Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 18/05/08 - Serie A - Milan vs Udinese

acid911
post May 14 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #31

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Both. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The thing is that a Milan era is coming to an end and a new one is beginning. Carletto will take time to get over this. But it's maybe due to his inexperience, he is comparatively not as older or experienced as other coaches, say Sir Alex?

We'll know more about Ancelotti and his skills if he ever manages any other team, a mid table one perhaps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

m1ke
post May 14 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #32

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I don't think I'd place Carlo in the 'stupid' bracket, but I get your point. Stubborn and predictable yes, but stupid - I'm not so sure.

Any team can reach the CL final if luck is on their side, but 3 times in 5 seasons is no fluke. Carlo has a very clear idea of how he wants his team to play, and believes 100% in his choices (he probably couldn't survive at a club like Milan if he didn't). And you're right - he very rarely changes a winning formula, even when things aren't going to plan. Maybe he's putting too much faith in the players? He can't be called stupid for that though - the players have earnt the faith placed in them with their performances over the last 5 years.

I don't know if he'll stay this summer, but I know that if he goes to another top European club, I wouldn't look forward to facing them.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 14 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #33

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

This morning's training has taken place.

After warmups (in which everyone took part), there was a lot of work in small groups -- agility exercises, speed sprints, the sand pit, work in the gym, etc.

There will be another training session this afternoon.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 14 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #34

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I've always thought Carlo can succeed in Milan if he's provided with a great team. that said, it doesn't really make a difference to me if he stays or goes. we firstly need to rebuild the team not replace the coach.

But if we were ever to replace Carlo, [considering that Mourinho seems to be an impossible dream] I'd like to see Rijkaard in Milan; much more than Donadoni or Lippi. it's time for Milan to kick-goodbye the boring Christmas tree and play some beautiful attacking football.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 14 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #35

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

The afternoon training has taken place.

After warmups and drills, there were defensive exercises and practice games.

No player was mentioned by name.

+Quote Post

armiss
post May 14 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

QUOTE (m1ke @ May 14 2008, 04:02 PM)
I don't think I'd place Carlo in the 'stupid' bracket, but I get your point. Stubborn and predictable yes, but stupid - I'm not so sure.

Any team can reach the CL final if luck is on their side, but 3 times in 5 seasons is no fluke. Carlo has a very clear idea of how he wants his team to play, and believes 100% in his choices (he probably couldn't survive at a club like Milan if he didn't). And you're right - he very rarely changes a winning formula, even when things aren't going to plan. Maybe he's putting too much faith in the players? He can't be called stupid for that though - the players have earnt the faith placed in them with their performances over the last 5 years.

I don't know if he'll stay this summer, but I know that if he goes to another top European club, I wouldn't look forward to facing them.

Agree plus that i think Galliani were very lazy about market in last 2 years , this is the only mistake that hurts so much , with a little work in market we could avoid our troubles for this season !

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 14 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #37

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (armisse @ May 14 2008, 10:57 AM)
Agree plus that i think Galliani were very lazy about market in last 2 years , this is the only mistake  that hurts so much , with a little work in market we could avoid our troubles for this season !

a lot man not a little.

Brocchi, gattuso, gila dida emerson, ronaldo are leaving this summer most likely.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 14 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Got my tickets today im taking alot of pictures!!! can't wait !!

+Quote Post

tom_valtellina
post May 14 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #39

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,653

Hey guys,

To those planning on going to the match, I hope there is no problem with regard to buying tickets. I'm near Milan now and went to a Banca Intesa branch to buy some tix. They wouldn't sell them to me (I am an Aussie here on holiday), as apparently only locals can buy them now (as a result of the new laws). Luckily I was with my cousin who lives here and he was able to get me a ticket, although there is no guarantee I'll be able to enter the stadium.

Just want to let you know of my experience. As I said, I hope that there is no problem for you to get tickets (if you dont have them already).

+Quote Post

tom_valtellina
post May 14 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #40

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 3,653

@rhy_AK

Hahaha looks like you beat me to it. Glad you had no probs getting them!

+Quote Post

Warchant
post May 14 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (m1ke @ May 14 2008, 06:32 AM)

my only problem with carlo is that he's a great European manager and a decent Serie A manage. i think that's where his stubbornness comes into play.

he needs to realize the Euro style and Italian style are 2 completely different things. Christmas Tree works in Europe, but not in Seria A. when we are healthy and play with two forwards in seria a we usually come out on top.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 14 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (tom_valtellina @ May 14 2008, 06:14 PM)
although there is no guarantee I'll be able to enter the stadium.

That's gonna do wonders for our attendance if they'll only let in people from Milan! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 14 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (tom_valtellina @ May 14 2008, 06:14 PM)
Hey guys,

To those planning on going to the match, I hope there is no problem with regard to buying tickets. I'm near Milan now and went to a Banca Intesa branch to buy some tix. They wouldn't sell them to me (I am an Aussie here on holiday), as apparently only locals can buy them now (as a result of the new laws). Luckily I was with my cousin who lives here and he was able to get me a ticket, although there is no guarantee I'll be able to enter the stadium.

Just want to let you know of my experience. As I said, I hope that there is no problem for you to get tickets (if you dont have them already).

Hey mate i think its probably because of the demand in tickets as its the last match of the season my parents which are on holiday now in Como got them from the Banca intesa , as the Milan point next to the Doumo wasnt selling any because there ticket machine printer was broken (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) they are selling fast !!! as the news and media hypes the match as they should !
This will be my 4th match including seeing them in Dubai in the winter training camp i havent ever had problems getting tickets they only stopped me at the gates for my water bottle because i needed to throw away the cap (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
I hope we all get in and have a great match FORZA MILAN !! FORZA TUTTI TIFOSI ROSSONERI !!!!

P.S everyone thats going id be there 2 hours or more before the match i like to go to the MC Donalds down the road from the Stadio for some beverages and read the Gazzeta Dello sport most fans tend to start heading down and hour before kick off , thats when it gets tricky and you have to que alot lol

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: May 14 2008, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 14 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (tom_valtellina @ May 14 2008, 06:16 PM)
@rhy_AK

Hahaha looks like you beat me to it. Glad you had no probs getting them!

Cheers m8 (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Besfort
post May 14 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #45

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 3,759

So, our CL participation for next year, doesn't depend on us. What could I say ? I heard the news when Cairo said he'll be playing Viola for victory and I really hope his words will come to be reality and prove it on the pitch.

I want Milan to play this game for fans, no matter who the other match result will be. I want them to win for them, to cheer a bit their sad faces, to make them happy at least with something little.
They were always beside them, even in dark times (Just what we're in right now), they deserve it.
If we would depend on ourself, I would start celebrating from now on, because I know that they would crash them hard. But this is what scares me, we depend on a team which has secured their place in Serie A for the next season, and will play like it was a friendly match.
To be honest, we really don't deserve that place, but I don't care about that since I want my team to play in CL, and be the team of fear for others, like we always were. CL would suck without Milan there, not only for us, but for everyone who really loves football and has at least 10% of football knowledge.

Nothing would make this year for me perfect, If I see Roma lifting the Scudetto and Milan in 4'th place.

Anyway, hope dies last.

Forza !

This post has been edited by Besfort: May 14 2008, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:13 AM