> Europa League 18/19: Milan matches

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 20 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

All Milan Europa League matches talk here. Starting with today's game against Dudelange.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 20 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

Milan: Reina; Abate, Caldara, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bertolacci, Mauri, Bakayoko; Borini, Higuain, Castillejo

Milan bench: G Donnarumma, Calabria, Calhanoglu, Zapata, Biglia, Halilovic, Kessie

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 20 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I'll be rooting for Reina and Caldara. Hopefully both can bench their woeful counterparts.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 20 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Well, the team is just too different to expect something.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 20 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Disjointed performance.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 20 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #6

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2018, 06:47 PM) *
I'll be rooting for Reina and Caldara. Hopefully both can bench their woeful counterparts.

To be honest, Musacchio has been anything but woeful so far.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 20 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

Well, quite a mediocre performance. But, it was quite expected given the lineup that Gattuso fielded. Even if we were playing against a much weaker side, team chemistry is quite important.

I think I learned one or two things though in this match on some players:

Abate: The boy is done. He was really good at one point of his career. But, his days are over, I'm afraid.

Laxalt: The kid is good. But, I don't know where he can play. I'm pretty damn sure he won't be good enough as full back. Defensively speaking that is.

Bakayoko: Well, the guy seems okay. But...hmm I really don't see him adding anything. He can be a vice-Kessie maybe. But, not more. His football IQ is not so good imo. That is me being nice.

Castillejo: Very nice dribbling blabla. But, he doesn't have any end product. An okay player to have on the bench, but nothing more.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 20 2018, 09:59 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 20 2018, 11:53 PM) *

Yes, I agree.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 20 2018, 11:02 PM
Post #9

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:58 PM) *
Well, quite a mediocre performance. But, it was quite expected given the lineup that Gattuso fielded. Even if we were playing against a much weaker side, team chemistry is quite important.

Abate: The boy is done. He was really good at one point of his career. But, his days are over, I'm afraid.

Laxalt: The kid is good. But, I don't know where he can play. I'm pretty damn sure he won't be good enough as full back. Defensively speaking that is.

Bakayoko: Well, the guy seems okay. But...hmm I really don't see him adding anything. He can be a vice-Kessie maybe. But, not more. His football IQ is not so good imo. That is me being nice.

Castillejo: Very nice dribbling blabla. But, he doesn't have any end product. An okay player to have on the bench, but nothing more.

Honestly, I think we should have scored 2-3 more given the many chances we had. It was an average performance but certainly not a bad one. I liked that even in the 90th minute the players were running and pressing.

As for your player remarks, I agree about Abate and Bakayoko. Sure as hell we're never going to opt the purchase clause of 40M for this guy.

I think Laxalt can comfortably play in defense. He did so for Uruguay in the WC, and in those few showings for us he's demonstrated maturity and confidence.

Castillejo, to be honest, I liked. He's got skill, even though he lacks some end product as you said. Nevertheless, I need to see more of him, and he needs to be given more time.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 21 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Thanks for opening the thread Fillipo, I totally forgot to do it before hand and then I had to go out

I only caught glimpses of the game as I was out at a dinner gathering thing so I can't really comment, but barely scraping a 1-0 win against a team of part-timers does not look good

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2018, 06:47 PM) *

Donna will never be benched. We're paying him 12m gross per year. Reina imo is better right now, especially with his feet but that's the way things are. Rino won't bench Donna

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 20 2018, 09:53 PM) *

Meh, I don't thin him and Romagnoli mesh well together. Our defensive play has been atrocious. Even against Roma, which was our best showing by far this season, we looked shaky at the back. We need to start playing Caldara there so him and Romagnoli can start to form an understanding with each other.

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:58 PM) *

Laxalt I'd personally start over Rodriguez any day of the week. Rodriguez is so slow, lethargic and predicatable that he's basically useless for us as an attacking outlet. And it's not like he's Maldini in the defensive phase either, so i'd rather Laxalt be the starter there

As for Castillejo, he's still young and new to the team. I see him the same way Suso was when he first came here. He'll develop his end product and cut out some of the play acting and needless flamboyance from his game as he'll quickly learn that Italy is no Spain

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 23 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Milan Atalanta kicking off soon!!

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 23 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Milan: G Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu

Atalanta: Gollini; Toloi, Palomino, Masiello; Castagne, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Pasalic; Gomez, Barrow

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 23 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Sorry, no thread

Let's just talk here

GOALLL. HIGUAIN!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 23 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 23 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

yewsssss! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:20 AM