> Suso, Jesús Joaquin Fernández Sáenz

X-Offender
post Jul 4 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 4 2015, 10:26 PM) *
A poor man's Menez. Don't want him anywhere near the first team.

Inzaghi, is that you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 5 2015, 05:25 AM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2015, 09:41 PM) *
Inzaghi, is that you?

I don't rate him. Too selfish, too individualistic, but without the ability of Menez.

A poor man's Menez.

Happy for him to prove me wrong.

Not sure if Sini will give him the chance to though.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2015, 05:25 AM) *
I don't rate him. Too selfish, too individualistic, but without the ability of Menez.

A poor man's Menez.

Happy for him to prove me wrong.

Not sure if Sini will give him the chance to though.

And your assessment comes from having seen him play in tons and tons of matches, right?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 5 2015, 11:26 AM
Post #19

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2015, 08:25 AM) *
And your assessment comes from having seen him play in tons and tons of matches, right?

If he acted out of character in the few appearances he made, then I'll be glad to see him act as more of a team player should he get his chance.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2015, 11:26 AM) *
If he acted out of character in the few appearances he made, then I'll be glad to see him act as more of a team player should he get his chance.

A player that barely plays and is given the chance in a couple of games will tend to act a bit individualistic in order to impress the coach. Even so, I never got that feeling from Suso. Unlike Menez, it was fairly obvious he was playing for the team and not for himself.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 5 2015, 03:11 PM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2015, 10:35 AM) *
A player that barely plays and is given the chance in a couple of games will tend to act a bit individualistic in order to impress the coach.

Van Ginkel didn't v Empoli? He was excellent till his 30th minute injury. Played for the team, looked composed.

Armero didn't v Lazio in January. He was rubbish but he wasn't selfish.

Even so, I never got that feeling from Suso. Unlike Menez, it was fairly obvious he was playing for the team and not for himself.

Wasn't obvious to me. Versus Udinese, where he started, the only three players to manage less passes in the match for us (24) than him were Lopez (23), Paletta (14) and Pazzo (11). Of all the mids and creative players, Suso ranked bottom in terms of team play. Even Menez managed more, 48. His success rate of those passes was also the lowest in the whole team - 62.5%.

He improved against Inter, with the highest number of passes of all the attackers (36 - not by a lot, Pazzo was 33), and the highest % in attack, but v Sassuolo, before his red card, he managed the lowest overall again (20), and even if it had doubled for the second half, he would have remained among the lowest passing players.

This is my issue - I see talent here, potential - but in three appearances he was too just selfish with the ball, not looking up, and wanting the glory for himself.

It goes one of two ways. Either he goes the way of Menez, playing for himself, ball hogging, wanting to be the match winner, or, at his young age he gets the time to mature his game, pass more, look up and work harder off the ball.

Even Niang has learned to play as a team player, so Suso certainly has time, and we see what happens when that isn't knocked out of a player at an early age (Menez).

It's in his hands, and hopefully Sini can get that side out of his game and turn him into a serious talent. If, he sees him as part of his plans, that is.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2015, 03:45 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2015, 03:11 PM) *
Van Ginkel didn't v Empoli? He was excellent till his 30th minute injury. Played for the team, looked composed.

Armero didn't v Lazio in January. He was rubbish but he wasn't selfish.

You can't really compare a LB and a CM to an attacker in that regard. And besides, the game against Empoli was early in the season. Suso was signed in January but was not given a proper chance until mid-April when we played Inter, where he was arguably one of the better players in that horrendous match. Then a bad game where everyone was crap and bam, relegated on the bench for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2015, 03:11 PM) *
Wasn't obvious to me. Versus Udinese, where he started, the only three players to manage less passes in the match for us (24) than him were Lopez (23), Paletta (14) and Pazzo (11). Of all the mids and creative players, Suso ranked bottom in terms of team play. Even Menez managed more, 48. His success rate of those passes was also the lowest in the whole team - 62.5%.

He improved against Inter, with the highest number of passes of all the attackers (36 - not by a lot, Pazzo was 33), and the highest % in attack, but v Sassuolo, before his red card, he managed the lowest overall again (20), and even if it had doubled for the second half, he would have remained among the lowest passing players.

This is my issue - I see talent here, potential - but in three appearances he was too just selfish with the ball, not looking up, and wanting the glory for himself.

It goes one of two ways. Either he goes the way of Menez, playing for himself, ball hogging, wanting to be the match winner, or, at his young age he gets the time to mature his game, pass more, look up and work harder off the ball.

Even Niang has learned to play as a team player, so Suso certainly has time, and we see what happens when that isn't knocked out of a player at an early age (Menez).

It's in his hands, and hopefully Sini can get that side out of his game and turn him into a serious talent. If, he sees him as part of his plans, that is.

Give him time, dear. Judging him on those few scraps of games he's played is way too immature.

And speaking of the devil, according to Corriere, Suso has been the real surprise in these first two days of training. He's really impressed Mihajlovic, who wants him to stay at this point.

Link

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 5 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

If Sini's not playing with wingers, I struggle to see where Suso can fit in.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2015, 07:37 PM) *
If Sini's not playing with wingers, I struggle to see where Suso can fit in.

Suso can play anywhere in attacking midfield.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 5 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #25

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2015, 06:57 PM) *
Suso can play anywhere in attacking midfield.

Oh, seen enough of him to know that, have you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2015, 10:37 PM) *
Oh, seen enough of him to know that, have you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

No, just search the internet and you'll find out.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jul 6 2015, 11:33 AM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

shame if we let this guy go he gets pretty good in FM15 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 6 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #28

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 6 2015, 10:33 AM) *
shame if we let this guy go he gets pretty good in FM15 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

*snort*

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 6 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Danny, you're so quick to judge players you give people whiplash. At first you're all about someone, they have one disappointing performance and they're suddenly dead to you.

I just don't get that type of attitude towards judging players. Players need time to adapt and integrate into a side, spending a season on the bench and getting one chance where you find it hard to impress isn't something that's unheard of, actually it's quite common

Like with Van Ginkel. Once he started to get more playing time later in the season he struggled a bit, but once he did find his feet he was our best mid imo in those last few matches

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 6 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 6 2015, 11:48 AM) *
Danny, you're so quick to judge players you give people whiplash. At first you're all about someone, they have one disappointing performance and they're suddenly dead to you.

Name a single example! For me, and this is key; you're only as good as your last match. I judge in real time. If someone has 3 bad matches and one good one I say they had three bad matches and one good one.

And I do rate Suso as a player, but he's immature like Niang was and plays like he did. Menez is what happens when that isn't coached out of a player.

I just don't get that type of attitude towards judging players. Players need time to adapt and integrate into a side, spending a season on the bench and getting one chance where you find it hard to impress isn't something that's unheard of, actually it's quite common

Like with Van Ginkel. Once he started to get more playing time later in the season he struggled a bit, but once he did find his feet he was our best mid imo in those last few matches

Even SES excelled in our last few matches. Even Pippo looked like a manager.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:48 AM