maria who plays the way he does.

That's what they're saying they'll be trying SES at though, which is just baffling. At least Suso comes closer to what is needed to play in that position in the way that Di Maria does.

I think playing an attacking mid/winger there can be a "thing". But Carlo is the master of doing that, just like he's the one who created a position for Pirlo to occupy. But this is something that can only happen in very specific situations. I'm not advocating that we try it. I've actually been on my knees begging for a proper creative CM for a while now, I don't want to see SES or Suso or anyone else trying to fill that role.

But if it really came down to it, Suso is the only one in our squad who can be tried out there, and maybe Honda

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 8 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Bumped. Back from loan and will most likely be staying as Montella has been impressed. Hopefully he'll be a dependable option for next season.

I'll be bumping up the players' thread and updating it with the current roster.

Abbiati, Menez, Nocerino, Agazzi, Alex, Mexes and Balotelli all moved to the past players section

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Sep 25 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Suso has renewed through 2022, officially. Picture with Fassone & Mirabelli and everything.

(-1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) to the penguins for letting this thread go idle for more than a year. Suso is really good! Also he has a nice tushie.)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 25 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #39

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

He should be switched to the right, with Bonaventura on the left. Sadly we don't have a capable LFW except for Borini.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Sep 25 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Hrm. Details on the contract renewal: there's apparently a buyout of 50 million. Not sure I like that.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:04 AM